Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Surprising......................

10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care

Fact No. 1: Americans have better survival rates than Europeans for common cancers.

Fact No. 2: Americans have lower cancer mortality rates than Canadians.

Fact No. 3: Americans have better access to treatment for chronic diseases than patients in other developed countries.

Fact No. 4: Americans have better access to preventive cancer screening than Canadians.

Fact No. 5: Lower income Americans are in better health than comparable Canadians.

Fact No. 6: Americans spend less time waiting for care than patients in Canada and the U.K.

Fact No. 7: People in countries with more government control of health care are highly dissatisfied and believe reform is needed.

Fact No. 8: Americans are more satisfied with the care they receive than Canadians.

Fact No. 9: Americans have much better access to important new technologies like medical imaging than patients in Canada or the U.K.

Fact No. 10: Americans are responsible for the vast majority of all health care innovations.

Conclusion: Despite serious challenges, such as escalating costs and the uninsured, the U.S. health care system compares favorably to those in other developed countries.

Source: Scott Atlas, M.D.,senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor at the Stanford University Medical Center.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

JW how bored are you right now? lol.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

I could not agree more. As with so many of the things we bitch about as such bad things it is a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    actually I'm not bored, I'm enjoying my day off

nice having a German vehicle that doesn't need constant 3rd party parts to stay running...............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    actually I'm not bored, I'm enjoying my day off

nice having a German vehicle that doesn't need constant 3rd party parts to stay running...............
    cough fucker cough.....I have a stock motor Or so I say to the officer -_-

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Silver Poster

Sorry dude but these are Chuck Norris facts.

Sound great, what do we do about the 47 million who can't get access to this wonderful treatment because they have no insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by magus13
    Sound great, what do we do about the 47 million who can't get access to this wonderful treatment because they have no insurance.
    I guess it is everyone elses responsibility to pay for insurance for them. Jeeze, I'm so tired of people spending my hard earned dollars for me. Why should I even bother to work anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by callahac
    Quote Originally Posted by magus13
    I guess it is everyone elses responsibility to pay for insurance for them. Jeeze, I'm so tired of people spending my hard earned dollars for me. Why should I even bother to work anymore?
    That's the problem, when these uninsured people show up to the ER because they couldn't get sevices antwhere else and instead of a of a minor condition, it is now major, you pay for it anyway. Most people who aren't covered work. How can we be a civilized country and allow people to be one illnes away from ruin and suffering. I have insurance and I feel the greatest gift a person could have is there health and am willing to my part for my fellow citizen who is working hard and is unable to to acces basic care for themselves. We can have a system where we still have a high level of care and everyone can get services. I'd rather my taxes went to Americans needing healthcare than bull shit war in Iraq.

Gold Poster

Default Re: Surprising......................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care...
    Source: Scott Atlas, M.D.,senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor at the Stanford University Medical Center.
    Straight from a rightwing think tank, Johnny. Funny how there is no mention of the elephant in the room like the 47 million uninsured Americans this country has currently, or millions more that are under insured, particularly when compared to other industrialized western countries.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein