Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Where could I meet TransVESTITES, not TransSEXUALs in NYC?

Ok, this is going to be a longish post. It's also going to have implications of bisexuality, so if that bothers you, as it seems to bother certain posters here lately, then, dear tender reader, avert your eyes now before it's too late.

I was watching RuPaul's Drag Race, and it occurred to me that I'm pretty attracted to that kind of "girl." I've been out of the game a long time (long story, been with a GG a long time till recently) but back in the day, when I dated "trans" I almost only dated transsexuals -- but that's almost only.

Looking at some of the drag queens on RuPaul's show and remembering the good old days made me think that there is a certain kind of transvestite that I find much more attractive and easy to get along with than transsexuals. This is not meant as an insult to any tgirls here, just a note about sexual preference. One of the main thing is, that I'm definitely not attracted to breast implants (that goes for GG strippers as well). I also find that transsexuals have such complicated attitudes toward their body parts.

There are (or were), on the other hand, transvestites or a certain type. Here is where it gets complicated. I'm not trying to pigeon hole anyone, just noting certain sexual identities. Basically, I used to meet lots of very femme gay men -- and that was their primary identity, just like on Drag Race -- who liked to dress as women some times. They present as gay men most of the week, but dress. They almost have a fetish with seducing men they consider mostly "straight" by being extremely pretty. Most don't go overboard, though, like "drag queens" -- the term I would use for more flamboyant gay men who dress primarily to perform, not to seduce or date. They tend to be relaxed about their fluid identity and the **ahem** the usefulness of their body parts. They are not cross dressers because they are not straight, and they tend to be much more femme and much more pretty, even without the female attire, than the typical person who self identifies as a "cross dresser".

Also they tend to be less likely to be involved in "working" because they live as gay men during the week, which is more socially acceptable, which means they have less economic pressures than transsexuals. In other words, they have day jobs.

All around, they are a lot easier to deal with on a friendship/relationship basis.

Since I've been out of the scene, it seems to me that this kind of "trannie" has disappeared from the scene. One thing that bothers me about this is the way we "medicalize" so many of our identity issues. Transvestites were femme gays who just liked to seduce and have a good time with guys, and it seems that a certain percentage of people who might have done that 10 years ago have convinced themselves that their issue is that they are in the wrong body, or gender dysphoria, rather than that they have certain fantasies and fetishes.

Femme gay transvestites tended to me more likely to be Latin or Black. In fact, I was just reading something in some informational forum that said many Brazilian travestis don't actually think of themselves as women, but as gay men who like to "feel like women."

So that's a long way what happened to them? Are there any parties or bars in NYC where I can meet really beautiful femme gay men who dress and "corrupt" us "straight" guys?

seems to me like you need to make your way to the thread about club kids. thats probably right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Default Re: Where could I meet TransVESTITES, not TransSEXUALs in NY

Quote Originally Posted by EdelweissFan
    In fact, I was just reading something in some informational forum that said many Brazilian travestis don't actually think of themselves as women, but as gay men who like to "feel like women."
    That has frequently been stated, and was observed in Don Kulick's study, but there are important cultural differences to take into account, and in recent years many more travestis have been getting GRS, which suggests they are transsexual in the Benjamin sense.

It is possible that some girls were just taking a very pragmatic attitude; GRS was for a long time illegal in Brazil, and then unavailable. So maybe they were just expressing a view that reflected that. The couldn't have GRS, why cry over it? The fact that GRS is now available in Brazil, and on the State health service at that, may mean that the picture will change significantly over the next years. It's a very interesting time.

Good luck with your search, on the more general point.

Junior Poster

Default Those were quick replies, but not exactly what I had in mind

I'm not interested in middle aged cross dressers, although the club kids thread was more on point -- and in fact the ones I used to meet were sort of in that category and was where you could meet them.

It seems that those venues don't exist any more.

Here is an example:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t2111_302.jpg 
Views:	1102 
Size:	482.7 KB 
ID:	247224  

She has a youtube page.

She is very very real.

edelweissFan, Tiffany is very much a full time translady totally commited to transitioning. She's not who you describe in your OP

you're looking for the young, mostly hispanic folks that hang at places like Escuelita's in Manhattan and the other Spanish gay clubs in the Bronx, Conneticut and Jersey. They're gay boys during the day but when they dress up at night as chicks some of them are drop dead gorgeous. They constantly brag about being hot looking without any hormones or surgeries. Some (certainly not all) view trannys as a bit freaky. But I also know some who are best friends with trannys

They're not "working" in the strict sense, but they'll hang with you in exchange for "gifts". So esentially, for an older white dude who wants to be with them, it amounts to the same thing

before anyone jumps on me, I'm generalizing here based on my own expierences. not looking to offend or act like I kno everything

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    She has a youtube page.

She is very very real.
    any links i want to see

I think this is what you're looking for edelweissFan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag_girls_698.jpg 
Views:	1028 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	247225  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    I think this is what you're looking for edelweissFan
    Thanks flabbybody! That is exactly the type I'm looking for. Btw, that publicity poster is amazingly hot. Do you have any more pictures like that?

Also, I didn't mean to imply that Tiffany was not transsexual committed to transitioning. I only used her picture because she was so hot when she was no-op, and was trying to show the kind of look I like even if the girl wasn't the type of person I was looking for.

I suppose another difference between the kind of "girl" you describe is that although there are some who accept "gifts" there are some who are just out to have a good time and date (I mean date in the normal world sense of the word) or just hook up.

A few of these "girls" would show up at Luchos in Queens, but damn, you have to wait until 3 in the morning. I'm not even sure whether Luchos is still open.

Any ideas for outer borough hangouts for them? And would you call them drag queens?