Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by saganami
    I think AOL here in the UK blocks the Grooby network and bob's site (or vise versa), as I have to use a proxy to get them, and have had to for almost a year.
    AOL has always been a disaster on one way or another. Besides the problems their browsers have displaying websites AOL alters Windows' settings when it is installed.

The last time I installed it, it screwed up my configuration so bad, I had to uninstall it and do a system restore. I'll never have it on any of my computers again.

Bob,
    obviously the problem is the same for you: 62.93.229.107

I sent an e-mail to Fastweb and I haven't received an answer yet... but you all should ask a lawyer to contact them...

Junior Poster

The problem for me is to estabilish who banned who...
    Why should Fastweb block the access to one or a bunch of IPs? Or vice versa?
    We don't really know what's really happened.
    We are not discussing here of a site that's suddenly closed or temporarily on maintenance or under some big hackers attack... right or wrong, we are discussing about something like 1-255 IPs blocked for some real or suspected "illegal" behaviour and therefore "banned" and made unreachable... I don't understand too much about technical matter, but they at Fastweb should verify and then unblock every single IPs I guess... that's why we can temporarily by-pass the obstacle using a proxy, but I see two problems using it: 1st those proxy sites could steal the passwords so our account could consequently be blocked by Grooby; 2nd at least my Mac become slower and I have to close and restart the browser after using it, since the writing process become strangely much slower...
    I think we need patience, since there's nothing we poor customers can do at present, apart from asking for help/assistance and wait, while the two big "parts" involved, Grooby group on a side and Fastweb as the internet provider on the other, should hopefully find a positive resolution, looking for the real cause of the problem.
    But I can't realistically ask to investigate on a total of 255 IPs and then wait for a quick response... I sent to Neil from Grooby here my IP and traceroute "trip" trying to help to find which of the internet servers is blocking the exchange of information with apparent no results...
    Hope they at Grooby don't consider the matter as closed saying: ok done, it's a Fastweb matter, therefore if you unlucky Italian guys wanna have a "normal" access to our sites (that are not cheap uhu...) migrate to another better provider (that's not really so easy sometimes at least here in Italy, because of the contract rules as stated by many "offers") without verifying "who banned who" and really trying to find a positive solution.
    For me it's not easy to express myself in a different language and it's not my business after all... and after a hard working day, I should relax a little instead of dealing with a matter that's not under my personal control... or better, as a Grooby subscriber, I could even consider it a good opportunity to save my money: everybody knows just in critical situations one should reconsider what are the real priorities in life, being wiser and even spending money consequently...

Junior Poster

...just sent my traceroute results as kindly requested by Neil (from Grooby) lately, really hope this helps...