Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    some cool cars, but only the Corvette, Cayman, Elise and Z4 are sports cars. The others are sports sedans or coupes or something else entirely. A sports car is more about handling and balance than just speed.

If you want to be even more stringent in your definitions, a sports car should be a convertible, not a fixed roof car.

My choice for the best sports car under 60k is the same choice as most car magazines; the Porsche Boxster.

2 seater, convertible and the perfect blend of power and poise.

FK
    Just like Clarkston said -

"Buying a Boxster is like telling the world your life hasn't quite turned out like you thought it would"

IE: Why buy a Boxster if you could afford one of the many versions of the 997/911?

He and I do like the Benz SLK55 WAY MORE...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Videos/To...AMG_Video.html

Good Points by all. However, I am sticking to my original choice - The Vette (since my beloved Supra is not currently avail)

Quote Originally Posted by dj4monie

Just like Clarkston said -

"Buying a Boxster is like telling the world your life hasn't quite turned out like you thought it would"

IE: Why buy a Boxster if you could afford one of the many versions of the 997/911?

He and I do like the Benz SLK55 WAY MORE...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Videos/To...AMG_Video.html
    The category was sports cars for under 60k. you can't touch a 997 for that little. As far as Top Gear, Jeremy has a strong bias for MBz and a stronger prejudice against Porsche. He picked the MBZ, but the Boxster actually won that challenge, and several others head to head sports car contests and its lap times are much better than the Benz. The Benz is a little too heavy and luxurious to be a true sports car. You can't even get it with a stick shift in the US.

FK

Lotus Exige, Porsche Cayman. Open-topped cars are for cruising, not for the real stuff.

Insert funny quote here

I'm going to have to vote Corvette on this one. For sheer performance and fun(ness?) to drive, you just can't beat American muscle. My in-laws have a Nasau blue '98 C5 coupe and a Torch red '98 C5 covertible.

As for myself, when I win my first big poker tournament, I'm going to get myself a blue '67 coupe with a 427 big block.

"Those who would give up essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security..."

Benjamin Franklin

Professional Poster

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_NL
    Lotus Exige, Porsche Cayman. Open-topped cars are for cruising, not for the real stuff.
    I guess Indy and Formula cars are not for real? LOL

FK

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by DL_NL
    I guess Indy and Formula cars are not for real? LOL

FK
    Many tracks have very specific rules for cabs that can or can't drive.

GT3's are already setup for the track.

So of course it depends on what your definition of sports car is - every car forum defines it differently.

(oh, and I'm also positive you can get a 997 for less than $60,000 - hell, you can get a 996 turbo for less than that now too, but unless you get work done, I would still consider that a cruiser and not a sport car or track car)

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Professional Poster

if you want a porsche why would you even consider any model other than the dauer 962?
    granted it costs a tiny bit more than 60k but thats not the point

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    if you want a porsche why would you even consider any model other than the dauer 962?
    granted it costs a tiny bit more than 60k but thats not the point
    cute

http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/h...uer/962LM.html

fastest car in the world until the Bugati veyron came out, less than a dozen made and 6 are owned by the Sultan of Brunei LOL So expensive, if you have to ask, you can't afford one LOL

I assumed we were taking new sports cars, not used. if the budget is 60k for a used car, there are some other great options out there but it would be hard to beat a 911 variant

but for new sports cars, under 60k, I still the Boxster offers the the best bang for the buck

FK