Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default San Francisco's Diva's: Who's Been There Recently?

I'll be visiting the bay area in the near future, and plan to pay Diva's a visit on either a Friday or Saturday night, and I was just wondering if any member here has been to this TS club recently (within the last six months or so) and what your experiences were like there -- in other words, a review of the place.

A friend of mine, who resides in the bay, area has primed me for my visit there being he won't be in town during my sojourn to provide a personal tour, so I was just wondering what others here think of the place. How does it compare, for example, to the erstwhile Peanuts -- which I liked -- from West Hollywood?

Your thoughts, experiences, caveats, of the club, etc.???

(Don't make me turn to Yelp. )

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Junior Poster

Last trip was in February, went on Thursday & Friday nites. Thursdays have a show upstairs with pole dancers, don't recall there being a show either upstairs or downstairs on the Friday nite (there was a show downstairs the previous time I was there on a Friday).

There was mostly socializing, no dance club vibe the way Peanuts was. More asian girls than not. Of course it's mostly working girls, no problem finding a date. Neighborhood ain't the best, but felt reasonably safe walking around late at nite, mostly homeless people who are no threat. Don't know where you're staying, but you can find lodging from Holiday Inn to Motel 6 to a variety of roach motels within walking distance.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack
    Last trip was in February, went on Thursday & Friday nites. Thursdays have a show upstairs with pole dancers, don't recall there being a show either upstairs or downstairs on the Friday nite (there was a show downstairs the previous time I was there on a Friday).

There was mostly socializing, no dance club vibe the way Peanuts was.
    Thanks, Lumberjack.

How does it compare in size to the former Peanuts? So since there is no "dance vibe", is the club basically a larger version of the back room at Peanuts with people just milling around playing pool, etc? Aren't there any girls performing or dancing?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    How does it compare in size to the former Peanuts? So since there is no "dance vibe", is the club basically a larger version of the back room at Peanuts with people just milling around playing pool, etc? Aren't there any girls performing or dancing?
    I was there last February as well...on Wednesday and Thursday night (didn't go Friday because I was hanging with friends).

It was like the back room at Peanuts...lots of socializing and such. A fairly good amount of girls were there...mostly Asian. There were a few Latinas there, as well as one Black girl (Mika). Wednesday night is Schoolgirl Night, where the girls dress in costume and perform. I sat by the bar until my buddy (who is from LA and was visiting SF as well) got there. We then both sat at one of the tables near where the girls perform. I'll never forget Jessica literally getting on the table and dancing in front of us...topless. Shit like that never happened at Peanuts.

Almost no one was at the first floor bar when I went. Everyone was upstairs. Not that that's a bad thing; if you want to talk to a girl but don't want the private dance, that's the place to be at.

The pool table is on the third (actually fourth) floor, and is only open on Fridays and Saturdays...unless you want a private dance with on of the girls on Wed/Thur. That's where I fell in lust with Jessica. Only video would be able to describe how good it was.

All in all, I had a good time. Not as many people that would be at Cobra on a good night (or Peanuts), but I still had fun.

I do remember the last time I went on a Friday. I went for a drive (after picking up my car from the garage on Geary St.) When I made that left onto Sutter St off of Larkin, there were girls EVERYWHERE. I didn't pick up on any of them though; I'm an out-of-towner...and they knew that since I had on my Dodgers cap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_7a1e74de8fb0cdc7726cbb5b372b7bc1_207.jpg 
Views:	1623 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	236256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_701b63c7a56f86cb85e68efb63e3e268_598.jpg 
Views:	1621 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	236257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caps_pic_751.jpg 
Views:	1624 
Size:	361.4 KB 
ID:	236258  

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Gold Poster

So, Willie, does this second floor have a dance floor for patrons, or is it set up (stage?) primarily for the girls to do their thing? All the pics from the website have women dancing pole -- is this the third floor?

By the way, why all the confusion over whether it is the third or forth floor?

