Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-20

Platinum Poster

Default G-20

Do you see these protesters?! YIKES.
    Getting more and more hectic.

More are coming, but they say it probably wont turn violent.
    Mostly environmental campaigners and Anti-Capitalists.

On a lighter note, i'm watching Obama's Press conference with Gordon Brown. I can sense a stark difference in this room.
    They're lovin' him!
    He is undoing anti-American sentiment in Europe and beyond. This makes me very happy.

Sadly, i think he sounds a little stuffy and his eyes are a bit cloudy. I think he has a cold

www.cnn.com
    For all day updates : )

I was watching the coverage of the protests on CNBC and of course the talking heads on that show just don't get it. The people in the streets are not nutty anarchists. They seem to be regular folks that are fed up with the rich money boys in New York and London who have totally screwed up and don't seem to have to pay for any of their crimes. I think these kinds of reactions are going to get a lot worse as time goes by.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    I was watching the coverage of the protests on CNBC and of course the talking heads on that show just don't get it. The people in the streets are not nutty anarchists. They seem to be regular folks that are fed up with the rich money boys in New York and London who have totally screwed up and don't seem to have to pay for any of their crimes. I think these kinds of reactions are going to get a lot worse as time goes by.
    well some are to be fair.
    A CNN UK field reporter was in the middle of the crowds.
    She showed and spoke to different groups of people there.
    The Anarchists certainly stand out

check out the video. theyre updating every few minutes.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...ml#cnnSTCVideo

Default Re: G-20

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    He is undoing anti-American sentiment in Europe and beyond. This makes me very happy.
    Apart from the toadies in the room who are ready to sniff his throne, there are several European leaders, as well as Chinese and others, who oppose the damage he and the Fed are doing to the dollar, which functions as the international reserve currency. Platitudes and promises of change will only carry him so far when people around the world see their wealth being destroyed by an American spendthrift and his printing press.

Sadly, i think he sounds a little stuffy and his eyes are a bit cloudy. I think he has a cold
    Sometimes when a person plays in the snow too much it can seem like they might be getting a cold.

Platinum Poster

I would hardly call the world press and international journalists there today 'toadies'.
    Most are highly educated and experienced.

I would hardly call the world press and international journalists there today 'toadies'.
    I bet the journalists hardly called on Obama though... they seem quite firm in their feelings for him. I agree though about 'toadies'... perhaps 'whores' is more appropriate.
    Most are highly educated and experienced.
    Many whores are.

Platinum Poster

i see.

well have a nice day : )

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    well some are to be fair.
    A CNN UK field reporter was in the middle of the crowds.
    She showed and spoke to different groups of people there.
    The Anarchists certainly stand out

check out the video. theyre updating every few minutes.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...ml#cnnSTCVideo
    Why are you worried about the anarchists? Somebody has to protest.

Platinum Poster

im not worried.

and theyre in the minority of all the protestors.

I'm wondering what the G20 leaders actually talk about at their meetings.

I can see all the heads of state turning to President Obama and saying 'ok bro, we finally got a US president we can stomach. now how you gonna fix the freakin mess we got ourselves into?'