Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by stephenward
    "Furthermore, his right to his opinion is a Constitutional one in the US"

Not to nitpick, but this is not true. Nowhere in the Bill of Rights is it written that someone has the right to their opinion.

The closest you may come to that conclusion is in the First Amendment which states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The implication is that you are free to speak, which presumably includes your opinion. However, the courts have ruled that this is not absolute. For example, you may not yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre without consequence.
    I was actually going to amend what I said to "a right to state an opinion since this is part of a person's right to freedom of speech protected under your Bill of Rights," but did not because it sounded excessively nit-picky, and also because there was a clear likelihood that the morons I was addressing would misunderstand such constructions.

This does not compromise the substance of what I said-- M1 has a right to his opinion--it is an effective defence against claims of defamation-- and, under your Bill of Rights, to express it, "wilful or reckless attempts to cause injury" excepted. He may not, however, state that something is factually correct when it is not and if he does he may find himself being sued, if that statement leads to an actual loss or damage to another party.

This particular dichotomy-- a person's right to state an OPINION, and the the right to redress if someone or something is FACTUALLY misrepresented, and this causes actual damage to that person's well-being or reputation, is frequently confused, as here. Furthermore, courts have repeatedly held that how a defamation is published is relevant, so if an expert in a particular field says "I am certain that," in a learned paper, this is much more likely to be defamatory (if untrue) than a lay person saying the same thing down the pub, since the expert is much more likely to be believed, and for a defamation to hold it must be "a plausible interpretation." Also the lay person cannot be presumed to have the in-depth knowledge that an expert would and is therefore, de facto, stating his opinion. This is relevant because M1 cannot reasonably be expected to know whether the people he was referring to have been tested or not; even without his "almost certain" caveat, it's still pretty much just his opinion.

Similarly, insults and name-calling are not defamatory since they are de facto an expression of an opinion, which is a legitimate defence. So if I say that you are a "nit-picking shite," you cannot sue me for defamation on the grounds that some people might actually believe that you are a piece of excrement, and this is injurious to your estimable reputation, since it is obvious to anyone that you are not in fact such a thing; it is just an insult, which may be provocative but is not defamatory.

I think. (Get out of jail card.)

But I'm not a lawyer, merely a writer. So I will not be charging you $500 for the above. But I have had to have my share of stories legalled over the years, so I do know something about this.

Any chance we could look at some girls now?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    Quote Originally Posted by keepingitreal470
    HOLD THE FUCK UP!!!! Magicone, Mac, and whoever the fuck u motherfuckers call yourselves. Madison is a very close friend of mine. What gives you the right to come here and try to slander her? Who the fuck do you think you are? I've seen every last one of her vids and she uses condoms in all of them. I also happen to know that she does have her own screening and testing process, and most of the men in her vids are used over and over. She has a small group of men that appear in her vids and she knows them well. Low quality? Please. A certain member here posts links to all of her youtube vids that are lower in quality than Madison's vids. Point here is, if something offends you that much, DONT WATCH IT JACKASS! And dont give you comments on shit you know nothing about. She has a legal team that could sue your fucking ass for what you posted here. Think before you type fucking cocksucker!!!!!
    That right there is a lie I have a BB video of her in it.

IDK y people get all riled up over shit like this. These morals and all this shit needs to really GTFO. It's is people choice to go in her and shoot these films. Now as long as deception isn't being used why should anybody care who shoots BB and who doesn't. Ya'll sound like sum of these bullshit politicians running around tryin to run other people lives.
    CO-SIGN

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    CO-SIGN
    Fuck off, you repulsive piece of shit.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    CO-SIGN
    Fuck off, you repulsive piece of shit.
    Sorry. Didn't know the word co-sign was repulsive.
    You're the type of idiot that gets guys mad enough to threaten physical violence over the internet. But I'm not foolish and you are not of any significance to stir up any type of emotions what so ever.
    For the halfway intelligent folk here, and I know there are few, the original topic is NO different than smoking!!! People are told time and time again that smoking CAN cause lung cancer and lead to death, but some people still smoke. Some even call it their right to smoke.
    If you don't get all sanctimonious about smokers, who put everyone in their general vicinity at risk, it is extremely hypocritical to cry about folks bare backing with people YOU AREN"T SLEEPING WITH.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

The fact this entered your head when fantasising scares me.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.