Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Junior Poster

I've heard the PX90 is very good if you follow the diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkyalert
    to be honest imo eating healthy and correctly is dieting taking pills etc isnt. I mean you can use whey but thats just protein.
    Its better to do ALOT of aerobic exercises to lose that core(stomach) weight then lift heavy 3-5 times a week for those who are looking for mass.-I use creatine for muscle mass 30 mins before a workout down it and a extra bottle of water to make sure I dont get dehydrated.then Lift as heavy as I can yes I get DOMS alot.
    DOMS-delayed onset muscle soreness
    But when you work out with doms-and push yourself your mass has a better build.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I used to religiously do a 30 min/3 mile elliptical machine thing. I even owned a really nice Precor one for a few years. But I don't eat enough to worry about burning fat too much these days, and I quit my gym about 6 months ago. Currently, I just stretch every morning for about 20-30 minutes. I'm currently a lazy bitch. lol

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Well your still in good shape.

Junior Poster

That is actually the program I used and now I used PX90 plus. Don't follow the diet religiously through, too busy to get all that crap. Have to eat out a lot. But love the program and I think it works great and like I said you can get it off pirates websites.

But on the program it said if you can't do a pushup or pullup, it is recommended to not do PX90. So if you haven't workout in a long time or just beginning, probably not a good program to start with. Plus you have to have about 1 hr a day to spare for the workout. They do have other programs like P90 that is more "softer." And as you improve in muscle strength, people can make their way to PX90 and eventually PX90 plus.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by lahabra1976
    the most important thing when doing work out routines is that they don't be "routines", you have to mix it up otherwise your muscles will adapt and that will make your workout less efficient overtime. That is why after working out for a long time, people can't seem to increase their strength anymore.

It also a great idea to get the dumbell from Bowflex that can be any weight you want. It has a dial that can change the weight from 5 lbs all the way to 55 lbs on 1 dumbell, saves tons of space.

My routine which comes from Tony Horton is something like

Monday, Friday: chest, biceps, stomach - push ups with push up bar, pull ups (you can get the pull up bar that attachs too your door frame from big 5 or online), bicep curls (various versions such as bicep curls to the side, regular, twisting bicep curls), and several stomach exercises including setups and standing setups while hanging on a pull up bar, imagination is more important here just mix it up

Tues, Thursday: running, jogging, jumping, cardiovascular stuff

Wed: Legs, some biceps, and stomach again
    Sat: Kick boxing

You can probably goggle Tony Horton and buy his workout cds or if you are a pirate, you can download off pirated websites, hope that helps
    Best thing for chest is incline...and butterflys with dumbells Incline still....youtube-Power1k workouts.
    I checked that out on youtube and that guy had some awesome points. One thing he mentioned which I forgot to say is when you are working out your abs, think about your abs not your legs, or whats on TV. Same if you workout your biceps or any other muscle. Psychology and focus is important in working out I think. That is why I actually recommend don't have the TV on when working out, music is probably okay provided it doesn't distract you from concentrating.

the most important thing when doing work out routines is that they don't be "routines", you have to mix it up otherwise your muscles will adapt and that will make your workout less efficient overtime. That is why after working out for a long time, people can't seem to increase their strength anymore.

It also a great idea to get the dumbell from Bowflex that can be any weight you want. It has a dial that can change the weight from 5 lbs all the way to 55 lbs on 1 dumbell, saves tons of space.

My routine which comes from Tony Horton is something like

Monday, Friday: chest, biceps, stomach - push ups with push up bar, pull ups (you can get the pull up bar that attachs too your door frame from big 5 or online), bicep curls (various versions such as bicep curls to the side, regular, twisting bicep curls), and several stomach exercises including setups and standing setups while hanging on a pull up bar, imagination is more important here just mix it up

Tues, Thursday: running, jogging, jumping, cardiovascular stuff

Wed: Legs, some biceps, and stomach again
    Sat: Kick boxing

You can probably goggle Tony Horton and buy his workout cds or if you are a pirate, you can download off pirated websites, hope that helps
    Best thing for chest is incline...and butterflys with dumbells Incline still....youtube-Power1k workouts.
    I checked that out on youtube and that guy had some awesome points. One thing he mentioned which I forgot to say is when you are working out your abs, think about your abs not your legs, or whats on TV. Same if you workout your biceps or any other muscle. Psychology and focus is important in working out I think. That is why I actually recommend don't have the TV on when working out, music is probably okay provided it doesn't distract you from concentrating.
    yeah my friend is a personal trainer he reffered me to that guys site. Power1k.com then I saw they got youtube tutorials. been doing it for awhile-eating correctly. I feel the difference. even if its small I notice it.

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre
    I'm currently a lazy bitch. lol
    A hot lazy bitch.

Junior Poster

to be honest imo eating healthy and correctly is dieting taking pills etc isnt. I mean you can use whey but thats just protein.
    Its better to do ALOT of aerobic exercises to lose that core(stomach) weight then lift heavy 3-5 times a week for those who are looking for mass.-I use creatine for muscle mass 30 mins before a workout down it and a extra bottle of water to make sure I dont get dehydrated.then Lift as heavy as I can yes I get DOMS alot.
    DOMS-delayed onset muscle soreness
    But when you work out with doms-and push yourself your mass has a better build.
    OK....WELL FIRST OFF there are many natural supplements on the market that can help with fat loss such as EFA's, Essential Amino Acids, Phospahatidyl Serine, Coffee, etc.

SECOND ... being that aerobic activity is catabolic in nature it's NOT better to do ALOT of aerobic exercise if you want to maintain lean muscle ...if you're goal is to just lose as much weight as possible and increase endurance then do alot of aerobic activity otherwise it needs to be kept at 20-40 minutes @ 65-75% of your max heart rate (220 -age) 3-6 days a week

THIRD.... there is no such thing as "spot reduction" with body fat so doing cardio does not necessarily take it from the stomach first, that all has to do with genetics...it might come off thighs or back first just depends on the person

FIFTH.... DOMS has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with muscle mass. DOMS is simply a temporary buildup of calcium and prostaglandins in the muscle fibers that causes soreness. The only benefit to working a muscle that is still sore from your last workout is the stretch that you may get from doing full range repetitions to avoid excessive tightness in the muscle.

AND A WORD OF ADVICE .... if you're taking creatine for muscle mass you need to be taking it post work out with a 50/50 mix of dextrose/maltodextrin and at least 32 oz of water, otherwise alot of you're creatine is going to waste.... only benefit of taking creatine 1 HOUR (not 30 minutes) before training is some possible increase in strength

SO TO SUM IT ALL UP....everything you just wrote is pretty much incorrect advice ... but then again everyone that reads a couple of FLEX magazines is pro on the subject

ok TOOLY TROLL.w.e you say...you know everything right? information from gay.com?
    microscopic tears streching and healing at the same time.....

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC