Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SweedFish21
    Not really sure why people get so mad over the ban of gay marriage. If it's a known fact,popular belief,tradition,etc that the institute of marriage was created for a man and a women why should we all of the sudden change it? I just think that if no physical,mental,financial harm is done to a group of people than there is no need for such a cultural change.
    Agreed.

And in this case, it is extremely easy to show that harm IS being done.

Couples who cannot marry run into problems when it comes to stuff like visiting the other when one is hospitalized.

If a gay couple gets into a bad car accident, and one is fatally injured and laying on their death bed in a hospital, they cannot say goodbye to each other because they cannot be legally married.

That's blatantly harmful, unnecessary, and purposeless.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

And it's just sad and wrong. Would it really de-value marriage if gay people could legally wed?

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly
    And it's just sad and wrong. Would it really de-value marriage if gay people could legally wed?
    Even if it did, it wouldn't matter.

What matters is people are being needlessly harmed, and we have the means to rectify that problem. So doing so is a no-brainer.

Things change, that's what progress and history are all about- its natural, its normal, and its not always a bad thing.

Needlessly making people suffer on the other hand, is benefit less, and contemptible. There are no redeeming qualities in preventing nonbelievers from marrying the same sex in the name of religious norms.

Rookie Poster

there is a simple solution to this nightmare, the gov doesnt recognize any marriage, only civil unions, same benefits same rights. end of argument

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

I agree completely Sarah.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SweedFish21
    Not really sure why people get so mad over the ban of gay marriage. If it's a known fact,popular belief,tradition,etc that the institute of marriage was created for a man and a women why should we all of the sudden change it? I just think that if no physical,mental,financial harm is done to a group of people than there is no need for such a cultural change.
    Yes, it was originally made between a man and a woman. It was originally a form of PROPERTY OWNERSHIP where a man essentially bought his wife as property from her father (or in some other civilizations, the father sold his daughter to a man who could support her - this is where a 'dowry' comes from). That's why a contract had to be made over it, get it?

Now, we wouldn't want to change that now, now would we?

What other countries allow gay marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

This thread proves Im correct in most of what I write.
    Im trying to be nicer to people but its so fucking hard when you have fuckery going on like in this thread.
    When prop 8 passed(I voted NO!) I said the reason why it passed was because of prejudice ass black people....and I was 100 percent right.
    The first person objecting was my Bay Area brother Armanix or whatever his name is.
    I SAID.....Why are black people voting to deny people the right to vote when 70% of them have children out of wedlock(that number HAS to be low).
    I SAID it was IRONIC that 70% of the blacks of california that voted YES ON PROP 8 should be ashamed of themselves since blacks generally have children first and if they MARRY AT ALL its much later.
    I WAS NOT WRONG.
    I was outraged especially considering the long history of blacks absence at the voting polls.
    I SAID this vote was FUCKERY AND FOOLERY.
    And I was right!
    Now you have this individual and I dont hate him at all who says he doesnt support gay marriage although it is well known that he bottoms for many a tranny.
    FUCKERY AND TOM FOOLERY at its highest level!

Look
    Everyone who comes to this website(including me) has to have some basic inclination towards gay sex......
    I have never done anything like that but when I look at a tranny I KNOW THERES A DICK DOWN THERE AND I DONT RUN..........
    So.
    Lets not get it twisted.
    We all have some affinity towards this lifestyle and to vote against gay marriage is the ultimate sign of self hate.
    Thats my opinion.....I know some of you hate it I know most of you hate me but fuck you and the horse you rode in on cause I am going to tell it like it is.

Once again.
    I dont hate the gentleman that started this thread he is kinda cool actually
    but his life IS NOT FUCKING RIGHT.
    And the rest of you who said a bunch of stupid shit the same to you.
    Hate is hate.
    Discrimination is Discrimination.

We are talking about peoples lives here....this isnt a FUCKING game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69

Could you have posted any larger of a google logo pic?