Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I quit smoking

Professional Poster

Default I quit smoking

I quit smoking a month ago. I am still going crazy. I have dreams about smoking and want to smoke all the time. I need to have something in my mouth at all times. Does this ever end?

Professional Poster

I am eating carrot stick right now, i have been eating so much and am trying to watch what i am eating, or its gonna be Lane Bryant here I come.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Re: I quit smoking

Quote Originally Posted by NYTSJulie
    I quit smoking a month ago. I am still going crazy. I have dreams about smoking and want to smoke all the time. I need to have something in my mouth at all times. Does this ever end?
    Girl, how did you do it? Patch, gum? People say that when you stop smoking you'll gain weight? Is that true?

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Girl, how did you do it? Patch, gum? People say that when you stop smoking you'll gain weight? Is that true?

~Kisses.

HTG
    I tried the patch, gum, chantix, hypnosis and all kinds of stuff. Then a month ago I woke up one day and said thats it I am done. I quit cold turkey. Its not that bad but the cravings are still there and I want them to go away.

I only gained 3 pounds. I dont want to look like Kirsti Allie so I changed my eating habit when I quit so I wouldn't gain weight. Everything I eat is natural, nothing processed and no sugars. I know this guy who quit around the same time as me and he gained 20 pounds lol. So I am lucky.

Who has quit and do these cravings go away?

I tried quitting a few times. But very unsuccessful! =( With the type of work that I do - trauma cases, wound care, colostomy bags etc. I can't help but light up! lol

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Junior Poster

Try one of the "electronic" cigarettes if you really have to. You have to refill them with the nicotine cartridges, but at least you're not damaging your lungs with tar,etc. I used to despise NY to LA flights, but with my e-cig the cravings go away instantly

Veteran Poster

same here, know what you're going through! It's a real bitch
    A friend of mine quit 2 years ago and put on 10 pounds despite exercising, running marathons and all that shit. He said the cravings disappear after about 8-12 months. However, he also says if he lit up now, he would have no problem smoking a whole pack in an evening. So in that sense, once a smoker, always a smoker.

I think you just have to keep reminding yourself that smoking screws up your health big time. I just got sick of being short of breath, that smell of stale smoke in my apartment and on my clothes, plus (very important) my new girlfriend is a non smoker...

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Veteran Poster

I need to have something in my mouth at all times. Does this ever end?
    That's what she said...

I'm sorry, but you can't leave a piñata like that up and and not expect me to swing at it.

To be serious though. No matter how shitty it feels not smoking, you gotta remember that you're doing your body a world of good without the constant lung tar and nicotine hit. How many a day were you smoking?

Silver Poster

i quit too ... no more weed 4 mimi 4 days already !!!!!!!!!!!! no desire to smoke either

Quote Originally Posted by lupinIII
    I need to have something in my mouth at all times. Does this ever end?
    That's what she said...

I'm sorry, but you can't leave a piñata like that up and and not expect me to swing at it.

To be serious though. No matter how shitty it feels not smoking, you gotta remember that you're doing your body a world of good without the constant lung tar and nicotine hit. How many a day were you smoking?
    That's what I have..the craving of having something in my mouth all the time! It's freaking hard! I think that's how I've developed oral fixation!! lol

~Kisses.

HTG