Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Poster

Format factory is great and free!

Default Re: Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    Is there a software to convert the format in which a video saves?
    Depends what you want to convert to and from, but this'll do most things:
    Format Factory.
    http://www.formatoz.com/
    convert video from MOV to avi format so i can work with them in moviemaker, and they open in windows instead of realtime

Professional Poster

I added software as the need arose so I have different applications for different purposes.

All freeware.

Internet Explorer: I use Orbit with its GrabIt application to capture video clips live streaming and others.
    Firefox: I use "Getgo" download manager to capture and download videos and pictures.

To convert video I use "Any video converter", and to edit and join clips I use Windows Movie Maker, which is a free download if you have a verified XP version of Windows.

What if all these fantasies come flailing around?

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Is there a software to convert the format in which a video saves?
    Depends what you want to convert to and from, but this'll do most things:
    Format Factory.
    http://www.formatoz.com/
    convert video from MOV to avi format so i can work with them in moviemaker, and they open in windows instead of realtime
    This is pretty good for that:
    http://www.freemov2avi.com/

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

I must second the recommendation of Sony Vegas. It does almost everything, exports to dozens of formats and if you have the version with DVD Architect, you can author some awesome DVDs with menus that will do almost everything but make you a Margarita.

In regards to it's ability to perform on a laptop...I edited a couple of TV programmes and pilots on the road in the UK with a 17" Toshiba a couple of years ago, so it can go wherever you go.

Lots of plug ins are included, and the best part is you can totally do the audio mix within the same Vegas programme.

5 Star Poster

In all honesty I have used those tools a different times what works best for me is iMovie on Macintosh. I say this as a die hard PC user.

iMovie can convert practically anything to anything else and render everything from a high def DVD length movie to a 20 MB clip. I haven't found anything that works anywhere near as simply or intuitively with whatever video source I am working with.... from my phone to my handycam it all just works.

If you have a friend or relative with a newer Macintosh conn them into letting you use it for video editing.

Windows movie maker comes in second for me.

5 Star Poster

The best thing about Vegas Pro in my experience is you can really hammer it, cutting & dragging clips all over the place, applying effects, transitions, dragging those blocks all over the timeline, all in different formats, and it never crashes. Bullet proof app. I've tried most of the apps mentioned here, and when yo give them that type of creative abuse, they just crash.

Junior Poster

I use Final Cut Express...in school (NYU) for my Digital Video Production class

Junior Poster

Eventhough other schools recommend Avid

Veteran Poster

Whatever happened to flannel-lined trash cans, a pair of winds, sync block,and a grease pencil ? Roll of slug stock and we're there. Software used to mean using a three plate instead of a moviola shreader. Geesh.

Final Cut & mac