Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

#1 2001 That creepy too calm voice of a killer computer which controls everything. Which is more funny than anything since all computers give us now is the web. Almost no one saw that one coming.

#2 Star Trek First Contact. The Borg capture data and try to assimilate him. How? By grafting skin on to him. After the first bit of skin is grafted on, and Data is talking about how it'll never work. Then the borg queen blows him (that bit of skin on his arm) Priceless classic.

#3 WarGames The whole movie. Most people I have meet who got into computers in the 80's (before everyone had a PC, and a smart phone, and/or some other thing that is more powerful than the PC's back then.) WarGames made the AirForce look so cool, it made computers look cool. It was cool. By the by they made a sucky sequel to this. It went direct to DVD.

Rookie Poster

my favorite has got to be the ending to 2001 a space odesey

Rookie Poster

Firefly (tv show Serenity was based on)-
    Captain says to prisoner- "Do you know what the chain of command is?"
    Prisoner-"No"
    Captain- "It's the chain I'm gonna beat you with if you don't answer me"

The Matrix reloaded-
    Scene with the frenchman where he explains- "there is only one real truth, causality, there is no action without reaction....."
    -the truth about life summed up in one character's hubris, gotta love it!

Scarface-
    "chi chi, get the yay-o"
    I know its not sci fi but it's still a great line

Rookie Poster

Firefly (tv show Serenity was based on)-
    Captain says to prisoner- "Do you know what the chain of command is?"
    Prisoner-"No"
    Captain- "It's the chain I'm gonna beat you with if you don't answer me"

The Matrix reloaded-
    Scene with the frenchman where he explains- "there is only one real truth, causality, there is no action without reaction....."
    -the truth about life summed up in one character's hubris, gotta love it!

Scarface-
    "chi chi, get the yay-o"
    I know its not sci fi but it's still a great line

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

In Dark City, when you first discover that the city is a space station.

The previously mentioned opera/fight scene from The Fifth Element.

Rutger Hauer's death scene in Blade Runner.

The freeway chase from The Matrix Reloaded gets an honorable mention, but technically speaking its more of an action/adventure scene than a sci-fi one.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Your top 3 favorite sci-fi scenes of all time...........

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel

#1. Starbuck discovering she's a hybrid cylon when she plays with her father who is Cylon model #7 Daniel. [/list]
    I think I'm a gaddamn cylon...whenever i that particular rendition i get goosebumps and chills, I get hype, I dont know what to do with myself, I start acting crazy...althought i've been crazy. Thats shit is powerful as fuck. I keep watching that scene over and over and over.

Bitch I wanna put my mouth on your Disco Stick. - The Cum Monster

Junior Poster

Many great choices already here but I won't repeat any. So in no particular order :

1) The burly brawl in Matrix Reloaded
    2) The StayPuft Marshmellow Man stomping around NYC in Ghostbusters
    3) Guy kvetching about his imminent death on the mining planet in Galaxy Quest

Honorable mention - Officer Murphy's rebirth as Robocop

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

Default only one

Since all the good scenes have already been mentioned, Star wars etc. I have only one scene that is burned into my mind forever, it's a simple statement spoken by a true Superman, Christopher Reeve.
    "There will be peace when the people of the world want it so badly that their governments will have no choice but to give it to them." Superman IV

Professional Poster

Just 3 - No way can I limit to 3

1) The Beach scene in Planet of the Apes at the end
    2) Heston's meltdown at the end of Soylent Green
    3) Jonathon .. Jonathon chant at the end of Rollerball
    4) Chestburster in Alien
    5) "I aint got time to bleed" raid on the guerilla camp in Predator
    6) 17 Days we aint gonna last 17 hours in Aliens ... basically any Hudson scene
    7) Avatar final battle
    Roy Batty's final speech in Blade Runner when we finally realise the so called villains were actually the good guys
    9) Luke I am your Father
    10) That initial battle at the start of Star Wars

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Sorry, more than three, but duh! I'm a geek!

The entire episode of ST:TNG Best of Both Worlds (2 part cliffhanger) - I am Locutus of Borg!

Stargate movie when O'Neil and Jackson both look at the bomb, look at each other, and then say simultaneously (and somewhat ironically): 'I have an idea!'

The Phloston Paradise battle scene in The Fifth Element. Bruce Willis was absolutely perfect in that movie.

The scene in The Matrix Reloaded where the Architect spills his guts about The Matrix, the purpose of the one, and the choice Neo must make... again.

The scene in Star Trek First Contact in which they launch the Phoenix while Zephran Cochrane freaks out until he finds his launch music - Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf. The looks on Rikers and LaForge's faces are classic!

The scene in Contact in which Ellie meets 'her dad.' I don't care what anyone says about that scene. I found it extraordinarily touching after spending 2 hours connecting with her. And the final 'twist of faith' by Mr. Kitz was a stroke of genius by Carl Sagan.

I'm sure I'll back with more, but that's enough for now.

~BB~

Last edited by BellaBellucci; 06-09-2010 at 01:01 AM.