Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CANADA

Default CANADA

CANADIAN.... Eh !

So, What Do We Canadians Have To Be Proud Of ?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

4. Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll , ON

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington .. We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied........ Go figure.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER. (We got clobbered in the odd battle but. prevailed in ALL the wars)

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get caught.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
    (That's more information than I need!)

19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis and the telephone. Also short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have coloured money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick ass {Incidently...so does our beer}

BUT MOST IMPORTANT !

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

OOOoohhhhh.... Canada !!

. Oh yeah... And our elections only take one day.

Pass this on if you are proud to be Canadian!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_fishin_270.jpg 
Views:	2054 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	239151  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

HA HA!

Seriously, one of these days I'm gonna visit Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal...in the summer. I want to go to Edmonton in the winter.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

I have to disagree with No's 4, 6, and 7 on your list.

While baseball has been widely regarded as America's (in reference to USA) past-time, its origins have been constantly disputed (everything from Rounders to Doubleday to Cartwright). The English, Canadians, and Americans all take part in its origin. But, overall, it is definitely more of an American thing.

Hockey was invented in Europe (most notably Holland, and eventually taking a firm hold in England during the early 1800s).

Although Naismith was a Canadian, basketball was invented and first played in the States (Mass.) And, once again, it is definitely more of an American thing.

I also disagree with a few other points, mainly because they are subjective and opinion oriented (and sick - 20).

However, even with my disagreements, there is nothing wrong with wanting to have a little pride in your country (non-violent of course). So Rock on Mr Canada.....

FYI - all Canadian teams have been eliminated from Stanley Cup contention.......Go Hawks!!!!

The answer is 42

Rookie Poster

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

ABSOLUTELY BOLLOCKS

The Shore Porters Society in Aberdeen, Scotland was founded in 1495 and IS the oldest recorded company IN THE WORLD and still in existance.

There have been more inventions by Scotsmen then from any other nation - BAR NONE

NEMO ME IMPUNNE LACESSIT

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

-Lacrosse is Native American and around long before "Canada"
    -Your Football Sucks! The Grey Cup? please
    -12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany--- i don't even need to say anything about this one!!
    -your beer sucks except Molson... come on moose head? labatts?
    -Apple pie? what? not Canadian or American the idea of baking fruit in a crust has been around for along time
    -Smarties are from england
    _Velcro was not invented in Canada it is swiss
    -penicillin was not invented in Canada
    -Mr. rogers if alive would crush Mrs dress up
    -Tim Horton's beats Dunkin' Donuts possibly but Tim Horton was a shitty driver and a depressed drunk of course he made good junk food
    -the jet ski was american invented and canadian made
    - the British burned DC not the Canadians and don't tell me its the same

But Canada is awesome these days who doesn't like North USA

Canada has one thing going for it, it has it big brother down below its' border to protect it. With out the US someone would have come over and kicked the shit out of them hosers, eh.
    And just like the little brother they are trying to claim what the big brother did and has. They just can not live up to or fill the shoes of the big brother.

Even though this isn't a petting zoo, you can still stroke my cock if you want.

If the zombie apocalypse happens in Vegas... will it stay in Vegas?

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    Canada has one thing going for it, it has it big brother down below its' border to protect it. With out the US someone would have come over and kicked the shit out of them hosers, eh.
    And just like the little brother they are trying to claim what the big brother did and has. They just can not live up to or fill the shoes of the big brother.

Just don't tell the Vietnamese, Grenadians, Somalis etc., etc., that - they will laugh their heads off. The last war the Americans ever won was the American Civil War - and that was a close run thing - could have gone either way. The Canadians would be better asking the Walrusses in the Artic to look after them. The Yankistanis are getting well gubbed in Iraq and Afghanistan against CIVILIANS !!!!!!!

DREAM ON

Rookie Poster

Default And....

The club for expatriot Canadian actresses living here in Los Angeles is called "The Beaver Club."

Quote Originally Posted by Kareninfife
    Quote Originally Posted by freak

Just don't tell the Vietnamese, Grenadians, Somalis etc., etc., that - they will laugh their heads off. The last war the Americans ever won was the American Civil War - and that was a close run thing - could have gone either way. The Canadians would be better asking the Walrusses in the Artic to look after them. The Yankistanis are getting well gubbed in Iraq and Afghanistan against CIVILIANS !!!!!!!

DREAM ON
    The US protects you, the English are the US allies.
    So go get the only thing that England has that is any good, a plate or fish and chips.
    The reason the US didn't "win" was because they failed to finish because of pressure from the allies.
    Did you forget WW1-2, with out the US you would be speaking Japanese or German right now.
    You also forgot to mention Desert Storm.
    I do believe Grenada was overtaken, Grenada isn't that the country that the UK lost control over in 1974? As for Somalia, that was a UN mission where the UK was involved but since the US is the power house they must except all responsibility for there allies incompetence (that is the UK).

Even though this isn't a petting zoo, you can still stroke my cock if you want.

If the zombie apocalypse happens in Vegas... will it stay in Vegas?

Veteran Poster

Pamela Anderson and Jim Carrey are probably the only worthwhile Canadian exports!

ceci n'est pas une signature.