Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Quote Originally Posted by fred41
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBURBS
    There are shit head cops (plenty of them), but there are also plenty of decent ones too. Part of the problem is that some people detest any cop right off the bat while some others mindlessly worship them. Neither position is rational since cops are just every day people with the same qualities and flaws as the rest of us.

Another thing to remember is that they are enforcing laws that are passed by others. Perhaps your anger would sometimes be better directed at the people that actually made the law.

With that said let me give everyone a few basic rules for dealing with the police in the US:

1) Be respectful. You can disagree with them, but cursing or name calling will only make the situation worse. Also never physically challenge them; causing injury to a cop is a felony in most if not all states.

2) Most states require that you identify yourself if asked, but aside from that you don't have to answer any questions.

3) Never give permission to search your property. Let them get a warrant, or they might do it anyway without one. However, you can challenge the search later in court. Just make sure you are clear that you're not giving permission for a search.

4) Ask if you are free to leave. If they tell you no (or say you are under arrest) tell them that you wish to exercise your right to an attorney and to not answer questions.
    Good post. Cops are people just like us. Maybe just like the people on this site (I'm sure there's plenty of cops on HA..lol)...Some of them are the salt of the earth..and some of 'em are douchebags. ..but that's true of everyone...including the people on this site.
    fred I think his post is the best yet... its 100 percent correct and very informative..

Refering to Silcc's video-the individual speaking to the police officer showed a threat when he got in the face of the cop(big mistake) He is not going to get PAID like he was exclaiming he will probably get off with community service...The moment you get in front of a cops face and talk trash thats the moment you lost...Especially since its on camera.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Rookie Poster

The problem as I see it is cops deal with the dregs of society on a daily, routine basis.

Sadly they become jaded and assume that ever person they deal with will be a dirtbag. Combine that with the general power-tripping most have, and most are not the sharpest tools in the shed and you have someone arriving at your door/pulling you over who will have a chip on their shoulder.

I'm sure there are good ones out there but sadly the a-hole cop outnumbers the nice, decent ones.

So when you get pulled over or whatever, if you're in a pissy mood you'll set off a ticking time bomb.

I'm not a fan of cops but we do need them. So long as you're respectful and show them you're not an idiot, you should be okay.

Case in point... I have HID headlights in my car. Most are not used to how bright they are. I had some idiot play the high-beam game with me on the highway and finally I had enough so I sped up to get away from him (I 'could' have slowed down, I guess - but I'd eventually catch he guy again)... and the popo got me on radar and chased me down.

I respectfully explained why... asked for advice on what to do and a $350 ticket and three points was reduced to $50 and no points.

Quote Originally Posted by Legallylarge
    The problem as I see it is cops deal with the dregs of society on a daily, routine basis.

Sadly they become jaded and assume that ever person they deal with will be a dirtbag. Combine that with the general power-tripping most have, and most are not the sharpest tools in the shed and you have someone arriving at your door/pulling you over who will have a chip on their shoulder.

I'm sure there are good ones out there but sadly the a-hole cop outnumbers the nice, decent ones.

So when you get pulled over or whatever, if you're in a pissy mood you'll set off a ticking time bomb.

I'm not a fan of cops but we do need them. So long as you're respectful and show them you're not an idiot, you should be okay.

Case in point... I have HID headlights in my car. Most are not used to how bright they are. I had some idiot play the high-beam game with me on the highway and finally I had enough so I sped up to get away from him (I 'could' have slowed down, I guess - but I'd eventually catch he guy again)... and the popo got me on radar and chased me down.