I was in Diva's in December. I went both Friday and Saturday. It is super easy to get a date there, and some of the women were exquisite. I even ran into two girls I'd fucked the day before and that morning. They were both really friendly and I almost ended up going with the first one for a second round (her name is Samantha, she's usually on eros-sf, and she's a great lay. Lives across the street from the club).
    The downstairs, the nights I was there, had more drag queen types, and some very old looking working girls. Upstairs Jennifer Paris was working her magic on the pole. People were dancing in front of her, mostly tgirls in 2s and 3s, but also a m/f couple.
    Diva's was nothing like my experience at Peanuts back in 96-2000. Much less of a dance club, as has been said. Also, Santa Monica Blvd. in West LA is a much less dangerous feeling neighborhood. The tenderloin in SF is always hinky. But it really gets bad a couple of blocks toward Hyde. The Polk St. side of things isn't so bad. Mostly immigrants, young people. If you're a city person it's no big deal. But don't try to walk back toward the Powell St. area through the Loin. That gets really scary.
    Have fun!

Junior Poster

So, Willie, does this second floor have a dance floor for patrons, or is it set up (stage?) primarily for the girls to do their thing? All the pics from the website have women dancing pole -- is this the third floor?

By the way, why all the confusion over whether it is the third or forth floor?
    The dancing pole is on the second floor, there is a dj next to the stage, but no one ever dances (other than the pole dancers). Don't know why?

The third floor has the pool table and another bar, not many people hang out there. Don't know why there is confusion over the floor numbers. BTW, I don't know where the dancers take patrons for private dances, maybe that's where the elusive floor is.

Gold Poster

Thanks Lumberjack, Willie, and Rocklob. I think I am getting a better "feel" for it now.
    It's generally best that one have a trusted friend to serve as a "guide" when venturing into an unfamiliar venue in an unfamiliar city so to show one the ropes, but my friend will be out of town and won't be able to do it this time. I'll manage.

So like the former Peanuts, it's basically get there at a time early enough to land a booth -- on the second floor in this case -- and watch the "show" arrive, right?

One more question: Is it better to drive to Diva's(Is there parking there?), or should one opt for a cab?

Junior Poster

Thanks Lumberjack, Willie, and Rocklob. I think I am getting a better "feel" for it now.
    It's generally best that one have a trusted friend to serve as a "guide" when venturing into an unfamiliar venue in an unfamiliar city so to show one the ropes, but my friend will be out of town and won't be able to do it this time. I'll manage.

So like the former Peanuts, it's basically get there at a time early enough to land a booth -- on the second floor in this case -- and watch the "show" arrive, right?

One more question: Is it better to drive to Diva's(Is there parking there?), or should one opt for a cab?
    Not really booths on the second floor, there's cushioned bench seating along the walls with some small tables in one corner, there are two person tables with seats in the dance pole area. There's a half size bar with about 10 seats. If you want to plant yourself in one spot you can, but I like to move around, go either up or downstairs to check out what's happening.

For parking, there is street parking and a lot nearby. I seem to recall this being discussed on redbook, go the ts section of the message boards and search for Divas, every 5th post is about Divas.

http://www.sf-redbook.com/

Gold Poster

Thanks, Lumberjack. The tips you and the other two have dispensed has been invaluable. I also plan to attend AsiaSF, which I've heard nice things about; not sure about what night I'll do the latter.

So what's the best spot to simply watch the girl's arrive and dance, the cushion seats along the wall you mentioned? Is the dancing simply impromptu, or is there an "mc" introducing the girls as they take to the pole?

If I'm asking a lot of silly specific questions, it's primarily for a good reason: I'll be taking a straight friend who's never been to a TS bar. I have a feeling he might be uptight -- as I was my first time visiting Peanuts -- so I'm looking for all the ways I can to "soften" the angst I'm sure he'll experience. He's the type who doesn't like attention as it is, thus why I want to be careful. You know, baby steps. ...I'll certainly move around. It's him that I'm concerned with.