Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Like Johnny said.. keep yourself busy. Set new goals for yourself. Recently I've stopped contact with a number of people who have screwed me. It helps me not to have contact with those people and focus on the stuff that is positive in your life.

I know it sounds Dr. Phil-ish but it works.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Keep with the drinking and the pills. If that doesn't work, target prostitutes that remind you of the girl that hurt you and chop them up. It's a great stress reliever, it fills empty moments in your day, and all the struggling and fighting is good exercise which will promote good health.

Here's a few tips:
    1) Always operate in an area you are familiar with and would consider a "comfort zone".
    2) Stay disciplined and avoid impulsive acts.
    3) Resist taking a souvenir from your victim. It's pleasurable to relive your conquests but it can also link you to your victims.
    4) Keep a supply of bleach handy but buy it in a store that doesn't know you. Pay cash and destroy the receipt. Bleach is effective in defeating Luminol.
    5) Using a knife is good but can be messy. Keep a mental footnote of the perimeter of your killing zone and make sure to erase any connection you have with it. Knives make the act more personal and intimate possibly even giving you sexual gratification. A gun is no good since a bullet is almost like a fingerprint.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet
    Keep with the drinking and the pills. If that doesn't work, target prostitutes that remind you of the girl that hurt you and chop them up. It's a great stress reliever, it fills empty moments in your day, and all the struggling and fighting is good exercise which will promote good health.

Here's a few tips:
    1) Always operate in an area you are familiar with and would consider a "comfort zone".
    2) Stay disciplined and avoid impulsive acts.
    3) Resist taking a souvenir from your victim. It's pleasurable to relive your conquests but it can also link you to your victims.
    4) Keep a supply of bleach handy but buy it in a store that doesn't know you. Pay cash and destroy the receipt. Bleach is effective in defeating Luminol.
    5) Using a knife is good but can be messy. Keep a mental footnote of the perimeter of your killing zone and make sure to erase any connection you have with it. Knives make the act more personal and intimate possibly even giving you sexual gratification. A gun is no good since a bullet is almost like a fingerprint.
    y'know...with your avatar being Christopher Walken...it's more imaginable.

I have only posted once on this board and I saw this and wanted to respond. Time doesn’t always heal a broken heart. It has been a year in a half for me and my heart is still broken. I have tried everything to move on but I haven’t been able too. I’ve buried myself in work, I buried myself in the gym, tried drinking myself to death. I’ve dated and tried to forget her with other women but I just wind up using them and dumping them. I only see her face when I’m with someone else. Not a day or minute goes by that I don’t think about her. Sometimes I just break down. When I reflect back on our relationship I wish I would have done things different, I wish I would have done the things she asked me too. I was in a very bad and confusing time in my life. I pray everyday that she will contact me and give me another chance. The only thing that keeps me going is hope, the hope that there is still love in her heart for me. She knows I would do anything in the world to get her back and I would do whatever she wants. But she refrains from talking to me or contacting me for fear that her feelings will come out and she will be vulnerable. It’s so true you never know what you have until you lose it. I know I will never love anyone again as much as I love her. I am very much like my father. It’s been 30 yrs since my parents divorced and my father never got over my mother. He never married again and never had a long relationship again. Yes he is a very lonely old man and I fear I will suffer the same fate barring some miracle I get another chance.

Junior Poster

Thank you guys, it means a lot.

"Girls stink, they stink, they're evil, they're all bad, all of them, they're backstabbers"-Vincent Gallo 'Buffalo 66'

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel
    Thank you guys, it means a lot.
    I'm glad I could be of some help.

Veteran Poster

I'll be watching America's Unsolved Crime Mysteries every week now!

Rookie Poster

Lift. When you get sore, lift some more. Keep lifting until you get so big you can throw a Hyundai across a river.

Besides lifting, do something to help someone, like volunteer work. Big Brothers Big Sisters is good. One of my favorite volunteer activities is Read Across America. Takes place during the first week of March, so next year if you are still feeling up to it look it up and give it a try. I was absolutely blown away while reading Green Eggs and Ham and having a class of 1st graders read along with me. Our adult problems don't seem to be a big deal after that.

"I gotta go lift"

Default Re: how do you deal with a broken heart?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel
    I know im not a regular on this board, but i just got heart broken by a girl. how do you guys deal with it? those that have experienced it? how do you move on? I really hurt. I dont know what to do! I feel like shit, I dont know how to cope, I just drink and take pills! how do I survive?
    Ironic handle/post combination.

What do I do? Hold onto it for years and bring it out every now and then to torture ............. myself with. But one isn't enough; go get a collection of a dozen or so who have crushed your heart and thrown it in the gutter so you'll always have at least one to obsess over.

You survive by keeping yourself busy with as much shit as you can so you don't have a moment to think about it. Take on an impossible project, like getting the cockhounds on HA out from behind their computers and out into the real world for once. Soon you'll have yourself tearing your hair out over that and not having as much free time, because totally empty time will ALWAYS have you focusing on her.

Remember the old saying:

"If you love something let it go,
    If it doesn't come back to you.
    Hunt it down and kill it."

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Rookie Poster

The Simon guide to mending a broken heart...

1) Make a list, and not of the good things (that comes later). Write down and remember every hurt, every slight, every threat, every punch, basically everything that ended in you no longer loving that person as you once did. Read it at least once a day, sooner or later you are going to see things through rose coloured glasses, the list helps you remember how it really was at the end.

2) Get drunk (this is not a long term solution though girls n boys, trust me, I know)

3) Basically bang everything and everyone that comes to hand, it may not be meaningful, but it certainly diverts your attention away from how you are feeling at the time.

4) Don't rush into another relationship, It's oh so easy to mistake loneliness for love when you are feeling fragile.

5) Get out of the house in the evenings. Don't sit there talking to walls, they are never going to answer you. You have friends out there, talk to them.

6) And when the time is right, make another list, this time of the good things and the good times you once had together, so you can remember why that person once meant everything that was good in your life.

Simon

Master and Photographer