Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

But don't you think it should be done in a fiscally prudent manner?
    It should be done in a manner commensurate with the problem. Most economists were anxious that the stimulus might too small to overcome the inertia of a large stagnant economy. See the Krugmann article.

And much of this so-called stimulus money that was promised to get things moving quickly won't even spent for years.
    No one made any promises about the recovery being quick. Though I do criticize the administration and the states for not having done enough homework to spend the stimulus in a timely fashion.

how in the hell do we know what this stimulus money is being spent on?
    The government has a website the lists all the current uses and expenditures of the stimulus. Do a google search. Though I do still criticize government transparency in other areas.

Yes, I understand some far lefties think he should keep his promise about bringing troops home. And many gay/lesbian people don't think Obama's not doing enough. And of course, Nancy Pelosi wants Obama to release the so-called torture pictures to help her reelection bid and so far Obama is listening to his militart advisors.
    Sorry to break it to you, but these aren’t far lefties. McCain wanted to see us out of Iraq are early as possible. Gay rights is fast becoming as American as apple pie. Same sex marriage was passed in Iowa, for God’s sake! Lot’s of people think releasing the pictures of torture would let us regain our moral perspective and the respect of the world.

I like the word "militart", sounds like Obama's has a squad of dominatrices with whips and leather advising him on the mili-tart's view of military strategy.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

I love Bill Maher and Obama is just a clown to me.

Everyone, everywhere, started riding Obama's dick before he's done any good. Now he's on Jay Leno making fun of retards and trying to get a spot in the NBA ALL STAR GAME. Once I see that he can do something good for this country (which I haven't seen) then I will appreciate the guy.
    All these people that like him just because it's not a white president are just fools. I would see people all the time saying " I bet you mad we got a nigga fo' president now huh? " I would reply back like No actually he's not a nigga he's a decent guy and I'm fine with him being president. All of these people who voted and happy just because of his skin color that's all real sad to me. I'm not saying that about anyone here I'm just saying in the real world there's some real fools.

Go Bill Maher! Legalize Marijuana OBAMA!!
    He knows it's the right thing to do but he's just like the rest of 'em.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream
    I love Bill Maher and Obama is just a clown to me.

Everyone, everywhere, started riding Obama's dick before he's done any good. Now he's on Jay Leno making fun of retards and trying to get a spot in the NBA ALL STAR GAME. Once I see that he can do something good for this country (which I haven't seen) then I will appreciate the guy.
    All these people that like him just because it's not a white president are just fools. I would see people all the time saying " I bet you mad we got a nigga fo' president now huh? " I would reply back like No actually he's not a nigga he's a decent guy and I'm fine with him being president. All of these people who voted and happy just because of his skin color that's all real sad to me. I'm not saying that about anyone here I'm just saying in the real world there's some real fools.

Go Bill Maher! Legalize Marijuana OBAMA!!
    He knows it's the right thing to do but he's just like the rest of 'em.
    That's ummm, very enlightening. I think it's time you take another hit from the bong and grace us with some more incredible insight.

Junior Poster

I don't smoke because it's illegal but thanks anyway.

Rookie Poster

Obama's teleprompter fell down today good thing he had another or he'd have to do an impromptu puppet show.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    But don't you think it should be done in a fiscally prudent manner?
    It should be done in a manner commensurate with the problem. Most economists were anxious that the stimulus might too small to overcome the inertia of a large stagnant economy. See the Krugmann article.

And much of this so-called stimulus money that was promised to get things moving quickly won't even spent for years.
    No one made any promises about the recovery being quick. Though I do criticize the administration and the states for not having done enough homework to spend the stimulus in a timely fashion.

how in the hell do we know what this stimulus money is being spent on?
    The government has a website the lists all the current uses and expenditures of the stimulus. Do a google search. Though I do still criticize government transparency in other areas.

Yes, I understand some far lefties think he should keep his promise about bringing troops home. And many gay/lesbian people don't think Obama's not doing enough. And of course, Nancy Pelosi wants Obama to release the so-called torture pictures to help her reelection bid and so far Obama is listening to his militart advisors.
    Sorry to break it to you, but these aren’t far lefties. McCain wanted to see us out of Iraq are early as possible. Gay rights is fast becoming as American as apple pie. Same sex marriage was passed in Iowa, for God’s sake! Lot’s of people think releasing the pictures of torture would let us regain our moral perspective and the respect of the world.

I like the word "militart", sounds like Obama's has a squad of dominatrices with whips and leather advising him on the mili-tart's view of military strategy.
    Here is a good link to show the earmarks attached to the omnibus spending bill. One reason people are sensitive to overall spending is shit like this. Congress has lost credibility because of spending like this, so even beneficial spending gets lumped as bad. President Obama should have vetoed the spending bill right away and told them to clean this shit up, but hey, what the hell, spend some more, right? Check out line 110, the continuation of the 24 year, 95 million dollar wood utilization project. Wanna learn how to use wood? Come to HA and learn for free.

http://www.taxpayer.net/user_uploads...arks%20v.5.xls

I propose two changes in our legislative process: 1) term limits, absolutely. Get the career politicians out and make it harder for lobbyists to get Congressional members in their pockets. 2) eliminate earmarks. If it doesn't merit it's own vote, fuck it. And don't give me the argument the House and Senate members don't have the time to hear everything. Too busy, fuck off and get to work. Don't like your hours, go back to private sector.

"I gotta go lift"

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

hi bigfreddy from Mudville.
    I agree with you on earmarks. (BTW, next to Alaska, southern conservative states have always dipped into the Federal coffers with the biggest ladles.) I also agree, at least in part, with the requirement that House and Senate members read the bills upon which they vote. The proviso is of course that the bills be submitted within a time frame that allows for thorough examination.

I disagree with you on the term limits. I'm for them for most political positions, especially the presidency. But some legislative committees require experienced and seasoned membership. I wouldn't like to see the appropriations committee, for an example, headed and peopled entirely by freshmen, or even congressmen that have only been around for under eight years.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfreddy
    I propose two changes in our legislative process: 1) term limits, absolutely. Get the career politicians out and make it harder for lobbyists to get Congressional members in their pockets. 2) eliminate earmarks. If it doesn't merit it's own vote, fuck it. And don't give me the argument the House and Senate members don't have the time to hear everything. Too busy, fuck off and get to work. Don't like your hours, go back to private sector.
    You hit the nail on the head. Especially with term limits. The corruption in congress will never have a chance of ending without those term limits.

Junior Poster

More people in the world who have no idea what a liberal is. It's funny, really....

If anyone would care to take a look at how Obama usually voted in the senate, he is pretty much a Hamiltonian Republican when it comes to fiscal matters.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle

Where are the jobs Obama promised? We've passed his stimulus plan and the jobs he promised in the time frame he promised are non-existent. Obama either outright lied about lowering unemployment or he's incompetent.
    The stimulus plan was too small. Many progressive economists pointed this out at the time. If you want to finger one man I wouldn't go straight for Obama but rather I'd point the finger at Larry Summers. Obama should fire Larry Summers imo... Summers has never been anything but incompetent.

If Obama could just push thru single payer healthcare then I'd call his presidency sucessfull. Failing that he's in for a rough ride because he's shown very little ability to provide hope and change in other area's.

In the past Obama has said that he supports single payer healthcare but lately he's gotten wobbly on the subject. He needs to stand strong against the health insurance lobby or he's gonna go down as Jimmy Carter part II.