Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default NYPD stop & frisk statistics (2009)

stop and frisks occur when cops question citizens who have done nothing outwardly suspicious to warrent police attention. Its routine LE proceedure in all American cities and happens every minute of the day, 24/7

89% of citizens stopped by police in NYC for stop and frisks were nonwhites (black and hispanic/latina)
    per US census, nonwhites accounted for only about 50% of New York City's population.

yea, we gotta black president but we still have a ways to go as far as race is concerned

http://www.rand.org/pubs/testimonies...RAND_CT329.pdf

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

If they dressed and acted like our black president they would not have been stopped or frisked.

so if a black kid takes off his durag he won't fall into the 89% category?

Driving around in a fancy doesn't help any either. The police spotting the black driver automatically assume it's not his and that he stole it. (Blacks aren't wealthy - is the mind set)

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

fancy = fancy car

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

Correlation does not imply causation. I think most in NYC regardless of race would agree that most street crime is performed by non-whites. On the flip side, some of the most heinous crimes in history have taken place downtown in the Financial District. The difference is the latter is rarely prosecuted.

This is more of a class issue than race. I'd venture to say that these days at least half of new police officers are nonwhite.

I've only ever been felt up by New Jersey State Troopers and one court officer at Norfolk Superior in Boston.

Does the NYCPD at least have warmer hands?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Back in High School I was racially profiled in the 90s while in Washington Heights buying.........stuff

Too bad they pulled me over on my way in

Their assumptions based upon race were correct though. (I'm a pretty pale white guy)

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    Driving around in a fancy doesn't help any either. The police spotting the black driver automatically assume it's not his and that he stole it. (Blacks aren't wealthy - is the mind set)
    is the mind set or is the reality?

Fact is blacks who get a lot of money, spend a lot of money. If they're the only ones on the streets with expensive ass cars and look real young, what do you expect them to think. Don't be naive seriously, most blacks live in ghettos. GET OVER IT. The president is black, but was raised by a white family and was elected by white people. So whos the ones who are still racist now? Crecker this-cracker that, I never dropped the N bomb to any negro in my life. Funny how everyone wants to talk about race while being ignorant and naive as fuck!

Bye.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    Not unless they pop out a few more kids and score at the welfare line.

3.. 2.. 1.. Let the flaming begin..