Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Is it no longer cool to just be white or black?

Okay, i'm 1/2 dominican and 1/2 black and can trace it back to my immediate parents yet I often just say i'm black because when the world looks at me that's what they see, a black man.

however, i've noticed that more and more girls are saying they are 1/4th this, 1/2 that, 1/8th this...it's starting to get a little silly.

especially because i have homegirls i've happened to grow up with who both parents are black as midnight and they happen to be a little lighter w/ a curl in they hair and the first thing she says to guys is "i'm 1/2 black, 1/2 brazilian (or dominican, or puerto rican, or indian, or white, or...u get my point)

is it uncool to just be black or white now days?

Yeah, i'm looking at your titties.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Try living in Hawaii where EVERYONE states they're "Hawaiian-Korean-Scottish-Chinese-Samoan-Norwegian-Japanese-Filipino-mix"
    Or some variation.
    seanchai

Well, let's see: I'm about 5/16 German, 1/4 English, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/8 Scots and 1/16 American Indian (Penobscot)...does that add up? Plus there's more in the mix. No black or Asian, but with the Indian not pure Caucasian stock either.

Default Re: Is it no longer cool to just be white or black?

Quote Originally Posted by Man Fuck It
    is it uncool to just be black or white now days?
    Yes it is. Im no longer black or white....I'm grey! It's all the rage!

Rookie Poster

I think we all need to understand that we're all GREY in this country! Very few "pure breads" left.

I'm American, I know it's not a race and I can't say I'm truly "proud" to be an American right now, I will never deny it. By way of heirtage I am an Ameircan of Irish and German(ic) descent.

Gonna draw some fire from someone for that
    i'm sure!

No really, I'm grey, older and experienced.

Rookie Poster

Why would you care what other people think is cool or not? As long as you feel you are cool that's all that matters. Don't change yourself or your image of yourself just because how others behave. "Black," "White", "Grey", "American", "Irish", "German", "Hawaiian",.... these are merely labels don't mean anything if you don't identify with its cultural meanings. On the other hand some people are really fucked up when they become obsessed with their labels.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Default It's just a preference thing...

Some people are very proud of being one thing while others are proud of being a mix of lots of different things. Maybe some people are afraid of admitting something in their background, so they omit it.

I can say that I'm Chinese/German/Portuguese, but the fact is I'm mostly Chinese and I look Chinese and I was born in America (Brooklyn, NY), which might not be so obvious to a lot of Americans who've never seen a Chinese person before (yes, there are some who never have).

Tgirllover's right, there are very few purebreds left. I was looking at a Chinese friend of mine the other day and she has these majorly big lips like Sade and she said to me she thought my lips look small (they aren't)! So, there's more mixing going on than most people would care to admit.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Yes it is. Im no longer black or white....I'm grey! It's all the rage!
    No really, I'm grey, older and experienced.

Rookie Poster

I think you`re cool when you`re proud of being what you are (that is whether you`re white, black, yellow, red , gray or whatever). There is something very cool and sexy about every culture and origin, if you look at it.

I`m 100% french from the Champagne province, nothing especially fancy about my origins, yet I`m very proud of being what I am ( a whitey), and I`m also proof that us whiteys have got big dicks too (mine`s 9 1/2 inches, that`s good enough for me) .