View Poll Results: Sanford's girlfriend...

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hot Latina Chick.

29 33.72%
  • T Girl, naturally.

57 66.28%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotchagood
    Just because he committed adultery doesn't make him a lesser human. We all do wrong at some point , and I've never heard him say I'm a perfect person or Christian or used to be.

Have a great day
    Read any article about his press conference. He repeatedly referenced the Bible, even admitting what he did was contrary to God's law.

Both he and Senator Ensign were not only Christians, but Promise Keepers holding themselves out as perfect. Keep score at home if you like on how well they kept these 2 of the 7 Promise Keeper promises

A Promise Keeper is committed to practicing spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.

A Promise Keeper is committed to building strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values.

Adultery doesn't make him a lesser human, its just makes him human. But throwing so many stones when his own house was clearly glass makes him a highly hypocritical one, who is now deservedly reaping what he has sown.

FK

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by gotchagood
    Just because he committed adultery doesn't make him a lesser human. We all do wrong at some point , and I've never heard him say I'm a perfect person or Christian or used to be.

Have a great day
    Read any article about his press conference. He repeatedly referenced the Bible, even admitting what he did was contrary to God's law.

Both he and Senator Ensign were not only Christians, but Promise Keepers holding themselves out as perfect. Keep score at home if you like on how well they kept these 2 of the 7 Promise Keeper promises

A Promise Keeper is committed to practicing spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.

Well put.

A Promise Keeper is committed to building strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values.

Adultery doesn't make him a lesser human, its just makes him human. But throwing so many stones when his own house was clearly glass makes him a highly hypocritical one, who is now deservedly reaping what he has sown.

FK

Well put Felicia.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Why anyone would ever vote for a Promise Keeper is just beyond me. These people are just plain weird. It's cult-like. You might as well be voting for David Koresh.

So what are your thoughts on the Clinton/Lewinsky affair?
    I thought it was a great source of comic material. The standups are still milking it. No matter how many handbags Monica sells, the world's most famous groupie will still be seen as a pair of tonsils.

& that brings us back to Sanford. He was in the House that voted for impeachment. He was real vocal about it too. Railing against the sordid immorality of it all. Oh no! There's a libido in the executive office! That's not allowed!

At least Clinton was just screwing up his own marriage (that time). The groupie was just out to win a bet with her mom over bragging rights. (Apparently, mom had done John Lennon & the dress was proof of the one-up.) But here we have Maria, with a husband & a couple of kids of her own. Too bad really, because if she was sporting a big dick, it would exponentially add to the entertainment value of this story. Instead, we'll just have another family destroyed, or at least seriously distressed. I'm sure there are tabloids in Argentina & there's probably an army of photographers surrounding her home as we speak. Think hubby's having a good time with all this? I figure we'll be seeing pictures sometime today. Maybe Hugo Chavez will offer her sanctuary.

Damn! I just realized I missed the Daily Show & Colbert last night.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

When the GOP stops calling itself the party of Family Values, guys like Sanford will only then get a pass in the human failings department.

Until then, I hope he's forced to resign from office.

5 Star Poster

Many here have taken this as an opportunity to bash the very notion of family values. Yes yes I know many who say they have them bash us. However

Family values does not mean you have no human weakness or frailty. Being religious does not mean being without sin. They both mean that one values god and family, gives and seeks forgiveness for wrongs, and tries their best to live by a certain set of ideals.

People who say that they have family values but act as if they are incapable of sin, are something else.
    Many christian conservatives forget "Judge not lest ye be judged."

When it comes to queer people people like Sanford get so caught up in thinking us "inherently sinful" that they often forget the value of forgiveness. They forget that they are not god, they forget the forgiving nature of god, and only god decides the final destiny of all.

All of this applies to us queer people as well. If you pray, in whatever manner, if you try but fail to live up to any ideals of life...even secular non religious ones..you are no different than this man.

As sallam ul lakium.

As a side note this news report describes the woman he committed adultery with.

It reports he wrote "My heart cries out for you, your voice, your body, the touch of your lips, the touch of your finger tips and an even deeper connection to your soul."

She wrote to him:"I don't want to put the genius (sic) back in the bottle because I truly believe in freedom. I never gave you sexual details but now you don't need to imagine you can close your eyes and just remember. I'll do the same," she wrote, according to The State."

5 Star Poster

Possible video of Maria Belen Chapur. Gov. Sanfords Mistress trying out to be a news reporter. Video translation The video looks a bit old.

Professional Poster

He tried to pass himself off as perfect.This is why he's being slammed so hard,not by just Dems,but Rep. also.You folks defend him as human,yet he didn't realize he was human until he started fucking around with Maria.This from the same asshole who fought so hard to impeach Clinton.This from the same asshole who felt if you couldn't be faithful get out of office.He lied to his Staff,spent taxpayer money for this pussy.He put his self above everyone else.The same bible he quotes speaks about hypocrits like him.That they will reap what they sow..and thats all they'll reap.Fuck him,may he rot in the hell his bible speaks of.

"She Shakin' It For,Daddy"

5 Star Poster

So much for some paparazzi getting the exclusive Youtube beat them to it.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

It’s just a ploy of the conservative party that only they understand, uphold and protect family values. That other party laughs at family values. Denigrates family values and holds them in disregard. But that’s just pure nonsense. Who does not value the role of families in our society? The conservative party simply has a very conservative perspective on what families are, what they can be, what families value and what sort of legislation would benefit families.

Everybody is for family values. That’s why politicians, like Sanford, intimate their opponents are not. Those kind of silly declarations are attempts to paint one’s opponents are evil and weird. When the Sanfords of the world trip and fall over their own human failings, they get what they deserve.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.