Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD SCHOOL RAP

Junior Poster

Default OLD SCHOOL RAP

I'M SITTIN HERE DL'ING SOME MUSIC AND I JUST CANT GET OVER HOW SHITTY NEW RAP MUSIC IS ( IF THATS WHAT YOU WANNA CALL IT) ....ANYWAY AT THE TENDER AGE OF 29 I PRETTY MUCH LISTEN TO ROCK AND METAL BUT I LIKE ALL KINDS OF MUSIC AND GREW UP LISTENING TO RAP AND R&B....I STILL LIKE TO LISTEN TO SOME DRE, JODECI, PAC, TOO SHORT, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE RAP IS DEAD....IF YOU KNOW OF SOME GOOD SHIT AND CAN PROVE ME WRONG BY ALL MEANS PLEASE DO..... IN THE MEANTIME HERE'S AN OLD SCHOOL TRACK THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW BUT ITS HOT REGARDLESSS

Platinum Poster

i'm with you.
    almost ALL my iTunes is hip hop and r&b from the 90's.
    particularly 93-96.

and i'm only 21

Veteran Poster

I think most types of music run their course and rap is no exception. What you get nowadays is mostly watered down or commercialized. I can't remember the last time I was blown away by a new rap album. Nothing wrong with sticking to the old school stuff though!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    i'm with you.
    particularly 93-96.

and i'm only 21
    Every generation goes through that. I'm sure if you were 21 during the early 90's, you'd feel nostalgic for 80's R&B.

It's called 'getting old'. lol

Junior Poster

good girl....you know whats up then.... im sitting here listening to dre, jodeci, shai, too short, luniz, ugk, tupac, biggie, the lox, 112....ahh those were the days... brings back memories

Junior Poster

i STRONGLY disagree with you Dirky.... i'm open minded to all music new and old, and although the old shit does have a nostalgic effect its not at all why i feel the new rap is doo doo.... also rock, hard rock, country has all been goin strong for decades

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dirky
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    i'm with you.
    particularly 93-96.

and i'm only 21
    Every generation goes through that. I'm sure if you were 21 during the early 90's, you'd feel nostalgic for 80's R&B.

It's called 'getting old'. lol
    my shuga is high,
    my awtha-ritis is actin up,
    and i keep trippin over my own breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by hotvegasguy26
    good girl....you know whats up then.... im sitting here listening to dre, jodeci, shai, too short, luniz, ugk, tupac, biggie, the lox, 112....ahh those were the days... brings back memories

ooh yess

dont forget about the girls tho
    i dont know if i would be who i am today without Kim, Fox, TLC, Mary & Faith.

Junior Poster

ok i got you....and even though i didnt really bump that shit (female artists) while ridin down the block i definitely feel you on that... "the firm" whaaaaat? ......"junior mafia" whaaaaat?

Platinum Poster

get money & affirmative action

ahh.. THE CLASSICS

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hotvegasguy26
    i STRONGLY disagree with you Dirky.... i'm open minded to all music new and old, and although the old shit does have a nostalgic effect its not at all why i feel the new rap is doo doo.... also rock, hard rock, country has all been goin strong for decades
    I don't think rock and country are in great shape these days either. In fact, most of what passes for new music is dismal compared to what came before.