Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    not for nothing he took the job the execs passed along to him when the networks screwed Bruce Lee out of his concept for a tv series known as Kung Fu....

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL
    Wow

Thats really harsh.
    What about the behind the scenes bastards that put it all together....no contempt for them?

Kung Fu was a LEGENDARY show....way better than this crap on tv today.
    That was just really harsh...but ok.

Gold Poster

not for nothing he took the job the execs passed along to him when the networks screwed Bruce Lee out of his concept for a tv series known as Kung Fu....

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL
    Come on what was he suppose to do turn the role down.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL
    Wow

Thats really harsh.
    What about the behind the scenes bastards that put it all together....no contempt for them?

This thread isn't about the execs, it's about David Carradine.

and for this forum that's hardly harsh compared to some of the things you yourself have said in the past, let's move on..........

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    yes.................

Let's be honest for a second. The series was named "Kung Fu." It was intended to be about a Shaolin Monk who travels to the West in search of his brother. A SHAOLIN MONK!

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about a sellout who's claim to fame was based on another man's idea who didn't get to fulfill the role himself due to racism in that era from TV execs.

If you want to pay your respects, pay them, we are all allowed our .02 and I gave mine.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Gold Poster

I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racism prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

You shall be missed, grasshopper.

Junior Poster

I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racist prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.
    That's a bold statement. Not sure it's true though. I think Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba & Jet Li can all make good arguments for that title.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cubpocalypse
    I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racist prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.
    That's a bold statement. Not sure it's true though. I think Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba & Jet Li can all make good arguments for that title.
    None of those named above were stars in that Era.Jackie Chan actually had a non-speaking bit part in enter the dragon.JWBL is correct on this.
    That show would have put bruce lee over the top in mainstream America.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL
    Wow

Thats really harsh.

This thread isn't about the execs, it's about David Carradine.

and for this forum that's hardly harsh compared to some of the things you yourself have said in the past, let's move on..........

yes.................

Let's be honest for a second. The series was named "Kung Fu." It was intended to be about a Shaolin Monk who travels to the West in search of his brother. A SHAOLIN MONK!

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about a sellout who's claim to fame was based on another man's idea who didn't get to fulfill the role himself due to racism in that era from TV execs.

If you want to pay your respects, pay them, we are all allowed our .02 and I gave mine.
    You say this as if he owed you money or something.....the main died and/or committed suicide.....he aint even cold yet.
    Regardless of what I have said to other members of this forum if ANYONE of them just died I would not be so hateful towards them.
    But thats me.

As far as sellouts go I am sure your iPOD is full of them.
    Not trying to pick a fight with you......I just dont think this guy is deserving of such venom.
    Have a good day.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

RIP
    Not a fan of the snakage of the bruce lee show, but he was a fairly decent actor otherwise.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Veteran Poster

At least he went out on a high note with the Kill Bill movies. He was terrific in those. I think my favorite role of his was in Death Race 2000. I also liked him in Boxcar Bertha. He had subtle charisma and screen presence. A very underrated actor. RIP.