Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teeth.

Veteran Poster

Default Teeth.

Dental Care

What is up with this? Curious as to everyone's opinion on importance level and priority level. I for one am some what fanatical about myself, and appreciate the same in others. What strikes me as odd is that there are girls that are in the process of, or have transitioned, and are obviously vain, and are spending thousands of dollars, euros, baht, or whatever on getting to their vision of a perfect body but they still have jacked up horrible teeth. The price to fix a hacked up grill is significantly less than many other procedures, but yet one of the first things noticed on a person, so why not have it taken care of as soon as possible?

Any thoughts?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

I totally agree. A nice smile is often overlooked for big breast implants. The funny thing is a lot of people might not know that nice teeth might require more money than new boobs.

Default Re: Teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by trannybanger
    Dental Care

What is up with this? Curious as to everyone's opinion on importance level and priority level. I for one am some what fanatical about myself, and appreciate the same in others. What strikes me as odd is that there are girls that are in the process of, or have transitioned, and are obviously vain, and are spending thousands of dollars, euros, baht, or whatever on getting to their vision of a perfect body but they still have jacked up horrible teeth. The price to fix a hacked up grill is significantly less than many other procedures, but yet one of the first things noticed on a person, so why not have it taken care of as soon as possible?

Any thoughts?
    Some people just have bad teeth from being unlucky.

Dental care isn't something all families have, so its not that abnormal for someone who obviously needed braces, to have their family not get it for them when they were young. It's one of those things were the longer its put off, the more work, time, and money it could take to fix it.

Then sometimes dental care itself carries risks that can create problems. Like braces carry a risk of weakening the teeth to the point of causing chips & cracks, a dentist who doesn't know what the hell he's doing can cause someone major problems.

Then there are all those self destructive things people do which hurt their teeth; drinking too much coke (coke is very close chemically to the abrasive they use on teeth before fixing cavities, it will erode your enamel off entirely if consumed in excess), smoking, chewing tabacco, etc.

I almost didn't get braces when I was little, I had literally just had them put in when my parents split and in court my dad tried to get them removed because he didn't want to have to pay for it (never was close to my dad). The judge was like, "are you fucking kidding me? You signed the contract 3 months ago, you can't change your mind now just b/c you're getting a divorce." So they stayed in, and that was that.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Just my opinion, and please don't hate me for saying this Sarah, but your dad sounds like a first class dick for trying to get away with not paying for your braces.

Quote Originally Posted by kalina
    Just my opinion, and please don't hate me for saying this Sarah, but your dad sounds like a first class dick for trying to get away with not paying for your braces.
    People do stupid things when they think they've been hurt or attacked.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Veteran Poster

True, some people do have bad teeth just for being unlucky. But at the same time, being born into a body you don't believe is meant for you wouldn't exactly be considered a stroke of fortune either. And dental care is something most families actually don't have easy access to.

I agree, braces, dental reconstruction, crowns, whatever it may be can be very expensive. But so are many other surgical procedures if done well. So is the cost directly relegated to the importance? When the decision is made to start putting thousand of dollars into you body, should teeth be high on the list?

I don't lecture 20 somethings about dental care anymore so I'll make this brief. I kno youngns who go years without seeing a dentist cuz their teeth look good and they have no symptoms but u will regret that when you hit your 40's or early 50's.
    everything goes wrong at once and the pain and expense is as bad as any serious health issue you could have. when the dentist looks in your mouth and asks when the last time you've seen a dentist, that's not a good thing

The scary thing is it only costs $80 to $85 for a yearly dental cleaning and that's without any dental insurance. In my company, dental insurance costs as much as medical. For some odd reason, some people just don't place dental work as high up on their lists as medical stuff. I guess with medical, you get more bang for the buck.

I believe a filling costs $160. That's cheap. It's the crowns and stuff that cost a hell of a lot.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Teeth.

Dental Care

Any thoughts?
    Dental Care

Any thoughts?
    I completely agree with you! I believe that a real transexual woman should start by at least 2yrs of hormone therapy, psychological therapy, and before breast and hips...FFS! (including teeth)
    As well as invest in some type of professional certificate/diploma/training/degree...since intelligence/brains and acquired skills last longer than physical beauty and youth!