Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Silver Poster

I suspect I have quite a few that have been waiting for me to answer for my "transgressions" here.

First, let me quantify, I am talking about the state of CALIFORNIA only. I can't speak for any other states, rather, I don't want to.

If my memory serves, California, voted in favor of Proposition 22 in 2000. Back then I was actually surprised that California would do that, considering California is looked upon as the most liberal state in the country.

But low and behold, another ballot initiative turned up in Nov. 2008. I honestly felt the will of the people was not being held nor respected. And this time, the whole ballot proposal was in reverse, where basically, No meant yes, and yes meant no. I do feel it was purposely written that way in order to get in there in the first place, and also to confuse the voters.

I have to go, but I'll be back, but in a nutshell, this is my first reason as to why I did not support gay marriage in Nov 2008.

I'll hit back on the other(s)

Junior Poster

P.S. Danielle i love your avatar

....black rain falls indoors and outside

You like to upset people. I think marriage is bullshit, but I still think I should have the right to marry my girlfriend should I change my mind.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Gee life is complicated isn't it. Sometimes you have read and understand a ballot. But regardless of those complexities, basic human rights should not be up to the majority. Nevertheless, sometimes they are and when that happens I would recommend casting your vote for the right, not against it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    I suspect I have quite a few that have been waiting for me to answer for my "transgressions" here.

First, let me quantify, I am talking about the state of CALIFORNIA only. I can't speak for any other states, rather, I don't want to.

If my memory serves, California, voted in favor of Proposition 22 in 2000. Back then I was actually surprised that California would do that, considering California is looked upon as the most liberal state in the country.

But low and behold, another ballot initiative turned up in Nov. 2008. I honestly felt the will of the people was not being held nor respected. And this time, the whole ballot proposal was in reverse, where basically, No meant yes, and yes meant no. I do feel it was purposely written that way in order to get in there in the first place, and also to confuse the voters.

I have to go, but I'll be back, but in a nutshell, this is my first reason as to why I did not support gay marriage in Nov 2008.

I'll hit back on the other(s)
    I think you posted this thread for attention,you attention whores are pathetic.

Junior Poster

i understand the whole equal rights for gays movement thingy... but if u really wanna get married that bad... buy a big ass cake....have some friends and family come through with some liquor and food....slap a ring on each other's finger.... create your own marriage license in ms publisher or adobe indesign.... sign that shit, hang it up on the wall, and call it a day

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hotvegasguy26
    i understand the whole equal rights for gays movement thingy... but if u really wanna get married that bad... buy a big ass cake....have some friends and family come through with some liquor and food....slap a ring on each other's finger.... create your own marriage license in ms publisher or adobe indesign.... sign that shit, hang it up on the wall, and call it a day
    Cuz they'll lose out on other privileges that comes with being married. Like hospital visits and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Foxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhill
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

how quickly some of u forget i suppose
    Here...let me remind them...
    Not all black men are against gay marriage, but making a post like this would piss any black person off. Gay marriage supporter or not

Ammmmmm why does it piss you off? Because it reminds you of your past? Babe... your past is long gone, with a few minor altercations, minor compared to what went on prior to the civil war. We trans and Gays are living it right now. Does the case of the teenage TS Gwen remind you of what used to happen to people of darker skin heritage?

She was brutally beaten by 3 guys and buried in a shallow grave.

How about Mathew Sheppard? He was beaten and left to die tied to a fence in the desert.

Stuff like this happens to us on a regular basis - just for being born different.

Prop 8 is an extension of that hate!
    While I agree with the point made by Ms. Foxx I, a black man, who supports Gay and "Opposite" marriage cannot concede that the oppression of Black people is in the"past". If you are gay, bi, trans or lesbian you can hide your true self from a world that may not accept you. If you're black and you walk into the wrong neighborhood you, at the very least, may be made to feel like you are despoiling the comity of the community. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Strangers In The Night, Exchanging Clothing, Strangers In My Pants..."

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rameses2
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

how quickly some of u forget i suppose
    Here...let me remind them...
    Not all black men are against gay marriage, but making a post like this would piss any black person off. Gay marriage supporter or not

Ammmmmm why does it piss you off? Because it reminds you of your past? Babe... your past is long gone, with a few minor altercations, minor compared to what went on prior to the civil war. We trans and Gays are living it right now. Does the case of the teenage TS Gwen remind you of what used to happen to people of darker skin heritage?

She was brutally beaten by 3 guys and buried in a shallow grave.

How about Mathew Sheppard? He was beaten and left to die tied to a fence in the desert.

Stuff like this happens to us on a regular basis - just for being born different.

Prop 8 is an extension of that hate!
    While I agree with the point made by Ms. Foxx I, a black man, who supports Gay and "Opposite" marriage cannot concede that the oppression of Black people is in the"past". If you are gay, bi, trans or lesbian you can hide your true self from a world that may not accept you. If you're black and you walk into the wrong neighborhood you, at the very least, may be made to feel like you are despoiling the comity of the community. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Why would they want to hide, if you can't be yourself whats the point?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hotvegasguy26
    Cuz they'll lose out on other privileges that comes with being married. Like hospital visits and all that good stuff.
    i understand....but last time i checked gay people still qualified for health insurance