Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Just get a Golf R32 MkV...

Vr6 with the EPI Bi-turbo kit (20k kit but the car is only 24k used)

Stock suspension and tires with the turbo kit and you are getting 3.6 0-60 not to mention to close to v8 souding Vr6 engine

Then u get 700 fwhp but 635 4whp

if u dont like golf's get a subaru sti (05...not the new ones) and put 35k in that thing and watch it shit on everything

If you like rwd, get a 1980's rx7 and drop a ls1 in there and have 550 flbs of torque

Now if u want a brand new car, under warranty with excellent gas mileage i suggest the Cobalt SS tubro (08 and up) it has 265 whp (they underrate the crank at 268 but it trully gets 240-65 hp at the wheels) and still get 30mpg on the highway. Now if you do not like FWD and you do not want 4wd (since they only run around 35-40k then you jump to 100k+ im guessing you want rwd and already has a Daily Driver I would go with the corvette but there are other options...

Do you want good looks, nimble driving and fast around the corners? Or do you like 1/4 mile times and all that sutff?

For 5k more you can get a used (5k miles) Nissan GTR, you can also wait for the new nismo 370z which will have 450hp + for around 56k and it is/ will be more reliable

Then the question is what do you want for a shifter? Paddle? Auto? DSG? H pattern?

There are many options out there, and if you want the right choice you must specify! haha

Other wise i'd just get a 04 NSX for 33k drop 20k on supercharger, suspension, exhaust, brakes, and MAYBE a frame/brace but thats just me I like MR setups and v6's

Does this have to be a track car? A Daily driver/week-end warrior? Or just a nice car to drive around?

There is also Audi...4wd v8's for under 60k or 4wd I5's (not i4's lol) for that price range as well

I mean there are literally so many aspect to a car, convenience, luxury, reliablity, track worthiness, looks, speed, acceleration, cornering, 1/4 mile times, slalom

Honestly I would pick up a 335i put a chip have 430hp + and call it a Daily driver that stops in under 100feet and is strictly RWD I6 with twin turbos (which you can obvioulsy upgrade and get a 4 years free maintance! haha

Silver Poster

$60K?
    Well this one is selling at $60200 at the moment.

And I'm looking at maybe getting one.
    But if i wasn't a flaming asshole!
    2008 BMW Z4 M @ $50k

But if I wasn't a total tool, the new Evo looks and sounds great.
    But I have to admit the interior leaves a lot to the imagination.

"How you doin!"

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by volk88
    here is what I think of your vette......

this is braket racing vette leaves first but look at the times.......hahaha! and that evo is damn near stock
    AWD.VS.RWD
    Awd got launch easy...Top of that its not stock nice guess tho....
    Sir before you post the vid you might want to Investigate the shit before calling it stock...they have a website check it out.....

^ think I said damn " near" stock (that car has only a few bolt on's)...... but heres another OLDer one for you cause I'm not just talkin drag racing.. ... any this is the best bang for your buck under 60k ........I'll even say go grab somethin up to 100k and I'll meet you at any road track on the east coast

and..... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7q...olution-x_auto
    Man...you took a evo 8 which is Lighter/Non-Paddle shift against the Lambo...Then a vid of the Evo X fq series???? makes no sense to me...Im not saying a X is a bad car its a great desgined car but to do the stuff u said is a bit out there....I feel bad for u Obd2 guys. My GSX-95 is far Easier to tune than ur Newer cars.

hahaha ya that was a FQ360 model that only has 50 more HP then the states model ( not hard to achieve) .... but I'll give you an idea .... turbo back exhaust / intake/all intercooler piping and a $500 custom tune put me well over 400hp .... talking 365Whp for a total of $3000 and not shitty parts either GREDDY and HKS ......didn't stop there ... bought an FP red turbo $1300 upgraded injectors /Fuel Rail $600 and large intercooler $700 ......... $5600 total running min boost 93oct 410WHP / 460WHP C16 race fuel
    runs a 11.2 all day long......... last I checked F430 scuderia times

this is braket racing vette leaves first but look at the times.......hahaha! and that evo is damn near stock
    AWD.VS.RWD
    Sir before you post the vid you might want to Investigate the shit before calling it stock...they have a website check it out.....

