Time for some Halloween stories.

The following events took place in the summer of 1986, back when I was 17 years old. It's all a true story, although it has nothing to do with transexuals because I didn't know any back then, at least as far as I was aware of. If that's what you're looking for, this isn't something you want to waste your time with.

That particular summer I was staying at a friends house and had already officially moved away from my parents (my friends dad was gone frequently on business, his mom let us do what we wanted, and his sister was super hot). Later on that year a different friend who lived near by basically got his house given to him when his parents split up and moved away, a bunch of us delinquents moved in and we created a little stoner paradise. Just for reference that was Mikes house, the story told here takes place at Jays house.

One weekend Jay ended up being gone for the weekend, and his mom was staying out late (which meant she just wasn't coming home at all, her hubby was out of town, hehe). I was left with his sister Lynn. The thing with Lynn and I was I knew her pretty damn well, very much "brother/sister" relationship. She was 14 at the time, and as I said was uber hot. Prior to the events told here, Lynn and I had made out a bunch of times (admittedly breaking the psuedo brother/sister bond a great deal, just a little naughty), but we never had any sort of sex. I would even sleep with her some nights, and yes I know that sounds weird, but we were mostly just really good friends and she knew I'd never try anything on her. I respected her too much to do anything like that.

So Lynn and I had the house to ourselves for the night, and she calls over two of her friends. Stacy (younger sister of my high school crush) and some other girl who's name I can't recall. I'll call her Dawn. Stacy was just about as hot as Lynn, had one of those "bad girl" faces, nice boobs, killer ass, just awesome, very flirty. I ended up taking her to her high school prom years later. Dawn was kinda plain, quiet, nice girl, just nothing special.

So the girls come over and we break into the parents liquor stash, smoked a joint, and play some drinking game. "Quarters" probably, whatever it was we got pretty wasted. I can't remember all the details exactly, but at some point we heard a noise outside.

For a few years now me and the kids I hung out with at the time had this wild theory that there was this crazy guy who stalked the woods over by Mikes house (which wasn't far away). That's a long story. One of the freakiest moments was when a bunch of us got back from a party one night, and found the front door to Mikes house wide open. His parents had been out of town for a few days, but the TV was on, and a chair in the living room was still warm, like someone had just been sitting in it. There shouldn't have been anyone in the house at all.

But that's a whole bunch of other stories.

So anyhow, me and the girls hear this noise outside and immediately think "It's the Man In Mikes Woods!", figuring he was spreading out his territory. We were kinda joking about it, then Dawn gets up to go to the bathroom, and suddenly she runs back into the kitchen.

"I just saw someone outside the living room window! He's just standing there, by the road, looking at the house!" she says.

The liquor, us being stoned, the lateness of the evening, and the fact that we were basically in the middle of a very rural spot in northern Minnesota made us get kinda twitchy. I got my balls in order, gathered up my courage, and went outside and looked around. Nothing, beyond me sweating my ass off hoping a lunatic didn't jump me. I think my act of bravery must have turned the girls on, or they were just honestly scared, because we all agreed it would be best to sleep in one room that night.

Now I know, this sounds like the beginning of a "Letter To Penthouse", but this really happened. I've had a pretty strange life.

So we got into bed. Stacy on my left, Lynn on my right, and Dawn on the floor. I kept my jeans on, the girls were in t-shirts and panties. Horny little Stacy was lying half across my chest, and I could feel how hot she was against my leg. I was desperately trying to think of some way to get at least a hand job from Stacy without Lynn knowing, but I just figured I'd have to wait until Lynn fell asleep, and I still wasn't sure if anything would happen at all.

I was starting to give up hope, it seemed Lynn was staying awake on purpose just to dash my plans with her friend. It was frustrating, but eventually I started to drift off. Then Dawn got off the floor and jumped up onto the foot of the bed, startling me and the other girls.

"I just saw a shadow move across the window!", she squeeked, and she sounded very serious. Shit, now what? We knew it wasn't any of our friends messing with us, they just wouldn't do that, and it wasn't Jay or his parents coming home early, it just didn't make sense. I imagined she was just being hysterical.

We just layed there for awhile, both Lynn and Stacy glued to me, with Dawn curled up near our feet. I was thinking this wasn't all that bad, three girls in bed with me, but it did seem a little over dramatic. . .

Then the power went out.

We could tell because the LED clock went black.

The girls screamed and now I was freaking out as well.

After a few seconds, the power came back on. The clock across the room blinking 12:00 in the darkness. I wasn't getting up to reset it.

This was followed by more noises outside, more distinct. Then Stacy whispered in my ear:

"Didn't you close the door after we came in?"

I had, I was sure of it. I looked over and there was a thin beam of light along the edge of the door shining in from the hallway. How did it get open?

Even worse, if someone had opened it, that meant that someone we didn't know was at that moment. . .inside the house.

We were all pretty damn scared at this point and I figured "OK, I just gotta get up and see this thing through, check things out, grab a weapon of some sort like a baseball bat or something, but I really got nothing to work with here". Honestly, when you're absolutely positive that someone is in the house that shouldn't be, someone you don't know, it becomes very hard to move. It's even worse when you're stoned, drunk on brandy lemonades, and only 17 years old.

I tell the girls the door just popped open somehow and the power going out was just "one of those things". . . then we all hear it.

Footsteps, slowly coming down the stairs.

Fuck.

The crazy bastard opened the door, saw us, went upstairs, got a knife from the kitchen, and was now coming down to finish us off.

I was thinking "this can't be real, this shit only happens in movies." The girls were pretty much panting with fear and digging their fingers into my chest.

The footsteps stopped. We're all breathing very heavy.

Then. . .

BAM BAM BAM!!!

And we all screamed our asses off.

Someone was beating on the fuckin door!

This was just one of several unbelievably scary moments in my life. It was the typical plot of a teen slasher movie, happening for real.

But wait. . .if someone was pounding on it. . .that meant the door was actually closed after all.

Hmmm. . .

Turns out the crack of light was shining in through the window from a yard light, we just hadn't noticed it before, and it gave the illusion of the door being open.

Outside the door was Jay and Lynns mom, who had come home after all. She thought we were having a teen orgy, and she made the girls go to a different room. I still don't know what the weird shit Dawn saw outside was, or why the power went off. Maybe Lynns mom coming home scared away The Man In Mikes Woods. Or maybe we were just goofy.

It wasn't the last any of us kids had contact with The Man In Mikes Woods, if it was him at all, but like I said that's a whole different set of stories.

Well. . .sorry this wasn't really an actual Ghost Story, but it was still a spooky incident. The last time I saw those girls, many years ago, we all talked about that night and how damn scary it was. Hehe.

Happy Halloween.

Anyone else got any scary stories?