Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Poster

Wife knows and is cool with it. I never have to hide anything. She knows that I'll look, but never order anything off the menu.

Junior Poster

No one in my family knows, but I told a couple of my friends and they thought it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by phobun
    Quote Originally Posted by fred41
    Tough call as to whether you should volunteer that info ahead of time. Here's why: You might think it's a good idea to tell you family or friends - but you also have to consider your future girlfriend. If she wants to be considered a woman and not have you reveal her TS status to your family, then you have a problem..
    Exactly. It is her personal and medical history, and a guy should honor her privacy. It is not about you.
    Absolutely. In a situation like that the decision is for the woman and the man must respect it or the relationship is in trouble before you begin. How she is perceived is something of a big deal to most transwomen, and if she wants to stealth it, you have to support her in that.

In a wider sense, however, not in respect of a particular woman, I don't think there should be an issue with letting people close to you know that you might have some, shall we say, non-mainstream attractions. If they can't deal with it, it's their problem.

Personally, I believed that I had no choice but to let some people know of my interest, including those closest to me, and they were all cool. It was a difficult decision to take but it was the right one, for me, and in any case I was in a position where I believed I had to.

Having said that I appreciate that it might make life difficult--depends on a lot of circumstances. Sometimes it may just be kinder to keep schtum.