Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by trannybanger
    True, some people do have bad teeth just for being unlucky. But at the same time, being born into a body you don't believe is meant for you wouldn't exactly be considered a stroke of fortune either. And dental care is something most families actually don't have easy access to.

I agree, braces, dental reconstruction, crowns, whatever it may be can be very expensive. But so are many other surgical procedures if done well. So is the cost directly relegated to the importance? When the decision is made to start putting thousand of dollars into you body, should teeth be high on the list?
    If I were to take a guess its because stuff like implants, trach shaves, ffs come off to some as more urgent. If you can't pass, that's going to impact your day to day life far more than having yellow, crooked teeth.

At my job in highschool there were a couple middle aged transitioners who would come in every few months, don't know their stories, never talked to them- but it was obvious that everything they did in public was different because of how unpassable they were. Simply walking into a retail store and everyone would stare, make comments, laugh etc- from the moment they entered the store to the moment they left. I am sure if someone gave them a choice between getting their teeth fixed (straightening, caps, crowns, whitening, the works) or getting FFS for free- they'd pick FFS.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

I agree. I have seen some otherwise pretty girls with some of the worst teeth I have ever seen!

Now Hazel's one out of place tooth is cute
    as hell, but an entire rack out of alignment
    is another story completely.

Professional Poster

I agree that teeth should be ON the list, but not very high. Bad teeth won't keep you from much, but looking like a man in a dress will.
    That said, there are some girls (one stands out in my mind), that have done a wonderful job with the rest, BUT NOW IT'S TIME TO SPEND SOME MONEY ON DENTAL WORK. I've met my share of beautiful chicks who open that mouth and ruin it all! Always beware of girls with alotta pics, but none of them show her smile!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Go to a dental school near you, they will be longer in cost, and in some
    instances free.

Another option is to have your dental work outside of the United states.

Be true to your teeth, and they won't be false to you.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: Teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn
    I completely agree with you! I believe that a real transexual woman should start by at least 2yrs of hormone therapy, psychological therapy, and before breast and hips...FFS! (including teeth)
    As well as invest in some type of professional certificate/diploma/training/degree...since intelligence/brains and acquired skills last longer than physical beauty and youth!
    I agree with you.

Make sure that the foundation and inside of your house is as stable,
    and attractive as the outside.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn

-Quinn
    Wot yer trying to say?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fukwitz001_775.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	235454  

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Veteran Poster

I agree with most of the comments so far, but don't agree that you won't be discriminated against severely for how your teeth look.

Everyone notices your teeth and your smile. Regardless of whether you are trans or not, man or woman, if your teeth are really bad, you will be discriminated against. I think for a lot of people, because it is so in your face, they see it as symbolic as how you take care of everything else. Can anyone really truly have inner confidence and be happy with a jacked up grill?

Truly, I am talking about women that do not look like a man in a dress, I am talking more about those that have done everything else but neglected the importance of dental work, or put it behind for implants, lips, silicone injections or whatever else. And really, if they are passing and stunning and beautiful but have a messed up mouth, how is that received? Is it something people can overlook?

Why should we all have bloody grave yards for mouths?
    I mean would you kick Kristen Kreuk out of bed?

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

Rookie Poster

I saw this one and just had to comment.

I have really crooked teeth by nature. My mother has them, my nephew has them, they are in the family. This is in spite of bushing and flossing religiously all my life. I just have a small mouth and big teeth.

So they came in crooked. My mother like I said has crooked teeth she never got them braced. She grew up in the projects in Saint Louis and said to me "I'll tell you what my mother told me, grow up get a job and pay for the braces yourself."* Then she took vacations by herself to Cancun, Alaska and Brazil... sacrificing just one would have bought me braces. But from her perspective she's lived her whole life with crooked teeth and it's not a big deal if you are used to them.

A second point is I have had breast implants, and I am in the process of getting my teeth fixed.. I have been for two years. I had to have five root canals and get two teeth capped and crowned that cost about $3000 and was more painful than breast surgery itself. That was a couple of years ago. It involves being awake while the dentist scrapes drills and fills your mouth repeatedly with disgusting tasting fluids and such... Now that mama is getting old and I have said I'll put her in a crooked nursing home, where she has worked and pissed people off...she ponied up and helped pay the $5000 that the braces alone have cost me. That's matter of principal to me, had we been really poor I would feel different. Just getting the brackets on was an ordeal... next I am going to have four front teeth pulled to make some room. Then latter I am going to have to have oral surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed that'll likely cost another $2000 by itself.... that's $10000 begged borrows and whored for just to get my teeth worked on!... Then the actual treatment takes two years if all goes to plan!

My final point is that as a person with crooked teeth and now a metal mouth there is not a prejudice against crooked (but otherwise healthy) teeth in most people. There is however a prejudice against people who don't smile which is well documented by anthropologist. Take a look at the following pictures... which one looks better? Honestly?

*My father's practice of medicine was already suffering because at the time though we did not know it he has already lost most of his vision he is now legally blind. He could not help me given what he was dealing with. What is Sara say about being unlucky? Oh why did my Irish ancestors have to give me actual Irish luck?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04212009004_921.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	236059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04212009002_400.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	236060  

Brendaqg is back

Rookie Poster

Scroll down for the answer

If everything I know (which is not allot) about the science of beauty...from watching doccumentaries on TV A smiling mouth full of metal and crooked teeth (not just teeth that are cutely a little off kilter but I man real baboon teeth like mine.) Is still more attractive than the same face not smiling.

When I sit for pictures I have to actively remind myself to smile. It does not come naturally because I become self conscious of them. It is a bad habit I am trying to break.

Brendaqg is back