Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Little Debt, Recession proof job (not a career), very little bills. Have cash, pulled out of the market (Its Vegas not investing...).

I shall be fine, will change jobs as soon as the market starts an up tick (should be later this year).

So far, the crappy economy (Aside from sucking the life out of my 401k) has actually helped me somewhat in that the banks/mortgage companies are more willing to negotiate.

Except for blips in the house payments caused by the insane policies that you have to miss payments before the bank will help you to make payments (Yah, you read that right), my credit is spotless.

In a couple of months I expect I'll be in a position to sit on the sidelines and watch other people bleed for awhile. That will be nice, for a change.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gas14
    down 310k in the market my building is down 20% my apartment in the city last year worth 2.1 now worth 1.7 and if i wanted couldnt sell it, business is down everything sucks,
    1.7 left - well you're still a contender sweetie. You aren't looking for a GF or two are you? It just so happens that we are going to need a place to live soon. Your apartment sounds suitable.

She giggles...

The condo we've rented for the past 3 1/2 years went to the bank last week. I wasn't about to buy it for what they wanted - which was about double what it's worth. Not my fault they made a bad loan.

So we are now officially squatters. When I call the bank nobody is interested in talking to me and we don't know who to pay even if I was so inclined. So fk 'em.

Hugs to all who are suffering,
    TS Jamie

Veteran Poster

Well we own our house I have some saved. The only debt I have right now is my Jeep payment. As for Work it sucks The Company I work for is hovering on the stock market at .55 cents a share and has a "put" against her coming due next month. Going to be spending this summer working in my Gardens and doing some work to my property in rural WV to get ready in case we decide things here become rather unsettling.

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Junior Poster

Still have my job, thankfully, but no pay raise this year, yet inflation feels like 10%/yr. Nosediving 401k. What's the stock market going to do ? Can't go to zero ... Most likely it will bounce back in the ~20 years before I retire.

I ain't too 'shame to admit that I'm broke and jobless right now. The career field I want to break into is supposed to be recession proof which sounds good for later on, but I need work now.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

WDF, another stock market wipeout today. is it ever gonna end?

I'm thinking McDonald's is way too expensive,
    anyone have Alpo coupons ?

5 Star Poster

Yeah - FB - tomorrow and the rest of the week will tell a lot about where we are headed. If it goes down more we could be looking at 5,000.

I heard somebody talking 3/3 - that is to say a 3,000 Dow and $3,000 gold.

Here's the problem.
    For 40 years we have ignored the renewable energy problems.
    For 20 years we have exported all our manufacturing jobs overseas.
    For 10 years we have exported all our MONEY to China.
    For 5 years we exported our remaining tech jobs to India.
    And the jobs that were left were taken by illegal aliens.
    Then we dragged out two wars for nearly a decade instead of getting the job done and moving on.

My friends there is nothing left. We cannot survive as a nation when everyone works at Wal-Mart or for the government. When Citi is at a dollar, when GM is going bankrupt. I hope things don't continue downhill, and I'm not a doom sayer, but I see a death spiral.

Here's what happened in layman's terms for those without economic degrees.

California, Vegas, and Florida sold houses to people who couldn't afford them. Then the interest went up. Everyone bailed on their loan. Meanwhile the banks had been selling the mortgages into giant funds that investors in turn bought pieces of, until nobody knew who owned what anymore. Then the value of the property dropped, causing the funds to fail, followed by the banks.

Then everyone in the rest of the country heard there was a housing crisis, so they stopped buying junk from China - which in turn stopped buying oil from Russia. And now shipments into the port of LA are down 20% (that's 1 ship out of 5) so the stores are closing and laying off.

So now those people are getting foreclosed on and losing their homes. They aren't buying anything, so less is made, and more people get fired around the world.

Then Obama spends trillions on earmarks and bailing out the ultra-rich on the back of the future.

And the death sprial continues. The question is how far will it go, and could the fundmental basis of the US Government be at risk?

Just some food for thought.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

Veteran Poster

In 2003, started plan to pay-off all my credit cards. Paid off my one MAJOR credit card in December 2008, plus two store cards early in 2008. Have only home payment, cell phone and monthly food & tranportation costs to & from work now. I'm starting to SAVE, and I already see promising results of my plan to be debt free. I am thankful it all worked out before everything crashed. My total monthly expenses are now only 25 percent of my income. That is why I am getting ready to TRAVEL the WORLD. My fun during these last 6 years has been so restrained, I'm now ready to get Buck Wild!!! (within reason)

Veteran Poster

I say let's invade Canada, kick their ass and take their gas. No offense JayCanuck.

Seriously now, as long as JP is charging $1500 a visit, I say the economy is pretty good.

You are cordially invited to toss my salad