Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinBoston
    There is a gray area that cases have been made over when and officer shows up someplace... in a normal routine and a person takes off running.... or acts suspiciously. If the officer fears for their safety, they can "pat frisk" someone.... but there has been evidence thrown out because a "pat frisk" lead to finding drugs say in a box of cigarettes. How can an officer justify he felt a box in the persons pants and feared a box of butts?

If it's not a lawful search, yes, the person might get arrested but everything found is thrown out... no matter what it is. Its called the fruit of the poison tree.
    Minnesota v. Dickerson clarifies the issue of contraband during a terry stop. The contraband can be admissible if it was found during the pat-down for a weapon. The contraband has to be "immediately apparent" to the officer. The officer cannot manipulate an individual's pocket to find contraband because doing so goes beyond a terry stop.

How can the contraband be "immediately apparent" to an officer? In court, the officer can claim that his/her experience (or training) led him/her to believe that it was contraband.

NYC is not what it used to be. Actually, it's gotten to be a haven for elitist pussies.

Nothing new here.

"That's what i thought you said."

Default Re: NYPD stop & frisk statistics (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinBoston View Post
    I forgot to add... that ITS NOT ROUTINE is ALL American cities. This article is a study of NYPD. Not Boston, LA, Miami or anywhere else. I have friends who work in those cities (except LA) and that is not a "common practice".
    standard police procedure.
    Not only here. The UK hired former NYPD chief William Bratton as consultant in order to implement the policy in London. They wanted him to run London PD but backed off because of potential public reaction towards a Yank foreigner in such a pivatal government position

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Never, facts don't lie nor show prejudice. The statistics I quoted were pulled from the "Race, Crime and Justice in America. The Color of Crime" full report available here: http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

Or use the U.S. Dept of Justice, "Bureau of Justice Statistics".
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict_v.htm
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

And I raise you this......

http://www.pen.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/952/prmID/1327

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

judge says "victims" of NYPD stop policy have a legitimate class action lawsuit against New York

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/op...and-frisk.html

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMike View Post
    If they dressed and acted like our black president they would not have been stopped or frisked.
    Dude nobody wants to wear a fucking suit and tie all day and night long. the shit is an oxymoron !!! You have the right to dress with a doo rag on, an army hat, wear a hoodie, jeans so forth. People shouldn't be frisked just because the way they are dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    judge says "victims" of NYPD stop policy have a legitimate class action lawsuit against New York

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/op...and-frisk.html
    GOOD!!! as well they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Well Blacks are 8 times more likely than whites to commit a crime, Hispanics are 3 times more likely. The police know these statistics, really no mystery or racism.

When they start stopping asians, we have a problem. Whites are 4 times more likely to commit a crime than an asian. (Lack of driving skills excluded)
    Since you said this, statistically who commit more crimes, African descent people or Caucasians?

I don't use the term black because I'm not black I am African descent and I never seen a white person in my life, it's all status classifications I know because I worked in law for many of years.

So don't answer as a black question answer it on an African descent vs Caucasian. thanks

When I worked in a building next to a Met Police security checkpoint in the City of London in the early 90s, during the time of all the IRA bombings, we used to wonder just how many black guys the London cops seemed to think could be members of the IRA. (Clue: the IRA, being Irish, never had any black members).

Sadly, that basic race bias is every bit as bad as ever in the UK, according to the stats.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    stop and frisks occur when cops question citizens who have done nothing outwardly suspicious to warrent police attention. Its routine LE proceedure in all American cities and happens every minute of the day, 24/7
    ]
    Actually, they have down something suspicious. It's a pre-requisite for a "terry stop". There has to be an articulate-able reason to frisk. It's done for the protection of the officer and only on the outside of the clothes in an area where the officer believes there to be a weapon. It's a search for weapons. This has been argued by great minds since 1968. Don't dumb it down for HA.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.