Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEFALLL666
    I was just stating that without direct sources you can be accurate.
    I agree. If I drop a tape measure off my boat, I do not need to refer to Newton to know that I am now fucked because I will have to go to the shop to get another one.

I do have a long-standing and pretty visceral dispute with people who use academic proof without referring back to observable phenomena, stemming possibly from my schooldays, which is what I was musing about. I wasn't accusing you of doing it, I was more struck by the analogy you drew.
    Maybee its just having a Particle Physicist as a father but I take allot of what I read with a gallon of salt and a kilo of common sense..

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

Junior Poster

Education is the best road to prevention!
    Learn the Facts, forget the myths!

My brother thought that HIV_AIDS was a LGTB disease mostly!
    "condoms are for fags, I only fuck women, and they're all healthy looking"

He died in 2005 of AIDS complications, didn't even know he had contracted HIV until late 2004 when he was taken to hospital cuz of pneumonia and got all types of tests including hiv test! Last time I saw him, he asked me to teach his kids about the facts of HIV-AIDS to educate them on it! He died on May 2005.
    That is one of the reasons I produced the ad you see on my signature here...the youtube link...

It's 2009 come on let's be real and educated!

Veteran Poster

Sorry to hear that Marilyn, and a good point to ad there.

HIV effects one race of people - the human race...

'We Are, Marshall... Almost home...'

Let's not forget David Icke also believes Lizard People are in cahoots with the illumanati to control the world

white people

Senior Member Veteran Poster

No need for Thabo Mbekish conspiracies...please

Veteran Poster

When all's said and done, the human race can survive without new drugs...the pharmacutical industry cannot.

So just how ethical and correct are Big Pharma CEO's and doctors?
    http://www.naturalnews.com/025833_Bi...er_Bextra.html

Sure makes you wonder.

Make your voice count - free Aung San Suu Kyi

Quote Originally Posted by FREEFALLL666
    I was just stating that without direct sources you can be accurate. For instance
    I wasn't trying to say otherwise. All I'm saying is that if a person is trying to make an argument that attempts to convince and educate people, simply making claims isn't going to cut it. The claims and supposed facts are conflicting on either side so it is imperative that both sides have the sources to back up their claims otherwise the person has no foundation for their argument and leaves it wide open for scrutiny and skepticism.

Those who anger you control you

I Love music, any kind of music ~ The O'Jays

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sugdaddie69
    Interesting,all of this is very interesting.You can't go in a doctors office an not see everything sponored by some pharmaceutical company.
    Calenders,pens,clip boards,note pads.You can't turn on the TV without some new pill for WHATEVER
    ails you.This country hasn't cured shit in decades.
    The money made off alot of these diseases is
    staggering,as is the cost of medication.Alot of people,make alot of money,by not having a cure for alot of diseases.
    The thing is what do you do? if you have a headach do you tough it out or take an asprin?

some drugs do make you feel better some are not needed the problem is knowing which ones to take or not take be informed before you take something ask your doctor they are given money by the drug companies but most really do want to help their patients.
    the big picture here is be informed! dont listen to hearsay get more then one opinion!

Just trying to make my way in this world and have some fun along the way... want to join me?