Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    Thanks Brenda, I hadn't come across this site before.

Make your voice count - free Aung San Suu Kyi

5 Star Poster

No problem.

I find it disappointing that more news agencies aren't lerry of this set up.

A "stolen" election in Iran. A color coded revolution, like so many other we know now CIA planned revolutions, key government cites bombed.... It's just all soo convenient.

Then there is the Illusory freedom and democracy that the people are protesting for. Freedom and democracy signified by voting for their candidate who like Amdenijad was approved by the Guardian Council as "acceptable".... the same people who could have the power to falsify some vote totals. But then we are told that the chairman of the Guardian Council is a supporter of Mousavi? So why would he falsify a vote out of Mousavi's favor? It makes no sense.

Junior Poster

No problem.

A "stolen" election in Iran. A color coded revolution, like so many other we know now CIA planned revolutions, key government cites bombed.... It's just all soo convenient.

Then there is the Illusory freedom and democracy that the people are protesting for. Freedom and democracy signified by voting for their candidate who like Amdenijad was approved by the Guardian Council as "acceptable".... the same people who could have the power to falsify some vote totals. But then we are told that the chairman of the Guardian Council is a supporter of Mousavi? So why would he falsify a vote out of Mousavi's favor? It makes no sense.
    I think we've overblown this. Apparently this is only occuring in Tehran and one or two other cities. It's mostly the elite and college students protesting who see Ahmedinjehad as dangerous but also an embarassment, a Sarah Palin figure. Now we have all this hubbub and CNN's coverage being followed by a group called United Against Iran saying we need more economic sanctions.

Even the Mossad chief has said the protests are overblown and will be done soon.

We should have a Surge into Brazil and Thailand for their supply of Tgirls

Veteran Poster

No problem.

Well, I don't think it's really an electoral crisis - it's been rapidly escalated to a constitutional crisis. Let's be real, the 3 main participants in this whole electoral debate (Armadinejad, Mousavi and Rafsanjani) have all had their crack at being president. It certainly seems to be an external influence causing the current situation.

I don't think there's ever been enough accurate information about Iran to develop any conclusions as to what's really going on. That's always the problem with creating enemies & cutting off ties. I don't think the Iranians know what's happening, really. Everybody's just winging it.

This looks like the '79 revolution, but I don't know how illusory that is. I don't remember '79 being this factional. The Basij has added a whole new dimension. Seems like they're the ones doing the killing. They're not military or police. They're amateurs. Giving them carte blanche to "help" with crowd control reminds me of Altemont. I'm sure the Angels would laugh at their bikes though. It seems as though this militia is fast becoming the target themselves. They're being tracked to their homes the same way they were tracking the protesters, but I'm not sure where it's going from there. This is liable to get a lot uglier.

Gonna be a long hot summer in Iran.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    I don't think we're getting a true story here. Everybody seems to have an agenda, including the press. There's something wrong with the picture I'm seeing. I just can't quite put my finger on it yet.
    Yeah, the sudden spike in Iran coverage is spooky. US media coverage of the 3rd world is usually non-existant unless we are preparing to drop bombs on the given country.

Kissinger recently stated that we should seek regime change in Iran if it's leadership doesn't represent the will of the people. The statement is in a BBC interview on youtube. Parse that however you want, I think it means that if Iran doesn't play ball on Iraq and energy policy then we are going to overthrow thier political system.

As for our media getting the details wrong on Iran, Ayatollah Khomeini was Time's man of the year for 1979 if that's any indication.

Veteran Poster

The issue has never really been about the election, just using that as a means to position Rafsanjani. I understand that there's a saying in Iran: "Rafsanjani's is only interested in Rafsanjani". One of the richest men in the world (accoring to Forbes) he's creamed the Iranian economy for many years. Certainly, this article in the UK Telegraph describes the character of the person who is apparently promoting democracyhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...he-regime.html. Yeah, right!

This http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/200...ethinking_iran highlights the increased tensions vis-a-vis Iran and Israel/USA.

Junior Poster

Default Re: The Iranian Election

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Iran's pro-democracy Twitter: http://twitter.com/persiankiwi
    Perfect example of why I can't take the western media hype seriously. How can you have a twitter revolution in a country where 90% of the public are dirt poor(hint: no phone to tweet).

As far as I can tell both candidates are sane men. There's no reason to interfere in Iran's internal affairs.