Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Do celebrities who quit pot go crazy ?

You have probably heard the rumors about two famous comedians who went crazy after they quit the chronic . They are each very well known from their Comedy Central tv shows and specials . It is an interesting subject and there is a shitload of studies to support the rumors about these comedians . What are your thoughts on the subject ? ............. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...questionID=220

and that's why the cubs will never win the series

Professional Poster

Default Re: Do celebrities who quit pot go crazy ?

Quote Originally Posted by blacktgirls
    You have probably heard the rumors about two famous comedians who went crazy after they quit the chronic . They are each very well known from their Comedy Central tv shows and specials . It is an interesting subject and there is a shitload of studies to support the rumors about these comedians . What are your thoughts on the subject ? ............. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...questionID=220
    I think that ANYONE who changes the chemical balance in their head substantially poses the risk of going a little nuts. I'm not against pot, mind you, but if the body and mind becomes accustomed to anything and you rip it away, there will be an affect to it. The guy who shot up NIU a year or two ago went off his meds shortly before he did it. People who go cold turkey from even smoking can get sick from it.

All I'm saying is that something drastic is pretty much expected for a good portion of the population. People will be strongly affected by it, which going crazy is one of many possible outcomes.

Professional Poster

Default Re: Do celebrities who quit pot go crazy ?

dp

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Okay, Dave Chappelle, but who's the other one?

Folks act like powerful psychotropic marijuana is harmless, shit that can make you bad trip almost like 'shrooms or acid, but I firmly believe if you smoke that sticky homegrown Humboldt County weed on the daily, it can permanently alter your brain chemistry.

I won't say Chappelle went'crazy', but I bet smoking super strong weed almost every day altered his general perspective on life.

Remember, he left in part because he felt the show's producers wanted him to do more comedy that he now felt was insulting to Blacks because White people were laughing at it, because he swore they didn't get the meaning behind the joke.

When your witty comedy riffs/ social satire routines, in your mind, suddenly become Sartre/ Kafka-esque philosophical social analysis meant to be appreciated only by a select few, then yes, that would be a problem.

Veteran Poster

i don't mean going on a shooting spree crazy , just the kind of crazy of not showing up for road gigs or going on Oprah to explain why you quit your show crazy.

Veteran Poster

i won't name names but a real short comedian with alot of pimposity has be not showing up for gigs.

Silver Poster

THIS IS A very funny topic you bring up . I smoke really great weed every day . i have been trying to quit and wean myself off slowly .
    I FEEL PAINS , GO THROUGH PANIC , I GET VERY DIZZY, I OFTEN FEEL SHORT OF BREATH AND THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE ...
    I REALLY REALLY WANT TO STOP ...
    I HAVE MADE IT MY NINE TO FIVE EVER SINCE AUGUST AFTER I GOT MY BREAST IMPLANTS .
    I CAN QUIT COLD TURKEY BUT I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN .

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mimiplastique
    THIS IS A very funny topic you bring up . I smoke really great weed every day . i have been trying to quit and wean myself off slowly .
    I FEEL PAINS , GO THROUGH PANIC , I GET VERY DIZZY, I OFTEN FEEL SHORT OF BREATH AND THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE ...
    I HAVE MADE IT MY NINE TO FIVE EVER SINCE AUGUST AFTER I GOT MY BREAST IMPLANTS .
    i only smoked pot 3 times in high school the last time gave me heart palpitations and that was it . i threw up for half a day and got a bad headache after drinking and that was it. i personally never delt with a substance abuse problems but the reference to the " the really great weed every day " part might be a place to start a change in thinking. maybe you should get some really bad shit weed.

I doubt it lol... I did it in highschool a lot and then stopped for a long time and didn't feel a thing.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blacktgirls
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiplastique
    i only smoked pot 3 times in high school the last time gave me heart palpitations and that was it . i threw up for half a day and got a bad headache after drinking and that was it. i personally never delt with a substance abuse problems but the reference to the " the really great weed every day " part might be a place to start a change in thinking. maybe you should get some really bad shit weed.

oh baby i am at a point now when i think all weed is horrible . so bad weed will not change anything other than piss me off