I respectfully explained why... asked for advice on what to do and a $350 ticket and three points was reduced to $50 and no points.
    Cali law is that they cannot be blue or any color different than white...I get fix it tickets all the time for HIDS buddy is a chp writes it off :P
    But the true legal way for hids is projector ugly ass headlights....I got Bi-Xenon kit- 90 bucks been buying from same place for years for all my vehicles/motorcycles. HIDextra.com dont know the law for canada sorry tho..Hids from that site are bad ass

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR

Cali law is that they cannot be blue or any color different than white...I get fix it tickets all the time for HIDS buddy is a chp writes it off :P
    But the true legal way for hids is projector ugly ass headlights....I got Bi-Xenon kit- 90 bucks been buying from same place for years for all my vehicles/motorcycles. HIDextra.com dont know the law for canada sorry tho..Hids from that site are bad ass
    I'm running my HIDs in projectors at 4300K so it's all OEM and legal.

Some idiots think I'm running hi-beams all the time, but I'm not. It's just that 4300K is the whitest and brightest temperature.

And the cop had no issue with my headlights... just my speeding.

I'm running my HIDs in projectors at 4300K so it's all OEM and legal.

Some idiots think I'm running hi-beams all the time, but I'm not. It's just that 4300K is the whitest and brightest temperature.

And the cop had no issue with my headlights... just my speeding.
    my bikes were purple Bikes have no law limitations to my knowledge.they want you to be seen....
    My cars go blue. 8000k....if you dont have bi-xenon I suggest getting them your low beam is hi beam and then your hibeam is UBERBEAMING lol I only speed in really fast cars or on my bike if im in like a camry imma do speed limit.

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Rookie Poster

My cars go blue. 8000k....if you dont have bi-xenon I suggest getting them your low beam is hi beam and then your hibeam is UBERBEAMING lol I only speed in really fast cars or on my bike if im in like a camry imma do speed limit.
    This is way off topic, but FWIW, 8000K is blue, so I assume you're not concerned about how many lumens you're throwing down the road? You see, with HIDs, the higher the temperature, the less lumens you project, meaning the less light you make = the less you can see down the road.

At 4300K, as noted, my lights are the whitest temperature and also you cannot buy brighter bulbs than 4300K. I can sunburn the necks of drivers I come up behind.

The temperatures above 5000K look cool, but are inefficient as hell. I do a lot of driving on highways without street lights, so seeing as far down the road is of paramount importance to me.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Early mankind survived somehow without this preconceived notion of government
    Early mankind survived by living together in communes and tribes. There was plenty you were expected to do for the common good. If you refused you risked ostracism and worse.
    You do realize that only works if there's nothing but wilderness and carnivorous animals surrounding you, right Trish? Not to mention if you get ostracized now, you can just move to the next suburb over. While that may have working back in 20,000 BC when there were only like 20K humans on the planet, I'm guessing a similar model can't work with 6 billions lunatics running around.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Suckalot1
    Quote Originally Posted by JHANIAH L0VE
    if there were no piggies YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO WALK DOWN THE STREET. or even buy a loaf of bread.
    My story - Cop gave me 3 tickets today for nothing. Careless driving, unsafe lane change, and brakelight was out. All 3 for just unsafe lane change, which couldn't have possibly been unsafe. I've got many other stories where the dumb pigs just look for problems. They're out to make everyone criminals and that's what they do, when they're on the road or whatever. They're trained to think that everyone is doing something wrong and a violator, believe me.

Just because they were lucky enough to be chosen for a great job, that doesn't mean they should be given so much credit. Plenty of others would be more than glad to have the job and would do it much more justly. So don't kiss their asses just because they were lucky enough to be chosen for a great job.
    Why nobody else picked up on this is beyond me. You're just pissed because you got caught. You probably left out the part where you cut him off in traffic. Then got in the cop's face and started to yell and scream at him about how he's a fat, stupid piggy. Or a nerd. That's hilarious. You're exhibit #1 why some/many cops are pricks. They have to deal with asshats like you on a daily basis. And you think that is a great job? You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop. It's one of the hardest jobs in the world. Why do you think so many drink? The imbecility of your posts here is breathtaking. God, this thread is such an epic fail, I can't believe I'm wasting my time typing this.