Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default 4th Annual Transgender Leadership Summit March 27-29th 2009

The 4th annual Transgender Leadership Summit will be held March 27-29th at the University of CA, San Diego.

http://www.transgenderlawcenter.org/summit2009.html

I think it would be wonderful if some of our ladies would attend. Especially any girls who live in the So Cal area who could drive down for the day on Saturday (the main day) or spend the weekend.

The Leadership Summit is an annual gathering of transgender activists and allies. Over 300 people attended last years event at Berkley!

The Summit empowers advocates to advance California’s transgender civil rights movement through leadership development, policy building and advocacy workshops and networking. Started in 2006, the Summit alternates between host cities in Northern and Southern California.

Previous conferences have included topics such as dealing with the media, employee and prisoner rights, and youth needs.

There is a $25 charge to attend this year - but NOBODY will be turned away if they can't pay. Several meals are (usually) included.

Please stand up with us and make your voice heard. Together we can make positive change in our community and our futures!

Hugs,
    Jamie

PS: To the Gents - sorry guys, this isn't a hook up event... but the SRO bar ought to be hopping that weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tls_campus_loc_map_206.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	228766  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5 Star Poster

bump

5 Star Poster

Gee - I'm kind of disappointed. It's been 3 days and nobody has made a comment.

I guess it's just all about fucking.

I do hope some of you will find time to attend.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

It looks more like a CD/older transitioner function

Junior Poster
    LA, NYC, Denver, Paris, Venice, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Moscow, China

might as well face it. as much as the ladies piss and moan about equality and rights the types of ladies you find here are too self absorbed to help anyone else or any cause because they believe their own personal being is cause enough.

"Perception is Reality, until you know better. Always look below the surface and you will never need to judge."

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyT
    might as well face it. as much as the ladies piss and moan about equality and rights the types of ladies you find here are too self absorbed to help anyone else or any cause because they believe their own personal being is cause enough.
    Are you kidding? I give back to my own community all the time. I wouldn't be posting on this board if I hadn't been soliciting flyers for a transgender community event in a night club. The girls on here just don't let you in their personal life enough to show you what they do outside of this bs.

I know I am not the only one on here. This is just one example. But again, most girls on here won't give you an inch of info about their personal life.

Platinum Poster

wow. remember i said i'm thinking od ucsd as a grad school jamie?

shit! 2 years too early.
    that would be so awesome.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87

shit! 2 years too early.
    My elder Sibling went there good school but then again what State college isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by ef9hatchman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87

shit! 2 years too early.
    My elder Sibling went there good school but then again what State college isnt.
    I am pretty sure UCSD is Party school central!

5 Star Poster

Hey Alyssa - that's cool. Maybe Jessica and you will be in grad school there at the same time. She was just offered a research position there last week.

And Amy - I don't think it even compares to UC Santa Barbara as party central. I hear they burn couches in the street up there. LOL

LOL,
    TS Jamie