Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Feel the hate"

Professional Poster

.....And these are the same bunch of assholes who would go nuts if anyone disputes how many people died in the holocaust.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fitz207
    Quote Originally Posted by Helvis2012
    Never satisfied. The only reason Israel exists is because the US subsidizes their whole existence. Maybe it's time to let these assholes begin relying solely ion themselves. We need health care, education opportunities among many other programs we could afford if we weren't sending billions to these ungrateful fucks.

In any case, the people in the video are not only ignorant but they all seem to be racist pigs.

Your tax dollars at work......bravo!
    So how did Israel survive until the early 1970s? Israel existed for 25 years before the US decided to help them. We started to truly support the Israelis when Israel was about to get wiped off the map by the Arabs (the Soviets gave tons of aid to Egypt and company for the Yom Kippur War) and there was a fear that Israel would go nuclear.

Lets ignore that the US gives more than a billion dollars a year to Egypt for their military to play nice with Israel.

The US stopped giving economic aid to Israel.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by notdrunk
    So how did Israel survive until the early 1970s? Israel existed for 25 years before the US decided to help them. We started to truly support the Israelis when Israel was about to get wiped off the map by the Arabs (the Soviets gave tons of aid to Egypt and company for the Yom Kippur War) and there was a fear that Israel would go nuclear.

Lets ignore that the US gives more than a billion dollars a year to Egypt for their military to play nice with Israel.

The US stopped giving economic aid to Israel.
    Are you sure you're "notdrunk"?

It's surprisingly difficult to obtain absolute figures on US aid for Israel since 1948, but there are some sources:

This report for congress is the most thorough, also the longest! The summary is worth reading to understand the different aid categories.

http://pdf.dec.org/pdf_docs/Pcaab191.pdf

(BTW, the US has been providing economic and military aid to Israel since 1948, however you're right that this increased dramatically since 196

This link provides a current understanding of US aid and recipients. The aim has shifted from straight economic to more military aid but points out that US plans to give Israel $30b in military aid alone over the next 10 years.

http://www.parade.com/news/intellige...reign-aid.html

As for economic aid, we need to remember that Israel is a pretty wealthy country by international standards. The UN positions Israel between Germany and Greece in terms of GDP per capita:

http://hdrstats.undp.org/indicators/5.html

It's amazing to realise that Israel, together with Egypt and Jordan, continue to receive over one-third of all US overseas aid, while impoverished countries in Africa are not on the radar.

Make your voice count - free Aung San Suu Kyi

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tstv_lover
    This link provides a current understanding of US aid and recipients. The aim has shifted from straight economic to more military aid but points out that US plans to give Israel $30b in military aid alone over the next 10 years.
    You are correct in that Israel is going to get $30b in military aid over ten years; however, for receiving this new aid, Israel will no longer get economic aid and the aid cannot be used for non-essential material. Additionally, majority of the aid must be used to get American products.

If the United States gave Egypt $3b a year for its military, the United States would spend more on the Egyptian military than the Egyptian government. In fact, the United States subsidizes the Egyptian military more than the Israeli military. The United States subsidizes 60%+ of the Egyptian military compared to subsidizing 19% of the Israeli military. The 60%+ has actually increased since 2002. Some websites say it is actually 80% now.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3679025 (Israeli military budget number for 2009 at the bottom)

http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/...&contentId=196 (old numbers because it is hard to find update budget information)

The Israeli military budget is larger than a number of Arab nations (e.g., Egypt) because the Israelis favor Western technology and the Arabs tend to favor Russian/Chinese technology. Western technology is more expensive than Russian/Chinese technology. So, for example, Israeli military budget cannot be low as Egypt's military budget.

Quote Originally Posted by tstv_lover
    You are correct in that Israel is going to get $30b in military aid over ten years; however, for receiving this new aid, Israel will no longer get economic aid and the aid cannot be used for non-essential material. Additionally, majority of the aid must be used to get American products.

