Page 1 of 28 12345611 ... LastLast

Default I got a problem and I dont know what the fuck to do about it

I know some people are going to interpet what I say in so many ways, but here is the issue.
    I moved to an upper middle class white neighborhood in 2003. I LOVE my apartment, its a 2 flat, my landlord lives upstairs, and he is kool with what I do because he "dates" ts. And in the back there are 2 smaller apartments. I travel to NYC alot, and in all these years, I have never had a problem, my neighbors are all kool respectable people. NEVER had an issue. So last summer a gay black man moved into the back apartment with a 17 year old foster child. when they first moved in, my Shwinn bycycle was stolen. We, the landlord and I were puzzled and said maybe somebody left the door open and a stranger came in and took it. Mind you our basement is always loked and only those in the building have acess to the basement. SO I bought a second bike for myself, and at the same time my bf got a dirtbike. Fast forward to January. My landlord comes to me and says check my private storage area because his sons $600 mountain bike was stolen. I go and BOTH bikes are gone and a printer. We call the police, nothing happens. 2 weeks agao the foster kid is in front of the building, and his friend is riding MY bike down the street. So I go to the currancy exchange on the corner. He pulled the screen out of my front window, left in on the ground, crawled through th window and stole $250 and a Cannon camera off my tv top.
    I get home, call the police, make a report, and talk to the gay black man about what his son did. The guy said let the police do what they have to do. Now yesterday I go to work, rent is due, and I have in an envelope $1,100 which is my rent money, and I had $150 just thrown in there because I dont take cash or credit cards to work. The bitch stole all the money, all the credit cards, and my other camera. The same police come back, this mind you the 3rd time in less than a month. They can only do fingerprints they say on the crime scene. Both times a screen was removed from the window. BUT my landlord moved the screen from the scene both times so they said they cant print it once it is moved. The police think I am bullshitting, and wont come back. Yet I am out of 3 bikes, 2 cameras and over $1500 in cash. Both robberies, he was seen at the scene. But not in the building, WHAT CAN I DO???

Surveillance. Set up some security cameras, ideally hidden, and get the idiot on tape.

If your neighbors are also having problems, maybe get them to form a neighborhood watch-type of thing so that more people know to grab their cameras whenever something goes down.

You could hire a PI to find evidence to what's going on (this would cost a bit more).

The cops aren't going to do shit unless you have irrefutable proof like the person being on tape, or someone capturing him red handed. Once you get that proof, IF its the guy's son- sue the father for the amount everything stolen was worth.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Vanessa, I am sorry to hear of your loss, having your home violated is
    a very traumatic thing, indeed it may feel like rape in the sense of the
    personal violation.

At a minimum I would recommend renters insurance which would
    compensate you in the event of theft, fire or other disasters.

Also I would suggest that you invest in a security system, even add on
    IP cameras so that you could monitor your home when you are away.

And finally given the cash nature of your business you may want to invest
    in a safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Surveillance. Set up some security cameras, ideally hidden, and get the idiot on tape.

If your neighbors are also having problems, maybe get them to form a neighborhood watch-type of thing so that more people know to grab their cameras whenever something goes down.

You could hire a PI to find evidence to what's going on (this would cost a bit more).

The cops aren't going to do shit unless you have irrefutable proof like the person being on tape, or someone capturing him red handed. Once you get that proof, IF its the guy's son- sue the father for the amount everything stolen was worth.
    The neighbors are not having problems. The bastard has only robbed me, and why? Because even after calling the police, he got away with it all 3 times, he knows the father wont do shit, and now he see's the police wont do shit.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    Vanessa, I am sorry to hear of your loss, having your home violated is
    a very traumatic thing, indeed it may feel like rape in the sense of the
    personal violation.

At a minimum I would recommend renters insurance which would
    compensate you in the event of theft, fire or other disasters.

Also I would suggest that you invest in a security system, even add on
    IP cameras so that you could monitor your home when you are away.

And finally given the cash nature of your business you may want to invest
    in a safe.
    I usually dont have large sums, only to pay bills.
    The $250 stolen was for my laser treatment on my legs, and the $1,100 was my rent money. before those people moved in the building, everything was ok. The foster father allowing his son dto do that is what gets me the most. And he;s gay, which is one of the reasons I dont like gay people, they are shitty messes and I stay as far away as I can. My mother would have kicked my ass when the bikes came up missing, this fool just says let the police do their job, yet he collects a check to take care of that kid.

Veteran Poster

(Really want to ask why the guys race and sexual preference were brought up, being that this is about the foster child, but i wont, no need for this to go to 20 pages)

When he broke in the first time why would you have that much cash in an envelope? But I think the surveillance thing is a good idea. Secure your valuables, rottweilers are very effective, desert eagles are great pets to have as well. If the child is in foster care than he has a social worker that you can contact and inform them of the situation.... all i have for now

No, nope, never, maybe

Junior Poster

I am very sorry for what has happenned to you but I am having a very hard time not being offended by the comments like "white neighborhood" and "gay black man" as aren't we all just people?

I just kind of feel like I would expect a bit more from someone of ethnic background. My x-gf was black as well as ts and know talk like that would have really offended her.

It sounds as though the person commiting these crimes are getting rather brazen and from what you are saying it looks as though you might be able to lure them in and get video or photo proof of them taking your things. I would also consider renters insurance as mine is $9 a month and I get a discount on my auto insuranc for having it which pays for it in the end.

I have had things stolen from me and it is the worst feeling in the world and I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Cynaide...living dead inside

Quote Originally Posted by deee757
    (Really want to ask why the guys race and sexual preference were brought up, being that this is about the foster child, but i wont, no need for this to go to 20 pages)

When he broke in the first time why would you have that much cash in an envelope? But I think the surveillance thing is a good idea. Secure your valuables, rottweilers are very effective, desert eagles are great pets to have as well. If the child is in foster care than he has a social worker that you can contact and inform them of the situation.... all i have for now
    As I said before, I had $250 of money I worked for in the living room of an apartment thet I pay $1,100 a month for. I should be abled to leave what I want in my own private home. The first time, he stole the $250 which was to pay for a laser treatment the next day. The second time he stole my rent money which I have to pay in cash. But bottom line, its my home.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    I am very sorry for what has happenned to you but I am having a very hard time not being offended by the comments like "white neighborhood" and "gay black man" as aren't we all just people?

I just kind of feel like I would expect a bit more from someone of ethnic background. My x-gf was black as well as ts and know talk like that would have really offended her.

It sounds as though the person commiting these crimes are getting rather brazen and from what you are saying it looks as though you might be able to lure them in and get video or photo proof of them taking your things. I would also consider renters insurance as mine is $9 a month and I get a discount on my auto insuranc for having it which pays for it in the end.

I have had things stolen from me and it is the worst feeling in the world and I am so sorry you have to go through this.
    \Well how do you think I feel, being a transwoman of color, and having a person of color with a father who is gay robbing me for fun? I moved where I did to avoid all that.

Junior Poster

Wasn't it Dr. King who wished that his kids would be judged not on the color of their skin but the the content of their character?

I live in an extremely upscale neighborhood in Santa Monica and have been stolen from just the same as you. Does it make my stereotyping of people that I don't have any proof of correct?

I just feel comments such as yours does us no good as a country, especially from someone of your race and sexual orientation is all.

Cynaide...living dead inside