Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unctrld1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Foxx
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeurblood
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

how quickly some of u forget i suppose
    hey y'all. black guy here

Im quoting you because this was a major issue in black churches in DC. now idont go to church and generally hate god and religion but it makes no sense for the black community to exculde marriage rights to gays because of their stupid religious beliefs. hey 50 years ago in the south the kkk justified hanging and lynching blacks because god wants usto live seperatly. hell i dont even like marriage. but who would you deny that right to anyone else who chooses to live a happy life with someone they love. i would rather see a billion fags get married, than to have one more immigrant marry for a green card. infact i thinkits stupid that the whole gay marriage thing is even being contested in a court or decided by lawmakers, who dont believe what i do like personally i thinkfat people should have to pay for an extra seat onthe metro if theycant fitinto the one, but im not out bringing that to a vote or activly trying to establish that law. hey being a fatass is their life choice and obviously pizza and burritos make them happy. sorry boutthe misspellings ya'll but thats from the soul
    WAYYY TO GOOOOOOOO! So well said and represented. Thank you for your words. Much love to you.
    Hey . . . another Black man here. I personally do not care who decides to get married, nor do I care what gender the people happen to be. As a person familiar with the Domestic Relations Law of New York State, and the laws that govern marriage in general throughout the country I can say with confidence that ANY man considering marriage should seek professional help.

I disagree with "Gimme's" comment that " it makes no sense for the black community to exculde marriage rights to gays because of their stupid religious beliefs." The Black [please capitalize the "b" when referring to race - I know it's not Grammatically correct, but it feels better] community has NO power to exclude anything. If we could exclude someone's rights, we would exclude streetgangs, drug dealers, mortgage banks that redline our communities, and corrupt police and courts. The Black community has no power to exclude. In fact, I would argue that the term "Black community" is an oxymoron. We are not a homogeneous group. As I sit here writing this the house to my left has Jamaican Blacks, the house to my right has Panamanian Blacks. The so-called Black community should be called the Black diaspora because we were disbursed throughout the world for the profit of others against our will.

Please remember, when Black people reached their final destinations we were robbed of our names, languages, religions, culture, and folkways. All that was replaced by something foreign for the benefit of our captors. Although the physical bondage is over, the chains remain on our brains. What outsiders see in the so-called Black community is a reflection of what we were taught by our captors.

My people suffer from a lack of knowledge of themselves. When we get that knowledge, then a proper assessment can be made as to what the "Black community" thinks.

Uhuru!
    I could not even imagine how it must have been going through such painful experiences such as slavery.

I complain so much about someone being rude to me on the street or online however when I imagine the horrible treatment humans have endured such as slavery and the holocaust I tend to feel very empty inside.

I am part german and I hope that I have no hateful blood flowing through my vains.

Hate is bad - but hate in the name of religion should be a mortal sin. Based on facts and not fictional characters who walked on water and parted ocean waters.

How dare someone tell me who I should share my life commitments with? HA!

Mean People suck... Good people Swallow

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    ps: HA is not the place to look for love, I'm sure you know that, just wanted to remind you.
    WHAT?! You mean you're all just wasting my time?!!

Veteran Poster

[quote="unctrld1"][quote="Danielle Foxx"]
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeurblood
    i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

how quickly some of u forget i suppose

Please remember, when Black people reached their final destinations we were robbed of our names, languages, religions, culture, and folkways. All that was replaced by something foreign for the benefit of our captors. Although the physical bondage is over, the chains remain on our brains. What outsiders see in the so-called Black community is a reflection of what we were taught by our captors.

My people suffer from a lack of knowledge of themselves. When we get that knowledge, then a proper assessment can be made as to what the "Black community" thinks.
    Uhuru!
    Irrelevant when it comes to political issues. You are at the poles getting ready to cast your vote about issues that will affect u tomorrow and you think that bringing up the struggle for civil rights excludes you from exercising your civil rights. These votes are supposed to be based on a representative sample of the state. So if you don't vote based on your individual issues and needs, your wasting democracy. I don't care what color u are.

No, nope, never, maybe

Veteran Poster

[quote="Danielle Foxx"][quote="unctrld1"][quote="Danielle Foxx"][quote="gimmeurblood"]

I could not even imagine how it must have been going through such painful experiences such as slavery.

I complain so much about someone being rude to me on the street or online however when I imagine the horrible treatment humans have endured such as slavery and the holocaust I tend to feel very empty inside.

I am part german and I hope that I have no hateful blood flowing through my vains.

Hate is bad - but hate in the name of religion should be a mortal sin. Based on facts and not fictional characters who walked on water and parted ocean waters.

How dare someone tell me who I should share my life commitments with? HA!

