Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are you ashamed of the US invasion of Iraq?

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, whose false claims that Saddam had biological weapons aided Bush's invasion, has died http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato...se-false-claim

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

I didn't support it. I didn't give the order to invade.

I don't have any shame anyway.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

That's a relief. But bush was right about one thing: Saddam WAS a danger but not militarily. He started pricing his crude in EUROS and not dollars. If he had not been swatted down other OPEC members may have followed suit eventully leading to the downfall of the dollar as the world's premier currency. Can't have that now can we? Now Venezuela and Iran are off the dollar. Others are talking about oil pricing by a basket of currencies or SDR's.

The petrodollar already ruined the currency. Propping that up was the chief reasoning behind the Nixon shock of '71 that unpegged everything.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

I have served four tours there and can say I am not embaressed in the least bit by what we have done and continue to do.

What I am embaressed of is the politicians in this country trying to fight a politically correct war and making some of the most honorable men I have ever met in my life out as a bunch of mindless, murrderous thugs.

Cynaide...living dead inside

Platinum Poster

So you voted for McCain? I'm guessing that you didn't vote for President Obama.

I'm a vet. No shame here. I also happen to be a vet who voted for Obama.

The idiotic thread title notwithstanding( we've come to expect no less of thxtinfoil), I'm one of the many current and former military who thinks the BushInc. folly was(and still remains) reprehensible and can't wait to see us leave Iraq.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

Iam most ashamed of my own country for taking us into the war in Iraq. And being complicit in giving Bush assistance in persuading his own people and leaders that the going into Iraq was the right thing to do.

People who say the UK was a puppy dog in this instance are very wrong if you know the character of Tony Blair. It was an exercise in his personal vanity to have Britain at the forfront of this 'spectacular'. Ie overthrowing a murderous dictator (which saddam was) and protect this country from WMD's (which was a lie). The Iraq war wasn't illegal, that is just a lie used by the left and other muppets but was strategically, tactically, and politically insane.

Then to crown things off once we had occupied Iraq with the Americans Blair allowed senior British Army officers to be dictated too by a bunch of incompetent yanks who had no clue about how to successfully occupy a country .We the British have much more experience, due to our colonial history . It was also insane to completely dismantle the residing Iraqi law enforcemen, government infrastructure and it's military.For example when the British first occupied it's section of Germany after WW2 , we kept under our control elements of the German Army and certain administrators to help us in Governing it. What with this and sending in our personnel with inaqdequate equipment he is personally responsible for needless deaths .

Arnie, you agree that the wmd baloney was a lie, but you also say the war wasn't illegal. If the Bush/Cheney gang lied to the American people and Congress in order to get backing to attack Iraq, how is that not illegal?

There seems to be a hell of a lot of info that indicates that is exactly what they did. Most recently, journalist Bob Windrem and former UN Weapon's Inspector Charles Duelfer accused Cheney of demanding the waterboarding of 'a high-ranking Iraqi, who was an intelligence officer for Saddam Hussein' to get him to admit an Iraq-Al Qaeda link. Duelfer did not agree to Cheney's suggestion, calling it "reprehensible", because
    'He believed the rationale for the order was political.'

(Of course, the real bombshell dropped by Windrem and Duelfer is that Cheney wanted to use torture not to stop an immanent threat, but to back up their own lies.) http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/node/28176/print The web is full of links to the story.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with my friend chefmike. The American people bear the ultimate responsibility for what our govt does. We let this happen.

Default Re: Are you ashamed of the US invasion of Iraq?