Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

[quote="drmindbender03"]
    Quote Originally Posted by bartholomeus
    Let's look at race horsing....Wow, the horses are bred and kept with the intentions of being commodities to make money for the owners, investors, and track owners. They are whipped by the jockeys during the race in order for the horse to speed up. I guess you don't see anything wrong with this?

The horses are ran, ran, and ran again until they cannot run anymore. Many have heart attacks and other physical injuries due to horse racing. Many are sold to outfits that kill them here in the U.S and sold to outfits in Europe that slice them down into what they call "Steaks". Four star restaurants serve their patrons horse meat that is elegantly called "Steaks". LOL.......

So this isn't a form of animal abuse?

Torture me? Come on down to sunny Florida where I reside. Don't be suprised to be looking down the barrel of the .380 caliber (that I legally own) that is with me at all times!

Why aren't you addressing the preferential treatment that Martha Stewart has received?
    I was on your side until you made this stupid argument. American horses are not sold to "outfits" that then sell their horse meat to Europe - you idiot.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

If society judged Michael Vick of a crime and convicted him either as punishment or rehabilitation, then he's served his time.
    What is the point of having a penal system, if after you've served time you continue to be discriminated against?

He should be allowed back into his profession. Failure to permit do that, shows the inability of the system. If he was going back to work in a dog farm, that would be a different matter.

As distasteful as his crime was to me, I have to agree with the OP, that Martha Stewart, wasn't stopped from running her business, Jeffrey Archer wasn't stopped from being a writer, blah, blah, blah...

Silver Poster

Does anyone really think Mike Vick won't be able to resume his career? The NFL views him as a valuable commodity in my opinion and he will go back to making millions. The Martha Stewart argument is not accurate until he is banned from making a living and then is only germane if he is black balled.

I don't think that will happen though.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by drmindbender03
    Quote Originally Posted by bartholomeus
    I do not see how a Vick discussion is intellectual... but any who why don't we torture you a little bit?
    Why isn't it? Is this not an event that is being celebrated by the media? Oh, I forgot we should only comment on the dick sizes of shemales...

Torturing dogs? Do you know anything about dog fighting? I don't think you do. I don't endorse it. I am against it. Dog fighters do not torture their animals. They are well feed, well kept, and put into fights. The dogs are killed when they are seriously injured so they will not suffer emotionally, mentally, and physically from their injuries.

Let's look at race horsing....Wow, the horses are bred and kept with the intentions of being commodities to make money for the owners, investors, and track owners. They are whipped by the jockeys during the race in order for the horse to speed up. I guess you don't see anything wrong with this?

The horses are ran, ran, and ran again until they cannot run anymore. Many have heart attacks and other physical injuries due to horse racing. Many are sold to outfits that kill them here in the U.S and sold to outfits in Europe that slice them down into what they call "Steaks". Four star restaurants serve their patrons horse meat that is elegantly called "Steaks". LOL.......

So this isn't a form of animal abuse?

Torture me? Come on down to sunny Florida where I reside. Don't be suprised to be looking down the barrel of the .380 caliber (that I legally own) that is with me at all times!

Why aren't you addressing the preferential treatment that Martha Stewart has received?

I don't think you know about this case!

The dogs who weren't game or who were losers were killed in many different ways, including body slamming, electric shock, and drowning.

All of that is cruel. If he just wanted to put them out of their misery, there's other ways to do that.

So if Martha Stewart gets preferntial treatment for her case, from a different judge, in a different jurisdiction, why should we care about Michael Vick?

If you're so concerned, lodge a complaint about the Stewart case.

Why don't you come out and tell us why you are so concerned about Vick?

We should have a Surge into Brazil and Thailand for their supply of Tgirls

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    If society judged Michael Vick of a crime and convicted him either as punishment or rehabilitation, then he's served his time.
    What is the point of having a penal system, if after you've served time you continue to be discriminated against?

He should be allowed back into his profession. Failure to permit do that, shows the inability of the system. If he was going back to work in a dog farm, that would be a different matter.

As distasteful as his crime was to me, I have to agree with the OP, that Martha Stewart, wasn't stopped from running her business, Jeffrey Archer wasn't stopped from being a writer, blah, blah, blah...

In the case of Martha Stewart, she's the CEO of her own company. You can't stop her from returning to it. In Vick's case, it's up to the NFL to let him back. I think he'll be back and playing soon, probably not starting for a little while, but he'll be back.

We should have a Surge into Brazil and Thailand for their supply of Tgirls

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

The NFL is an image league and the only way Vick is coming back is if he me makes a true and sincere apology for his actions and I'm not sure he has it in him to do that. Plus you have to think about if any team in the NFL wants to deal with the protesters that will come along with signing him.

Rookie Poster

Corporate America is the most powerful institutional group on earth. The media is a part of that group, so are the private prisons, among others. They stand to make hundreds of billions of dollars from whatever lingering postcolonial fear that white americans have of black men. Let me repeat...HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF BUCKS....

When you throw in the fact that dog fighting would make the average american hurl, you can forget about impartiality, not when there is so much money at stake. Saying they would not tilt the coverage to take advantage of americas deep racial stereotypes, is like putting the "Fox" in the henhouse and saying "keep an eye on them for me". Most young americans dont even know they have these stereotypes until they are confronted with Hard Evidence, or until their hero Obama lays out the polite version in a political speech.

...once you understand the money, the rest is like dominos falling. the uproar was inevitable after such coverage, how are the animal rights people going to sit still after seeing those images. Not to mention the majority of white americans who have no frame of reference for this type of sport, which is ironic, considering that the sport was traditionally practiced by poor whites in the rural South.

Football is celebrated by black and white, but I dont think the general public realizes how savagely Warlike it is. But yet we expect the men that perform at the top of this savage war sport to play croquet and sip tea for recreation.

-Söze

This thread is BS!

Rookie Poster

I dont know if its BS, and I dont usually respond to these threads, but the first post seemed well thought out and gunuine.

-Söze

Gold Poster