If the United States gave Egypt $3b a year for its military, the United States would spend more on the Egyptian military than the Egyptian government. In fact, the United States subsidizes the Egyptian military more than the Israeli military. The United States subsidizes 60%+ of the Egyptian military compared to subsidizing 19% of the Israeli military. The 60%+ has actually increased since 2002. Some websites say it is actually 80% now.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3679025 (Israeli military budget number for 2009 at the bottom)

http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/...&contentId=196 (old numbers because it is hard to find update budget information)

The Israeli military budget is larger than a number of Arab nations (e.g., Egypt) because the Israelis favor Western technology and the Arabs tend to favor Russian/Chinese technology. Western technology is more expensive than Russian/Chinese technology. So, for example, Israeli military budget cannot be low as Egypt's military budget.

You're funny.

"That's what i thought you said."

Junior Poster

You're funny.
    Funny because I disproved the notion that the United States subsidizes Israel's whole existence? Israel would take a hit in their military budget; however, it would not be as damaging if the United States stopped giving military aid to Egypt. The Israeli government has increased their military budget throughout the years and it would help offset some of the damages if the US stop giving military aid.

You're funny.
    Funny because I disproved the notion that the United States subsidizes Israel's whole existence? Israel would take a hit in their military budget; however, it would not be as damaging if the United States stopped giving military aid to Egypt. The Israeli government has increased their military budget throughout the years and it would help offset some of the damages if the US stop giving military aid.

No, not quite. Did you bother to read what you're responding to?
    I didn't think so.........and it shows.

Thanks for the lesson, professor.

Junior Poster

No, it shows that you failed to read my posts. I said truly support the Israelis. I didn't deny that the United States didn't support them before the Yom Kippur War; however, the support was marginal and it was mostly loans.

$30b in ten years amounts to $3b a year. Their 2009 military budget is $13.1b. The figure includes the $2.5b in military aid from the US. So, $10.6b out of the $13.1b is from the Israeli government or from some other source. If you use division, that 2.5B amounts to 19% of the Israeli military budget. For ten years, they will be basically getting $3b in military aid and no economic aid. Furthermore, there are strings tied to the aid and those strings might prevent the Israelis from using all the aid. Once the ten years are over, their military aid will stay at $3b a year or decrease to $2.4b or $1.8b a year. Economic aid is official over.

The Israeli government cannot substantially decrease their military budget to the point where American military aid would be paramount for their survival because, as I said, they favor Western technologies and they run their military more like a Western military (e.g., decent wages for their soldiers). They have other sources of revenue (e.g., taxes) to support them. The aid is an added bonus to their budget because of their support for the Camp David Accords.

No, it shows that you failed to read my posts. I said truly support the Israelis. I didn't deny that the United States didn't support them before the Yom Kippur War; however, the support was marginal and it was mostly loans.

$30b in ten years amounts to $3b a year. Their 2009 military budget is $13.1b. The figure includes the $2.5b in military aid from the US. So, $10.6b out of the $13.1b is from the Israeli government or from some other source. If you use division, that 2.5B amounts to 19% of the Israeli military budget. For ten years, they will be basically getting $3b in military aid and no economic aid. Furthermore, there are strings tied to the aid and those strings might prevent the Israelis from using all the aid. Once the ten years are over, their military aid will stay at $3b a year or decrease to $2.4b or $1.8b a year. Economic aid is official over.

The Israeli government cannot substantially decrease their military budget to the point where American military aid would be paramount for their survival because, as I said, they favor Western technologies and they run their military more like a Western military (e.g., decent wages for their soldiers). They have other sources of revenue (e.g., taxes) to support them. The aid is an added bonus to their budget because of their support for the Camp David Accords.

Dude, relax....and do some more research.

You're funny.
    You need to educate yourself a bit more on the subject.
    Even prominent "neo-cons" say Israel could not exist with out America.
    We the United States were responsible for the state of Israel coming into being and we have helped them since the beginning.
    Im not saying its good....Im not saying its bad.
    Also without America no Jews would even exist right now....we are the ones responsible for saving them from extermination via Hitler.
    The thought that Obama is anti-jew is just laughable....all his top advisors are Jewish!
    I wish he were more Pro-Black......
    When you look at this video you can see how unreasonable some people are.