Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I own a CRX and I would LOVE to have the B18 series engine that came in the old Integra GSR installed in it. With a potential for well over 200hp out of that engine, mounted in a car that weights less than 2500lbs the biggest problem would be keeping the tires connected to the pavement.

As a matter of fact it was a 2cd Gen CRX like mine with just that engine that was the first front wheel drive car to break the 9 second quarter mile. The solution used to get the power to the pavement with that car was to place wheelie bars at the back of it to keep it from squatting so much on takeoff.

I'd love to have a car like that to go Camero and Mustang hunting. It would be great to watch the look on some assholes face when "that bitch in that little mouse car" blew his doors off.

Ashlee

Gender is defined between your ears, not between your legs!

Junior Poster

Default Re: Hybrids................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    No not the fuel misers

Some dudes were talking about engine swaps, such as an LS-1 into an RX-7

I've seen an LS-1 in an E36 Bimmer and it was beautiful

what's your favorite hybrid?

personally I'd take a wrecked ZR-1 engine & tranny (hehe) and swap it into a bimmer with a supercharger, that would be a fun ride

Suunds nice but no need ...Just pop a Dinan supercharger on and you could be getting 625 hp on an M5 motor ...or even better Switch the motor out with one of these

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

LS1 swap with a tranny into an E36: $12k

M5 swap with a tranny into an E36:$25k

nuff said

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by msbhaven
    Well I own a CRX and I would LOVE to have the B18 series engine that came in the old Integra GSR installed in it. With a potential for well over 200hp out of that engine, mounted in a car that weights less than 2500lbs the biggest problem would be keeping the tires connected to the pavement.

As a matter of fact it was a 2cd Gen CRX like mine with just that engine that was the first front wheel drive car to break the 9 second quarter mile. The solution used to get the power to the pavement with that car was to place wheelie bars at the back of it to keep it from squatting so much on takeoff.

I'd love to have a car like that to go Camero and Mustang hunting. It would be great to watch the look on some assholes face when "that bitch in that little mouse car" blew his doors off.

Ashlee
    Firstly a GSR will not make 200hp. stock.......
    Potential is numerous. but the block is bullshit.Id much rather take a type R block which I wont ever get or a LS block. VTEC head of course.....
    GSR is a POS FYI LSVTEC shits on gsr and that weakass crankshaft. I only say from personal experience with these engines....Watchout JW will call u a ricer Him and his crout fcker ass -_- Had to bud....germans-crouts ricers-FAST AND FURIOUS 0_0

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Junior Poster

LS1 swap with a tranny into an E36: $12k

M5 swap with a tranny into an E36:$25k

nuff said
    Good point....

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

lol a GSR engine might make 200hp to the flywheel in space

not on planet Earth

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

I would like to put a 7.3 l powerstroke or a 5.9 l Cummins into a 78 F-250 4 wheel drive. I think that would be a sharp truck.

lol a GSR engine might make 200hp to the flywheel in space

not on planet Earth
    No offense ashlee...You dont know your honda Like I do, I think I blew 3 GSR's before noticing the block was the problem....
    JW Always hating on honda's mofo these motors are amazing I was running 1 cylinder halfway down a track and ran 12 lows. Which aweshocked me 0_0
    Another time my AF ratio was so fucked up 20:4:1 Odd ehh ran fine though. So I was like wtf.

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Damn it, that's what I get for not proofreading my post. I meant I wanted the engine out of the type R not the GSR. I put the wrong designation in to the first post.

JW yes a B18 out of GSR OR an R can be modified to make over 200hp at the flywheel. The 2 liter engine in the S2000 is nothing more then a bored and stroked B18 set up to run RWD instead of FWD. And that engine makes over 200 stock. Then we could add a supercharger or turbocharger, modify the cams, free up the exhaust, add cold air intake, beef up the fuel injection and ignition....well you get the idea. By the time you've done everything you can the engine would make closer to 300hp then 200.

The beauty of the set up I want is that it could all be had for less than 20 grand AND nobody would expect the car to have that kind of speed.

Ashlee

Gender is defined between your ears, not between your legs!

Quote Originally Posted by msbhaven
    Damn it, that's what I get for not proofreading my post. I meant I wanted the engine out of the type R not the GSR. I put the wrong designation in to the first post.

JW yes a B18 out of GSR OR an R can be modified to make over 200hp at the flywheel. The 2 liter engine in the S2000 is nothing more then a bored and stroked B18 set up to run RWD instead of FWD. And that engine makes over 200 stock. Then we could add a supercharger or turbocharger, modify the cams, free up the exhaust, add cold air intake, beef up the fuel injection and ignition....well you get the idea. By the time you've done everything you can the engine would make closer to 300hp then 200.

The beauty of the set up I want is that it could all be had for less than 20 grand AND nobody would expect the car to have that kind of speed.

Ashlee
    hrmm.... let me break this down
    But firstly JW had a American Type R for what a month so he get the claps for a few seconds....
    B18c5-Type R high compression
    plus side-Great trans,block and head
    Neg side-Only good for Naturally aspired.CANNOT take forced induction without sleeving block and dropping LOW compression pistons in. Which I wouldnt do to DE-value the motor.
    ecu(computer) good 300 dollars. needless to say if in a ef chassis model meaning 88-91 civic or crx you need to convert to obd1 or obd2 and get hydraulic conversion kit for the transmission.

f20b is s2k motor we have established that.although it is 180 degrees different on displacement also different series hun...
    B series only can go with B SERIES parts F20b is a knockoff of H series in a way since the f22/f23 that went in accords well the parts are the same as h22 or h23. the vtec model with vtec Non with non....

Modifying honda's is not as easy as one thinks. if you dont know what your doing on firsthand basis I suggest dont do anything to your vehicle.
    computers on vehicles cost $$$$
    Ms Behaven I am a mechanic Ive been messing with hondas since about 15.Im 21 now,Not alot of years there but I know what im doing plus I got Mitchell on Demand5 to help me if I dont have specs for anything

PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC