Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Osama terrorist picture strikes again. Or at least some hotlinking did. Maybe trying to put a HA hosted picture on myspace, like here?: http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=45179

at least you didn't get the hotlinking image that used to redirect to mutilated dicks on Ogrish.

white people

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance
    Yeah...I can see you don't mind admitting when you are wrong...but then, you are never wrong, right?
    Nonsense, to err is human, I've admitted being wrong on this forum multiple times before.

The jargon you are using is here to blur the issue that you don't really know what you are talking about, really -it was an euphemism actually...it's ok, don't blush- it might fool people less inclined to be in the know, but it just won't cut with me, as I read right through it.
    Its not a jargon, at least under American law (I realize copyright law varies greatly country to country).

To use an example from our law, a teacher at a school could go onto a news website- take a current events story, print out 30 copies and hand one out to each student in her class in discussing the news. Under American law, she need not pay for this, nor need she ask for permission from the news site because it falls under the "educational" fair use clause.

Context means everything.

Anyways, we haven't been introduced: I am European marketing director (web and offline). I enjoyed the conversation, especially as it ends now. Nighty night.
    Sorry if I offended you, I haven't used any insults here because I really don't see a reason for it. We're all adults, I would assume we're capable of talking about copyright law.
    You did not offend me. I just see that you do not know what you are talking about, in full.

I said jargon, because what you are writing about (and you know it, hence why you used it) means nothing to an end user. I think it's important to think that if you have to explain something rather confusing, you would need to keep it sharp cut.

And not sound somehow pompous to make it look like it's a big thing, because it sounds too complicated to those who do not understand what you are on about. Not all adults know about copyright law, and that too you are very well aware of. I doubt I insulted you, though. If I have, then please accept my apologies.

However...I would not use you as lawyer if I was caught red handed stealing bandwith. I'd be in Guantanamo in no time.

Purgamentum verbatim ad nauseum...

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Mod response from JWBL

If HA was hacked every cop on here would be on edge
    every politician on here would take a short vacation
    every chick on here would take the stairs from her apt. to the 1st floor instead of the elevator, not to mention check the brakelines on their vehicles
    and
    the mods would all be on a beach in Cuba absorbing it all in with their favorite drinks and their favorite tranny on their pelvic region ( in my case Danny in a thong)

JWBL

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

You did not offend me. I just see that you do not know what you are talking about, in full.
    That's good because I really did not intend to do so, its not normal for me to intend to offend someone especially over something as trivial as this. :P

I said jargon, because what you are writing about (and you know it, hence why you used it) means nothing to an end user.
    Most end users, yes, I'd quite agree with that.

Most people who go online to use anything that is copyrighted (commercial or not) don't really care what the law says. That's awfully apparent with P2P sites and the users who dl every software torrent they can find, just for the shake of doing so.

However...I would not use you as lawyer if I was caught red handed stealing bandwith. I'd be in Guantanamo in no time.
    God I hope you wouldn't use me as a lawyer, anyone who is looking at litigation should use someone who has taken & passed the appropriate bar exam. Using someone as a lawyer who isn't licensed is just asking for trouble!

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Its considered unethical, not illegal.
    Says you.

Ever heard of intellectual property theft -which is often linked (no pun intended) to hotlinking? You can face criminal prosecution for bandwith theft easily, too. Both are quick to prove.
    Hes right 100 percent Sarah... http://www.boogiejack.com/copyband.html
    That site is total bullshit. Hotlinking has been ruled legal by the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (Perfect 10 vs. Amazon.com; 508 F.3d 1146). From the court's ruling:

Google does not...display a copy of full-size infringing photographic images for purposes of the Copyright Act when Google frames in-line linked images that appear on a user’s computer screen. Because Google’s computers do not store the photographic images, Google does not have a copy of the images for purposes of the Copyright Act... While in-line linking and framing may cause some computer users to believe they are viewing a single Google webpage, the Copyright Act...does not protect a copyright holder against [such] acts....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotlinking

its because u were violating some sites hot linking policy...nothing else...no hacking...it has happened a few times on here

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

I didn't hot link anything... LOL

what do I do now???

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    ps: HA is not the place to look for love, I'm sure you know that, just wanted to remind you.
    WHAT?! You mean you're all just wasting my time?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Foxx
    I didn't hot link anything... LOL

what do I do now???
    Durka durka?

It worked thank you JWBL

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    ps: HA is not the place to look for love, I'm sure you know that, just wanted to remind you.
    WHAT?! You mean you're all just wasting my time?!!