Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Hey buddy, I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Professional Poster

Watchmen was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I took my son and my gf to see it last weekend and was very disappointed. It was way too long and the story was something out of a true geeky, nerd, dorks fantasy world. I suppose if you are a geeky, nerdy, dorky kind of guy, you will love this movie.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

biberkopf Rookie Poster biberkopf's Avatar

I saw Watchmen last Friday and I loved it. I've never read the graphic novel and I never even heard of it until plans for the movie were announced. I stayed away from the novel because I wanted to see the movie fresh with as few preconceptions as possible. The friend I saw it with read the novel before seeing the movie and felt it was a faithful adaptation except for the ending.

Default what about the blue dick????

i would have figured all the cock hounds here would have loved a blue dick shown throughout the movie.

I'ma get mine in 2009!

Rookie Poster

Default Re: what about the blue dick????

Ok, I try to give a vote without thinking about Silk Spectre II, that wonderful girls, that perfect smile, the long hairs, all tahat latex... DOH!

Leaving Silk Spectre to the movie, I'm one of those who were disappointed after watching the movie.
    BUT
    just because I had read the graphic novel and loved it.
    Watchmen - the Movie, in my humble opinion, is still better than a lot of other superheroes movies of the last years. It isn't a bad movie, it's that it was impossible to describe all the complexity, the sub-plots and the parallel-plots of the original novel. As example I can mention the miracle that Peter Jackson did with Lord of the Ring. It was impossible to put all that saga in 3 movies, and it was impossible to do the same for Watchmen.
    So... in a scale from 1 to 10 my vote is 8.
    Pete

Peter

Rookie Poster

I love this movie! I've read the comic, in fact I read comics all the time. This is 1 of the most faithful adaptations so far.

Yes they changed the ending & took out a big subplot, but it still worked.

Awesome!

Junior Poster

I was torn. Loved the comic and thought the movie was ok, not great.

Rookie Poster

watchmen was a good film ... fools

Veteran Poster

I was ready to be hyper critical of this film and went to see it with nervous intrepedation - I read the book when it first came out though I am not a big fan of comics especially but I will read something once in a blue moon. I re-read the graphic novel again sometime around 96 when I figured I was older and more mature to take in some of its subtleties in the plot and understand the message that the book was trying to achieve.

I went with my partner to see the film at the IMAX, it was sold out months in advance. I knew the bits from the book that had been removed from the cinema release cut, but I also knew that all these sections had been filmed and would be back on the DVD (Under the hood, the comic at the newstand and so on) So I wasn't looking for or expecting to see any of this material and as cuts went I thought these were wise choices.

I thought it was a very faithful adaptation and if it had tried to please everyone or spoonfed people who hadn't read the book, it would have entertained no one. Clearly people's views on it are very split here but I certainly didn't think the film was all style and no substance. It was one of the best adaptations I had seen in a long way, and rightly markedly different from the other superheros films of late - this is simply a different kind of movie. As someone else pointed out, it almost explains what the reality of having superheroes in our lives would be - disasterous, as they are as weak as everyone else in society, just in different ways.

I for one am relieved that it wasn't another shovel from Hollywood of more of the same and finacially it's broken even already so someone made the right decision.

Ny personal gripes are that a couple of action orientated moments from the film are missing, and they could have added a bit of pace if included.

Roll on the DVD, i'll be buying one. My partner who knew nothing about the book or the film before hand, love it.

'We Are, Marshall... Almost home...'

Junior Poster

I think the movie was great, but I can understand why some people totally hate it. I really think it depends how deep you interpret the meaning. The way I see it, this characters in the story represent different segments in society and how they work together. And they try to change different facts in history that we aren't use too. So someone who really doesn't like to throw their imagination on the sort of "what if" scenario may not like what they are doing.