Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Are ladyboys granted access to a battered women's shelter?

My sister answered a call yesterday of a domestic disturbance. Someone's boyfriend got liquored up and beat the crap out of his TS girlfriend last night. She was scared to go home etc...

So is that common, at least in the big cities? Or do they have to go to a gay men's shelter? I know there's one in San Francisco and LA.

We should have a Surge into Brazil and Thailand for their supply of Tgirls

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

if not they should be

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

She would be way better off staying with friends than a shelter. It's not safe for tg's to stay there with the homeless and druggies.

My 2cents.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Default Re: Are ladyboys granted access to a battered women's shelte

Quote Originally Posted by TommyFoxtrot
    My sister answered a call yesterday of a domestic disturbance. Someone's boyfriend got liquored up and beat the crap out of his TS girlfriend last night. She was scared to go home etc...

So is that common, at least in the big cities? Or do they have to go to a gay men's shelter? I know there's one in San Francisco and LA.
    When it comes to domestic violence victims or sexual assault/rape victims, most cities only have places for GG's to go to.

But, some larger cities do have lgb oriented shelters. Some are also trans friendly, but a lot aren't.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

She may be able to get away with going there if she is 100% passable.

Veteran Poster

Due to my job I have a lot of contact with womens refuges and I know for a fact they would not let a TS stay in one as it was brought up when I went on an awareness course on domestic violence.They even don't allow boys over a certain age at least in the number I have dealings with on a professional basis. The womens refuges at least in my area are very well run and provide real support for the women and their children.There is a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol are a very safe environment.

It would be a real headache for me if I came across this situation and felt the TS's life was at serious risk. I know the reasoning they have for this but I don't want to say as it would probably upset the easily offended brigade on here. But I would just say I don't agree with their views which I think are oldfashioned. Perhaps there are more options on the states for people in more diverse situations.

It's a real problem here in the UK as there is a shortage of places for battered men to go. And it isn't just GG who are in abusive relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie666
    Due to my job I have a lot of contact with womens refuges and I know for a fact they would not let a TS stay in one as it was brought up when I went on an awareness course on domestic violence.They even don't allow boys over a certain age at least in the number I have dealings with on a professional basis. The womens refuges at least in my area are very well run and provide real support for the women and their children.There is a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol are a very safe environment.

It would be a real headache for me if I came across this situation and felt the TS's life was at serious risk. I know the reasoning they have for this but I don't want to say as it would probably upset the easily offended brigade on here. But I would just say I don't agree with their views which I think are oldfashioned. Perhaps there are more options on the states for people in more diverse situations.

It's a real problem here in the UK as there is a shortage of places for battered men to go. And it isn't just GG who are in abusive relationships.

People only seem to care about GG victims when it comes to stuff like this. The services that exist are simply pathetic more often then not whenever we're talking about other victims.

I am kinda surprised that they weren't willing to entertain passable postops however. I think when push comes to shove, the argument victim services catering to GGs will make is often "these women were abused, therefore they won't feel safe if anyone on the property who has reached puberty has a dick."

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

Very simple solution, call the police and have him arrested for assault. Press charges!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

People only seem to care about GG victims when it comes to stuff like this. The services that exist are simply pathetic more often then not whenever we're talking about other victims.

I am kinda surprised that they weren't willing to entertain passable postops however. I think when push comes to shove, the argument victim services catering to GGs will make is often "these women were abused, therefore they won't feel safe if anyone on the property who has reached puberty has a dick."
    Do they do a backround check or something? Alot of transwomen who are post op could fit under their radar...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

People only seem to care about GG victims when it comes to stuff like this.
    The services that exist are simply pathetic more often then not whenever we're talking about other victims.

A lot of this is to do with the demographic-- there is no question that the largest number of people who need this kind of help are natal women--and the way these services came into being, usually as a result of initiatives by natal women, often those who had suffered themselves.

Men do suffer from domestic violence but there are far fewer reported cases; though reluctance to accept what is going on and seek help may be a contributor, this is probably marginal.

Women's shelters do not discriminate on orientation, so natal women are accepted whether their abuser is male or female.

All this leaves a problem with transsexual women, further complicated, in UK, by the Gender Recognition Act 2004, which, basically, gives a transwoman legal status as a woman; it is illegal to disclose the history of a woman (or man) who has registered under the Act, or to discriminate against her on the grounds of her gender status.

Since it is not actually necessary for an individual to have had GRS to qualify for registration, I would have thought that this puts the women's shelters in an interesting legal position, in that turning a registered transwoman away would appear to leave them open to legal action, particularly if the woman then came to harm. (And of course, what happens with a pre-operative transMAN, who is registered--still having female genitalia but being, presenting as and legally registered as a man?)

Arnie, do you have any info on this? Has it happened in any shelters you know of? Have the local authorities in your area given this scenario any consideration, and if so with what result? I would appreciate any references you might be able to give, please feel free to PM me if you want.