Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TV is good for oldsters. It puts them to sleep without the dangerous side affects that drugs have.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Idiots!

I had my converter box back in April; no problems so far. The rest of the house has good ol' digital cable. Not that I watch much television anyway.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel
    Who's dumber, the folks who didn't get the memo that the TV broadcast standard was switching exclusivley to digital, or all the dumb fucks ( like ME!!!), who allowed the cable and television manufacturers, in collaboration with the FCC, to force everyone to abandon the analog TV signal and buy cable TV subscriptions?

The FCC made this decision beehind closed doors without any input from Congress whatsoever!!

So who do think is getting paid off this deal; big business or the American consumer??

Stay tuned, radio is coming up next....

U.S. citizens are getting raped on the daily!!!
    Huh? This has been in the works for over a decade. There's been a couple of 2 year delays on the transition that I know of. Every TV station in the US has been transmitting digital for the last year & a half at full power. A lot of them were running low power for over a year before that just to get into compliance. All that happened on Friday is that analog went off the air. Everything got pushed up to the high end of the UHF band.

I'm on cable, so I haven't checked the converters. But it's what, $40 for a box that goes between the loop antenna & the TV? The only reason people are getting gigged on this is because the retailers won't stock anything but HD flat screens. They're not necessary at all. & nobody's being forced to go cable. If you could pick up TV before the shift, you can pick up the digital signals now. It's still free.

Congress has been fully informed on every step. The airwaves belong to the American public, & our FCC is just reclaiming a huge band for other uses. To give you an idea of how wide the the analog TV bands are, the entire FM radio band is between channels 6 & 7 on VHF. Now all the channels are crammed into a small piece of bandwidth, & there's still enough room that everybody got another channel. Not a bad deal for the price of the shift.

There's no conspiracy. The only reason anybody got caught off guard is because they weren't paying attention. That's usually the basis of most conspiracy theories in the first place.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Digital is shite, you can even on HDTV'S see the block shading on many shows. I much prefered my CRT and Analog to my V+ and Tru-HD.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

Interesting I didnt know many people dont like DTV.

Actually im so jealous that youll be having DTV soon in my country it might take another 3-5 years before we convert to DTV

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by alyssats
    Interesting I didnt know many people dont like DTV.

Actually im so jealous that youll be having DTV soon in my country it might take another 3-5 years before we convert to DTV
    In this age everybody thinks digital anything is better. Digital is like breast implants--- it's fake! It's an approximation. It can't be BETTER than analog, it just has alot of advantages. You can manipulate things in the digital realm and do things you never dreamed of in analog. The thing about DTV signals just like DVDs or CDs is if there's no good signal it won't play at all. There's no " I can watch that, but it's not that clear". With digital it's clear or you're not watching it!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Common sense have long lost in this country to just keep up on things sheehs i work alot but i read & be informed too lol

Professional Poster

I just bought a cheap upconverting DVD player and I was having issues running HDMI into the surround sound so I called tech support and got a message saying "Due to dumbass questions about DTV, we are experiencing abnormally high call volume and are unable to help you at this time"
    Uuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    I just bought a cheap upconverting DVD player and I was having issues running HDMI into the surround sound so I called tech support and got a message saying "Due to dumbass questions about DTV, we are experiencing abnormally high call volume and are unable to help you at this time"
    Uuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!

b4 blu ray i owned like 3 upconverts...all broke within a month...good brands like sony samsung toshiba....i just went back to my xbox360 till i got my pc with a blu ray burner....

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    Uuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!

b4 blu ray i owned like 3 upconverts...all broke within a month...good brands like sony samsung toshiba....i just went back to my xbox360 till i got my pc with a blu ray burner....
    Well... that's encouraging!!
    I said I wasn't gonna do the blu ray thing. I'm cool with current def and I'm tired of chasing technology, but we'll see. Hell, if I can jack-off to flash vids obviously definition isn't a priority!