Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project natal

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Castor_Troy05
    You could not be more wrong Legend. It's nothing like what the Wii does. It requires no controller at all. It will change the way casual gamers play games forever. With the might of MS behind it, with a possible link to bringing it to the PC, there is no way it can fail.
    Come on castor you can't deny they stole the concept from the wii.If the wii didn't exist do you think they would even have that idea.

Professional Poster

We'll see how it does. I'm just going by past add-ons. If MS decides to price this thing near the $200 range...on top of a 2-300 dollar game system...

If MS really wants to cut Nintendo's throat, they'd include this with the system.

Professional Poster celticgrafix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor_Troy05
    You could not be more wrong Legend. It's nothing like what the Wii does. It requires no controller at all. It will change the way casual gamers play games forever. With the might of MS behind it, with a possible link to bringing it to the PC, there is no way it can fail.
    Come on castor you can't deny they stole the concept from the wii.If the wii didn't exist do you think they would even have that idea.
    yeh they stole it, not like they didnt plan for it though, but wouldnt you want the gaming industries to compete so we can have the best experience possible, and jay, how good it does?, im interested as well, but ill get one just to see the experience

Rookie Poster

while i'll admit it looks cool, I really want to see someone in person using it to truly see how well it works. I read that Milo thing doesnt work nearly as well as it does in that video, but it is still in development.

Let just hope this doesnt flop like the PS3's motion sensing controllers

yeh true but they wouldnt make this big of a deal about it if it was egit

Gold Poster

I wonder how much that thing might cost, it looks kind of expensive.

Junior Poster

Just because it is a "rip" on the Wii doesn't make it any less amazing...it's building on present technology to make something new. Was the color TV just a rip off of black and white? Yes it uses motion capture, but no there is no controller and you can't just flick your wrist to make it work. Wii broke new ground with it's format but it is just the first step. I'm excited to see what they may be able to build off of this...but it's definitely no eye toy! If they do plan on releasing something like this for current gen systems I just hope it isn't full of glitches like so many video game peripherals.

u c the video where u can communicate with a character, did wii.... naw nevermind, u couldnt

Veteran Poster

I agree that it's fairly amazing technologically, but my criticism on it basically comes down to "how will it improve the games I usually play?"

I don't play any sim games, no virtual pet games, usually just 3rd person, action/platformer/brawler/adventure games, maybe the odd console FPS (Bioshock, Orange Box, not Halo). None of which would be greatly enhanced by my ability to personally interact with the game world.

In fact, Jerry (Tycho Brahe) Holkins of Penny Arcade pretty much echoed my viewpoints when he said

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
    In general, the freaky-deaky augmented video mechanisms presented by Microsoft and Sony are inert for us - that is to say, we have no reaction to them whatsoever... beyond minigames and puppet shows, I don't know how to contextualize this technology. I can't be certain that it has ramifications of any kind for the games I like to play, the ones my friends like to play, or for the games that built this industry.
    EDIT: Oh as an addendum, same as the Wii, I despise the name Natal. I mean really? We're going to keep going downstairs for video game related names? I can't wait for Sony to come out with "The Rectal, it's so good it'll make you crap yourself!" What about "Prolapse - Breaking down the barriers!"

halo is the shit, anyone seen then new halo 3 odst