Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default What you've learned...

Esquire Magazine has a section called “What I’ve Learned”. It is basically celebrities, political figures and other personalities reflecting on the things life has taught them. I am curious as to what you guys have learned to this point in your lives. List a few. I will start us off...

1. It is very easy to be prejudiced against groups of people. It is nearly impossible to be prejudiced against an individual.

2. Being short in stature is not the hindrance some make it out to be. Being short on personality however, is hard to overcome.

3. Keep a pen and paper handy when listening to the radio. You never know what gems you will be reminded of and need to download... Then prepare to delete over 75% of them. Hearing “Rapper’s Delight” one time is pretty much enough.

4. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it can be anything due to Photoshop.

Clark - No glasses

I'm the devil on your shoulder!

Professional Poster

I think I learned this one... trust no one.

I say I think because I'm very trusting and I'm trying to reprogram myself. It's difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycanuck
    I think I learned this one... trust no one.

I say I think because I'm very trusting and I'm trying to reprogram myself. It's difficult.
    +1 ... How hard is to get to that point, sigh

Love ...
    Cinthya.

"I used to dream, it became a reality. Now the reality it feels like a dream..." You are who you truly believe you are, I am now the one my mirror reflected .

Among many things, I've learned that physical beauty ain't everything. As campy and cliché as it sounds, a fantastic personality can make a not so attractive person... attractive. At least to some degree.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

I can't do plumbing. I burn my fingers.

What? You wanted something all metaphysical, like?

I'll get back to you.

Silver Poster

Still tongues can't tell lies ( some wine-o in front of a liquor store told me that about 8 years ago)

Lifemember

Quote Originally Posted by jjhill
    Still tongues can't tell lies ( some wine-o in front of a liquor store told me that about 8 years ago)
    Haha... winos, the corner sages.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhill
    Haha... winos, the corner sages.
    gotta love them lol

Lifemember

Yeah, I'm not very trusting of people myself can't really ever remember myself being the kind of person to trust others or at least not be skeptical of it.

Another thing I've learned is to not try to please everyone (not just because it's impossible but because it leaves you miserable) and not to worry what others think of you.

Don't stress over things that are out of your control. I've always been a laidback person so this is less of something I've learned and more of a mindset I've always had.

On that note, don't get your hopes up about things that are out of your control either.

Carry a camera on me at all times because the best pictures I take are the ones I don't plan on taking.

That's all I've got for now.

Those who anger you control you

I Love music, any kind of music ~ The O'Jays

Silver Poster

its a recession when its your neighbor, its a depression when its you. I heard that from my pops

Lifemember