^ think I said damn " near" stock (that car has only a few bolt on's)...... but heres another OLDer one for you cause I'm not just talkin drag racing.. ... any this is the best bang for your buck under 60k ........I'll even say go grab somethin up to 100k and I'll meet you at any road track on the east coast

Man...you took a evo 8 which is Lighter/Non-Paddle shift against the Lambo...Then a vid of the Evo X fq series???? makes no sense to me...Im not saying a X is a bad car its a great desgined car but to do the stuff u said is a bit out there....I feel bad for u Obd2 guys. My GSX-95 is far Easier to tune than ur Newer cars.

hahaha ya that was a FQ360 model that only has 50 more HP then the states model ( not hard to achieve) .... but I'll give you an idea .... turbo back exhaust / intake/all intercooler piping and a $500 custom tune put me well over 400hp .... talking 365Whp for a total of $3000 and not shitty parts either GREDDY and HKS ......didn't stop there ... bought an FP red turbo $1300 upgraded injectors /Fuel Rail $600 and large intercooler $700 ......... $5600 total running min boost 93oct 410WHP / 460WHP C16 race fuel
    did u just say greddy is a good company? NEWB.... Carb exempt=shitty. and Greddy products are CARB EXEMPT.HKS is overpriced x10 easier to make your own exhaust...I think it costed me 120. total 3 inch+ custom Downpipe.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Rookie Poster

AWD.VS.RWD

did u just say greddy is a good company? NEWB.... Carb exempt=shitty. and Greddy products are CARB EXEMPT.HKS is overpriced x10 easier to make your own exhaust...I think it costed me 120. total 3 inch+ custom Downpipe.
    I fail to see the argument here! regardless of parts and what you think is good or not . even though you just proved my point " I think it costed me 120. total 3 inch+ custom Downpipe " .... it is what it is ( THE best bang for your buck under 60K hands down! )

bmw 135 coupe

turbocharged
    horsepower: 300 @ 5800 rpm
    torque: 300 @ 1400 rpm
    msrp: $40,150

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/de...ries&state=new
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall12_125.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	229832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall11_136.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	229833  

some cool cars, but only the Corvette, Cayman, Elise and Z4 are sports cars. The others are sports sedans or coupes or something else entirely. A sports car is more about handling and balance than just speed.

If you want to be even more stringent in your definitions, a sports car should be a convertible, not a fixed roof car.

My choice for the best sports car under 60k is the same choice as most car magazines; the Porsche Boxster.

2 seater, convertible and the perfect blend of power and poise.

FK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgporschepercent20boxster1_138.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	229849  

5 Star Poster

60 grand is also a good amount for a Down payment on a HOME...which some people need these days.Just saying....
    LOL - actually in many markets $60,000 will buy you a couple of cheap homes. One to live in one to rent. Then take the rental income and use it to buy your Vette - or another home.

LOL,
    TS Jamie

5 Star Poster

PS - C-dude, nice to see you here. So how are Corvette sales going these days?

I wanted one until I discovered the tires are like $500. Each.

LOL,
    TS Jamie

Junior Poster

Sometimes I can understand buying used because somebody else already took the hit in lost value once you drove it off the lot.

But something about a car nobody else has owned or driven.... all brand new, hard to repeat that "new car smell"

As for value it depends. A Lotus is not practical at all! I like the car alot but that's like suggesting a Caterham 7 which weighs even less...

A hell of a bargain right now is a Pontiac G8 GXP. With the discounts and rebates available it pushes it way down to $38K+ With the money you saved, you could buy a house.

You can also pick up a BMW 335i Convert, opt for European Delivery and load it up with options an come under $58K.

If I had 60K though, there's only ONE car I would buy -

Benz has the meanest sounding V8 roar.... prices start at $53K 450+hp!