Mean People suck... Good people Swallow
    But that's the whole point of democracy. If 7 out of 10 people think same sex marriages should be banned, than according to the state of California's democratic process that it will be banned. Now if a state law is in question, than it goes to the Supreme Court, who will decide if the law is unconstitutional or not. But you cant blame the people for speaking.

No, nope, never, maybe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

That is not the point of a constitutional republic which is the form of government our founding fathers instituted. Inalienable rights, should not in theory, be left to the discretion of the majority. The right to consensual marriage should be given the same protections as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This was eventually found to be so in the case of slave marriages, the case in interracial marriages and it will, like it or not, eventually be so in the case of same sex marriages.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    That is not the point of a constitutional republic which is the form of government our founding fathers instituted. Inalienable rights, should not in theory, be left to the discretion of the majority. The right to consensual marriage should be given the same protections as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This was eventually found to be so in the case of slave marriages, the case in interracial marriages and it will, like it or not, eventually be so in the case of same sex marriages.
    Constitutional laws are federal, this is a state issue (at the moment). State laws don't always run parallel with constitutional laws. Ask Plaxico Burress about the right to bear arms, except in the state of NY.

No, nope, never, maybe

Moreover, You can blame people for not having the wisdom or the compassion to see that one should have no veto on another's right to marry.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Moreover, You can blame people for not having the wisdom or the compassion to see that one should have no veto on another's right to marry.
    Ironically, when we blame the intelligence of society as the reason for errors in the democratic process, it shows that we don't really believe in a democratic process.

No, nope, never, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by deee757
    But that's the whole point of democracy. If 7 out of 10 people think same sex marriages should be banned, than according to the state of California's democratic process that it will be banned. Now if a state law is in question, than it goes to the Supreme Court, who will decide if the law is unconstitutional or not. But you cant blame the people for speaking.
    You can't honestly believe that, can you?

The whole reason why we don't and never had democracy on a federal level was because democracy is a pile of excrement where those in the majority can do whatever the hell they want to the minority with nothing more than their population size supremacy to explain their actions. There is no requirement of having any logical justification, or coherent argument behind said regulations- it simply happens because people vote on it and make it happen. Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. It doesn't work, its never worked, and the founding fathers hated democracy more then they did monarchical tyranny. Sadly CA's founding politicians showed a blatant unfamiliarity with The Federalist and did not heed to any of the founding fathers' warnings on government design and simply gave the masses political liberties that they should never, ever be trusted with in the first place.

The right to vote and the right to free speech doesn't give someone or some organization a blank check to do & say whatever they want without there being consequences for those actions. Suppose my next door neighbor is a white supremacist, sure he has his right to political speech and political assembly. He could even hold clan meetings next door to me if doing so does not violate building code laws applicable to our city.... but if it pisses me off (which it would) then I am free to criticize him for it.

I'm free to publicly disagree with him for it, I'm free to refuse to buy goods or services he sells at his family operated business, I am free to see him as a pathetic waste of genetic material & natural resources, I am free to call him out on his ignorance in social settings so every where he goes in public people will know how much of an unenlightened asshat he is, I an free to set up websites alerting to those all over the globe to his views & actions. Employers noticing these actions are free to refuse to hire him, if he is a contractor private companies are free to go to a competitor instead of giving a white supremacist their business. In the end there ARE consequences, that's why when that Sacramento radio station recently had three DJ's ranting on the air about how they thought transgendered children should be beaten by their families for being trans, the reaction was the immediate withdraw of virtually all the show's commercial advertisers/sponsors, ruining the station's only true source of income and forcing them to either recant (to get the sponsors back) or go off the air. In the end they chose the former.

If people don't want to be blamed for their actions & statements, if people don't want to be called out for what they've said- then they should just keep their mouths shut and refuse to get involved. But clinging to the fact that they have a right to vote, a right to free speech, and a right to assembly is a fundamentally flawed argument that holds zero water when taking note that everyone else has the same abilities to use the same liberties for their own countering agendas.

This is why in Federalist #10, James Madison wrote that there are only two ways to counter the effects of a malicious majority faction; limiting freedoms until said faction disappears, or allowing everyone else to be free to disagree knowing eventually, at some point, the truth & liberty will win out. As he put it, the former is akin to putting out a house fire by removing all the oxygen. It would extinguish the fire, at the cost of the lives of everyone inside the building who need oxygen to live.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Why is that ironic? We don't and never did believe in a totally democratic process. That's why we're a constitutional, democratic republic. Clearly not everything can be left all the time to the discretion of the majority.

Default Re: I Want to confess right now...I DO NOT support Gay Marri

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    On Nov.,

I did NOT vote in favor of Gay Marriage.

I wasn't a supporter then, I wasn't a supporter before that, I'm not a supporter now........

Come tomorrow, or next month, or next year, I still will not be a supporter and I will vote the same, GOD BLESS CALIFORNIA, DAMIT.
    God Bless Ignorance!