Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Never dated a TG. But if I did, I don't think it would bother all too much. I don't expect people to a flawless diamond. So long as she loves me, and doesn't have bad breath(sorry that is my biggest turn off). I'm okay with her not looking 100% passable. That's all there really is to it.

Memories don't live like people do.....

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Thank you everyone for all the great advice.

Part of the reason why I posted the topic last night was because I'd just got home from a date with a girl who just transitioned last year. She's extremely intelligent, but she wore heels that made her my height (6'4"). She wanted to visit a popular restaurant and I was happy to take her there.

It was her first time going out with a guy post-transition, and she was noticeably nervous and spacey, I sensed that, and it rubbed off on me.

Previously, I've gone on a bunch of other dates (and had relationships) with tgirls who were more passable and I really didn't care/notice as much, if at all.

Anyways, it was a little stressful, more than I thought or than I've experienced in the past.

I ignored the stares (and she commented on them too), I did my absolute best to be resolute (which I was), but it was a slightly odd experience.

Its nice to hear that other people have gone through the thing, and its true, the only option is to ignore other people, and focus your attention on her.

Most of the girls to respond to this post are very beautiful and that goes along way, in social circumstances.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Very cool Alyssa. Any room in the Philippines for me?

Quote Originally Posted by astridgirl
    Alyssa

Its interesting cross culturally how many react. I did a graduate paper in a Gender and Human Sexuality class looking at cross cultural treatment and history of the Third gender when I was in College actually but first hand experience is always wonderful to hear about.

I have always wanted to visit Southeast Asia and the Philippines and now there are more reasons to go.

Cheers

Astrid
    I would really love to read it, if you don't mind.
    PS. "Not the prettiest gurl?" YOU ARE STUNNING!!!

Gold Poster

I think it is kind if laughable that someone would sacrifice a person who they have feelings for and care about over total strangers, people shouldn't let society dictate who they care about.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    I think it is kind if laughable that someone would sacrifice a person who they have feelings for and care about over total strangers, people shouldn't let society dictate who they care about.
    I'm in awe of your worldly experience You must be every trannys dream date

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Whatever... thanks for your (usual) awesome insight Legend

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt
    I'm in awe of your worldly experience You must be every trannys dream date

You must don't get out much if you think that is "worldly experience" but from all your stupid random polls and threads that probably is the case.I've never dated a transgender women nor have i claimed to but i've dated before and i usually don't care what other people think about me or the person i'm with, i'm not like you i don't give a crap what other people think about me.Besides if your dating someone who you are embarrassed to be with in public why are you dating that person in the first place.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75
    Whatever... thanks for your (usual) awesome insight Legend

No problem but next time when you're with someone try to focus on them and not the total strangers around you.

5 Star Poster

^^^^^^^^^

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	get_real_907.gif 
Views:	379 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	233537  

Junior Poster

I like all the positivity in this thread - it's refreshing.

For what it's worth, I've been picking my nose the whole time i've been reading, and I don't care who thinks what.

:P

I feel the music.