Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Ouch - Now I'm even more confused!

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Ok Mr.Grooby.
    I know you dont care for me but I am an expert on the Iphone.
    Listen carefully...............
    Do not buy an Iphone right now.
    They will be coming out with a new generation of phones that are going to blow the Iphone 3g away soon.
    When?
    Im expecting around June....thats 3 months.
    I would NOT purchase a Blackberry or Nokia or anything else until June.
    I am NOT referring to the 3.0 O.S upgrade by Apple of existing phones I am talking about newer phones that are coming soon that will amaze you.

Append......
    If your contract for your current Mobile provider is running out I would buy a "GO" phone to tide you over.
    They are cheap and if you dont absolutely have to have email and internet it would be the way to go UNTIL june.

You might be kicking yourself if you commit to ANYTHING right now.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    Ok Mr.Grooby.
    They will be coming out with a new generation of phones that are going to blow the Iphone 3g away soon.
    When?
    I am NOT referring to the 3.0 O.S upgrade by Apple of existing phones I am talking about newer phones that are coming soon that will amaze you.

Append......
    If your contract for your current Mobile provider is running out I would buy a "GO" phone to tide you over.
    They are cheap and if you dont absolutely have to have email and internet it would be the way to go UNTIL june.

You might be kicking yourself if you commit to ANYTHING right now.
    Thank you - I appreciate it very much.

Palm Pre, coming out in the next month or two

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/13/p...anted-to-know/

Iphones are cool, but its nice to have a keyboard. I plan on trading up from my Centro as soon as the Pre's are available.

FK

[quote="Solitary Brother"]Ok Mr.Grooby.
    When?

Yeh, well there is always something better coming out just around the corner. If you wait you will always be waiting. Buy what is best for you now and if something better comes out then buy that!

SB said EXPERT thats cute....Did u help design it? no o ok then your not a expert...You may know the phone well but expert Pshah.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by barefootjoe69
    I have an Iphone and my girlfriend has a blackberry. Anytime she needs to look something up on the internet or get directions she is asking for my Iphone.
    Now the Iphone is far from perfect but I think it is the best phone out right now. I have tried the Gphone and the Blackberry and the Iphone is just easier to use.
    This is coming from me. A Windows guy that despised Apple products!
    She has an older phone with the older browser. If she updates her OS or installs opera the browser is just as good if not better than the one on the iPhone. The Bold, Storm and Curve 8900 are all great from browsing at the moment. When the iPhone has GPS and bluetooth un-crippled as well is the ability to do the simple stuff (copy and paste, mms...though word is these are coming in software ver 3.0) then it can be in the running and make a solid argument.

AT&T may be getting ready to offer the iPhone 3G at a very expensive yet no-commitment price.

The Boy Genius Report has a report out Wednesday that AT&T plans to offer iPhone 3Gs at $599 or $699 without requiring the customer to sign a new two-year agreement, starting next week. When the iPhone 3G launched last year, AT&T said it would offer such an option, but never pulled the trigger.

An AT&T representative declined to comment on the report.

The move would seem designed to rid AT&T of iPhone inventory ahead of the launch of a new product later this summer, as most of us are expecting. Apple didn't allude to any new hardware during its iPhone 3.0 event on Tuesday, but there have been a few signs, and the company has noted that iPhone releases seem to be falling into a yearly schedule around June or July.

iPhones sales soared after Apple and AT&T cut the starting price to $199 last year, but there are definitely some people who would like an iPhone free from AT&T and a two-year commitment to paying a monthly wireless bill, even if it costs them more up front.

Would you buy a $599 8GB iPhone if it meant you didn't have to sign a two-year contract?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10...html?tag=mncol

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10200602-37.html

the deal breaker is that 2 year commitment

Wait for the Palm Pre before you make a choice.