View Poll Results: Should Boxing be banned?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 15.38%
  • NO

21 80.77%
  • Hate the sport

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ban Boxing?

i really dont care if two fools choose to step in a ring and beat the livin shit out of each other. last time i watched boxing was back when tyson was in his prime. now, boxing isnt entertaining IMO

New Orleans, no place like home.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I personally love boxing. I don't go out of my way to see it, but a good fight is interesting to watch.

As long as both guys are in command of their faculties, skilled in fighting, and able to make a rational decision to get in the ring, I say so be it. I even use to like that Ultimate Fighting shit (which I'm sure is still going on). On the other hand, I think the "Bum Fight" stuff is pretty sad.

"Beat the hell out of each other, we'll buy ya both cheeseburgers." Exploit two drunk, desperate guys for chump change. That's pathetic. I put that on nearly the same level as Dog Fighting and other stupid crap.

Rookie Poster

The rules need to change and the managers and promoters need to really look at the boxing commission and have the change the rules...A boxer just wants to box and he doesn't think of his own well being...money first

5 Star Poster

I don't like boxing but I don't think it should be banned. I'll agree with joyboy that banning it will drive it underground and also think that if two guys are willing to have their brains beaten to a pulp, then they should go ahead and do it. It may be a cause of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's (unproven) and certainly can't do your brain any good, but boxers, especially nowadays, go into the sport knowing full well what the cons are, because the money can be very good. As ossumpei pointed out, being hurt is an occupational risk, just as it is for racing car drivers and other sportsmen. It also helps to get young kids off the streets and into the gym.

Fighting displays and spectator sports have been a part of human culture since history began. Proper equipment can reduce head injuries. Banning boxing altogether will cause more harm than good.

Boxing describes more about the human condition than we care to admit. Boxing movies like Raging Bull, Million Dollar Baby, Somebody Up There Likes Me and The Champion strike a chord not only because they're good movies but because they tell us something about our own personal fight in life.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.