Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not that this has anything to do with billy mays, but this might be the worst infomercial ever:

the..... tiddy bear? wtf.

the whole "invention" is based on a 6 inch piece of fabric that has two snaps on it which attach to a stuffed animal bear. that's it. 6 inches of fabric with two snaps. and they're probably millionaires. the stupidity of this just makes me sick.

Junior Poster

I bet that Billy Mays' own mom and dad either change the channel or hit the mute button when he comes on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	our_son_701.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	245886  

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Anybody see Billy Mays on Conan tonight? Conan broke out the ShamWow.

The guy is awesome. I can't help but buy all the stuff he pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet
    Anybody see Billy Mays on Conan tonight? Conan broke out the ShamWow.
    funny as shit
    Conan's the man

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Jupiter Jack ? Thats the new lube for jacking off right. " Thanks to Jupiter Jack , Now i shoot to the moon ! "

Junior Poster

While on a flight from Chicago to Tacoma last week I read a article about Billy Mays in one of the airline mags. Had he not left West Virginia after a year (where he was a LB on the football team) he never would have ended up doing this. A friend of his from high school saw him in a bar one night and asked him to sell stuff on the street with him. Then it took off from there.

Useless trivia.

Theres 2 other guys that drive me crazy.
    That tradue guy.....I can remember his name.....his a crook and a liar and you can see it in his eyes....
    Thats whats so maddening about him.
    And the guy that sells "THE GREATEST VITAMIN IN THE WORLD"....he is always shouting and his hands are flailing all over the place.

Those 2 are the worst!

Junior Poster

I gotta say I admire Billy.. he found a niche and used it to his advantage.Now he is raking the bucks!

I love Gatherings,but hate people- Randell from clerks

Veteran Poster

Love him or hate him, he's walking to the bank laughing all the way. Personally, I can't stand to hear his voice and hit the mute, but apparently his schtick is very effective when his adverts cause products to jump over 100% in sales in the first q. Beats me why anyone would respond to his agressive and enthusiastic pitch unless they are in a tv induced couch potato trance and he's using trigger words that induce them to buy the product. Going from a boardwalk peddler to owning a home worth near 2M just because he changed his shirt to blue and adopted the beard using his street pitch is amazing...or an indictment on how guilliable the American public is. Can you imagine someone acting like this in person in your face? Dental lacerations on your knuckles?