Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Islam

Rookie Poster

I'm ready for people to be done with religion already, let go of these bronze age beliefs, Yes it is engrained into our culture, but I was an every sunday christian when I was a kid, then I did something smart I opened a science book, became a physics major looked at the universe and how it actually came into being its about a million times more complex than the bibles explanation, enjoy your life, dont base your morals and beliefs around some made up story from 2000 years ago. Just wasting your time arguing about imaginary things that don't exist. Man does not know what will happen after we die and we don't know what made the universe, We do know it came from one central point a solid point of matter "a big bang" where everything has been expanding for hundreds of billions of years" but what caused that matter to exist is a mystery, and a God isn't an excuse for it, thats just as silly as the Greeks belief in Zeus and his power to create lightning, Zeus doesn't create lightning, we know a scientific explanation for it, there is a logical explanation of everything in the universe, religion is silly and outdated.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    And the walls of Jericho came tumblin' down,
    tumblin' down,
    tumblin' dow-ow-ow-owwwn.
    Or somethin' like that.

Guess that's means i'm naked before you! (smirk)

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Junior Poster

Extremism in any religion can be a dodgey but religion as most of us know or will find out is an essential part of our society whether we like it or not or whether we use it or not. Churches in our area are teaching duality- taking science and christianity into perspective....
    I wont dwell on the biblical side of things but the amount of support that the church gives it members and even others that arent members is amazing. We had a house fire 8 years back and lost nearly everything and the Salvation army were there to clothe us, feed us and found us temp accom. I will never ever forget that! The sense of community or being in a sort of extended family in a church is so important, we have a word in our country called 'awhi' which means 'to support' or kinship- which can be lost in large sprawling cities where you feel like a small fish in a big sea!

Quote Originally Posted by trish

It seems to me one gets better moral instruction from reading the deliberate ambiguities in Plato’s Republic than from reading any of the pretentious writings in the Judeo/Christian/Islamic tradition that inevitably presume (while denying it) to know every detail of God’s will.
    That's lovely.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMath
    Quote Originally Posted by 10th letter
    bullshit, the proportion of extremists in islam isnt comparable to other western religion because they havent had their reformation yet...judaism and xianity have and therefore the nutjobs in those faiths are kept under wraps for the most part by the moderate majority...
    Hahaha, obviously you've never heard of Pat Robertson.
    hahaha, obviously youve never heard of the word "proportion"

Default Survey: churchgoers more likely to back torture

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Default Mormon leader advocates overthrow of US government

because of the gay marriage issue: http://www.americablog.com/2009/04/m...-advocate.html

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Rookie Poster

Why isn't this topic under I don't know.. Politics and RELIGION?

Platinum Poster

HEY YOU GUYS...

As great as it is to spew judgemental comments and all, its cool to sometimes be knowldgeable about issues before you speak on them.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Went-Wron...1140742&sr=8-1

An awesome book i've read, and sometimes go back to is
    What Went Wrong?
    The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East.
    By Bernard Lewis

It explains a lot. I think it could help people to almost feel pity for many Middle-Eastern Islamic people.
    The mindset that is indoctrinated into every one of them from birth through death is often inescapable . While it doesnt excuse radical and violent Muslims, it does explain how many become that way. its rather sad.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by djsammyjay
    I'm ready for people to be done with religion already, let go of these bronze age beliefs, Yes it is engrained into our culture, but I was an every sunday christian when I was a kid, then I did something smart I opened a science book, became a physics major looked at the universe and how it actually came into being its about a million times more complex than the bibles explanation, enjoy your life, dont base your morals and beliefs around some made up story from 2000 years ago. Just wasting your time arguing about imaginary things that don't exist. Man does not know what will happen after we die and we don't know what made the universe, We do know it came from one central point a solid point of matter "a big bang" where everything has been expanding for hundreds of billions of years" but what caused that matter to exist is a mystery, and a God isn't an excuse for it, thats just as silly as the Greeks belief in Zeus and his power to create lightning, Zeus doesn't create lightning, we know a scientific explanation for it, there is a logical explanation of everything in the universe, religion is silly and outdated.
    -i like this guy^